24.01.12

Alexa Chung In Chanel – ‘Numeros Prives’ Exhibition by Chanel

Alexa Chung joined Diane Kruger and Jessica Alba in Las Vegas this weekend for the ‘Numeros Prives’ Exhibition by Chanel.

The TV presenter, who is pursuing fame in America with her new show ’24 Hour Catwalk’, wore a Chanel Spring 2012 dress.

I have to say I really like this look (you know it pains me to admit this).

Her classic baby-blue boucle sleeveless dress with silver buttons and a drop-waist tiered skirt was teamed with shoes that didn’t quite work with the dress, but at least they aren’t those hideous black platform heels she seems to love so much.

Silver Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ sandals would’ve been preferred.

Alexa is head-over-heels in lust with her Christopher Kane Spring 2012 embellished clutch.

She has been spotted carrying it everywhere since she first used it to accessorize her Christopher Kane Spring 2012 dress at the 2011 British Fashion Awards.

Credit: Chanel

Jessica Alba In Carolina Herrera - SiriusXM

Jessica Alba In Carolina Herrera – SiriusXM

Who Wore Acne Better? Solange Knowles or Alesha Dixon

Who Wore Acne Better? Solange Knowles or Alesha Dixon

23 Responses to Alexa Chung In Chanel – ‘Numeros Prives’ Exhibition by Chanel

1. AW January 24, 2012 at 03:31 #

Et tu, FC?

I can’t. All the regular foolishness that is Alexa Chung is strangling what could be a cute dress. No to the shoes and HECK NO to frizzy cone hear hair.

Someone protect good clothes from this girl.

2. Nat39 January 24, 2012 at 03:32 #

It´s kinda cute and playful, not loving the hair but it seems to be working with the playfulness of the look, the black shoes do feel a tad out of place (wouldn´t even mind nude/just off-white), lovely makeup. The only thing that bothers me here is how distractingly thin her legs are, with her knees sticking out.

• Nat39 January 24, 2012 at 06:16 #

From what I can see, by the way she looks she may be suffering from overproduction of thyroid hormone, hence the thinness and the staring gaze (my apologies for misdiagnosis).

3. Yasmine January 24, 2012 at 03:55 #

love the outfit but in all honesty her face scares me and that is awful hair

• Rebecca Z January 24, 2012 at 19:32 #

Agree–looks cute from the neck down.

4. TeaAtTwo January 24, 2012 at 04:32 #

I kind of like the idea of using a fabulous fancy clutch for everyday activities. Makes the day go with a little swing.

5. charmedsage January 24, 2012 at 05:12 #

She appears to have little to no neck at all in this photo. I feel sorry for the dress that it has to be put on her.

6. Mol January 24, 2012 at 06:10 #

I go up and down on Alexa – here I’m feeling up, very much like it.

7. closet cupcake January 24, 2012 at 06:18 #

Alexa Chung can do no wrong in my eyes. Of the thousands of outfits she’s worn, I have yet to see one that I have dislike…AND I love her undone hair – it’s what adds edginess to what could potentially be just another “pretty” dress.

8. Savanna January 24, 2012 at 06:25 #

Although I love Chanel this dress is sort of bland. To put it simply it is too simple. With that being said I do like this dress on her. I do agree with Yasmine about Alexa’s hair. This dress is a good color for her skin tone and really brings out the highlights and color of her eyes. I would’ve picked different shoes to go along with her outfit and make her hair be tucked back away from her hair…maybe even an up do of some sort.

9. jas January 24, 2012 at 09:04 #

if i had that clutch i think i would use it all the time too. i really like her dress

10. Lee January 24, 2012 at 10:34 #

I love this dress, and think it looks really cute on her. All the hate for her hair! This isn’t the best picture, I’ve loved her hair lately.

11. Jerusa January 24, 2012 at 10:51 #

At least the hair does’t look greasy and dirty. I like the dress, bag just NOT on her, it pains me to see such a pretty dress on her.

12. Emi January 24, 2012 at 11:00 #

This is the first time she wears very cute shoes. The dress is cute, I love the clutch, but she’s Alexa Chung, so I like what she’s wearing, the hair is terrible and one swallow doesn’t make a summer.

13. CTgirl January 24, 2012 at 12:14 #

What is with that rat’s nest of hair?! She really needs a brush and someone to show her how to use a blow-dryer. I get undone hair when it is used to add edginess to a look. When it’s always undone it’s either lazy or a fashion rut. She is overrated in every sense.

14. Jones19 January 24, 2012 at 14:42 #

I have a hard time seeing anything but her sickly thin legs.

15. lululabell January 24, 2012 at 18:33 #

Finally, an Alexa look I can somewhat get behind. She doesn’t look half bad. Here’s to hoping she keeps it up.

16. Chanel January 24, 2012 at 22:17 #

This girl has no idea humans invented the hairbrush many, many years ago.

17. Shaina January 24, 2012 at 23:31 #

I really love her in this. This is the best she has looked in a very long time. I can totally get passed the shoes.

18. EmmaWoodhouse January 25, 2012 at 01:48 #

I don’t like this dress to start with and certainly not on her.

19. Jess2 January 25, 2012 at 07:19 #

Can’t stand her hair, it makes it look like she has a very weird shaped head. Other than that I find myself not bothered to much and I sort of like it from the neck down. The dress is so cute and I love the clutch

20. Katie January 25, 2012 at 16:27 #

The dress is very cute!

21. bianca January 28, 2012 at 22:13 #

For once, she looks great (form the neck down , of course)