Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Catherine Zeta Jones or Sarah Hyland

Back in October 2005, Catherine Zeta Jones hit the red carpet for the LA premiere of ‘The Legend of Zorro’ with co-star Antonio Banderas.

The Welsh beauty looked stunning wearing a Dolce & Gabbana champagne-coloured dress with a lace overlay and a contrasting black lace waistband with a red corsage.

Sarah Hyland would’ve been just 15 when CZJ wore this dress, so we can forgive her re-run of this classic dress at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards last week.

The 21-year-old actress opted to wear her strapless version of the dress without the red corsage, opting for complementary accessories and a wavy low-slung bun.

Catherine’s red corsage really bothers me upon seeing Sarah’s cleaner version, so Sarah wins for me.

Credit: INFPhoto & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace & Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

Best Dressed Of The Week – Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace & Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

Kate Bosworth In Antonio Berardi - 'Black Rock' Sundance Film Festival Premiere

Kate Bosworth In Antonio Berardi – ‘Black Rock’ Sundance Film Festival Premiere

9 Responses to Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Catherine Zeta Jones or Sarah Hyland

1. Jess2 January 23, 2012 at 10:17 #

As much as I don’t like Sarah Hyland, she looked really gorgeous at the Golden Globes and I much prefer the gown without the corsage so I vote for Sarah

2. Jones19 January 23, 2012 at 12:06 #

It also looks like Catherine is wearing straps while Sarah went sans straps. I much prefer Sarah’s cleaner look as well, that red corsage is overly fussy.

3. Vicky January 23, 2012 at 13:32 #

I understand why CZJ went with the straps, she needs more support than SH, unfortunately they become more of a distraction when seeing the dress without them.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 23, 2012 at 16:04 #

Leaner and cleaner on Sarah. The corsage is a major distraction.

5. Holly January 23, 2012 at 16:38 #

I’m guessing the corsage was for Remembrance day, the timing fits and its the first thing I thought of when I saw it

6. Dhppy January 23, 2012 at 17:55 #

I assume the rose corsage is related to the Zorro theme. Good in theory, not so much in execution.

7. Nat39 January 23, 2012 at 17:59 #

While I do prefer Sarah´s strapless version, lovely silhouette, and clean complementary styling, the gown suits sensuous mature sexy Catherine better. Sarah looks a bit like a kid trying on her sexy mom´s clothes.

8. Jani January 24, 2012 at 22:28 #

Sarah Hyland wins my vote! But both wore it uniquely and beautifully :)

-Jani

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 25, 2012 at 02:19 #

Sarah all the way! Effortlessly elegant. Her waist looks so tiny.