Charlize Theron was beaten to the post by Angelina Jolie who was eventually crowned BDOTW.

For a woman who likes black and simplicity, this Atelier Versace white gown with a red flash got most of you talking. I thought the love/hate divide was 50/50, but from this result it is clear most of you loved it.

I did love Charlize, but my eventual winner was Tilda Swinton in Haider Ackermann.

The look was classic Tilda, but taken up several notches. She managed to look very pretty in this baby-blue ensemble whilst having enough edge to stay true to her androgynous persona.

Credit: Getty

Rihanna's Antonio Berardi Feathered Silk Crepe Top

Rihanna’s Antonio Berardi Feathered Silk Crepe Top

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Catherine Zeta Jones or Sarah Hyland

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Catherine Zeta Jones or Sarah Hyland

18 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace & Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann

1. asherlev1 January 23, 2012 at 08:35 #

Lmao, I can tell you that I pretty firmly fell on the hate side of the love/hate divide for Angelina’s dress. XP I didn’t care much for Charlize’s dress either, but I LOVED Tilda’s look. My other favorites from the poll were Felicity and Kirsten

2. Amb January 23, 2012 at 09:26 #

I can’t believe it went to Angie and Tilda over Charlize. No doubt Charlize was the best dressed. Angie’s dress did nothing for me… yes, it isn’t black but it’s nothing “wow” worthy in my opinion.

3. Euge January 23, 2012 at 09:53 #

Well deserved, Angelina looked radiant in that dress (although I voted for E. Stone!)

4. Koma January 23, 2012 at 10:31 #

Tilda was also my absolute winner!

5. Alexandra January 23, 2012 at 12:00 #

Both ladies look amazing, i really love Angie here, but I’m still disappointed that Evan Rachel Wood didn’t make the poll, she’s a winner in my eyes. and i must confess i don’t really get Charlize’s look, i think the dress was quite unflattering and didn’t do it for me.

6. Jones19 January 23, 2012 at 12:07 #

Great choices.

7. EmmaWoodhouse January 23, 2012 at 12:43 #

Angie was one of my picks but Tilda was doing what she does best!

8. Lucía January 23, 2012 at 14:43 #

I didn’t really like Angelina’s look, and I’m not crazy about tilda’s style…so, no! I don’t agree this week. I wasn’t too excited about anything wonr in the Golden GLobes anyway, I was quite disappointed.

9. Nat39 January 23, 2012 at 15:50 #

Angelina all the way, mesmerizingly striking! Glad that you eventually went with Tilda (even though I`m not a fan of her style in general, she rocked this ensemble!) instead of Charlize whose look was lovely but did not strike me as a winning one esp. considering the competetion.

10. Ala January 23, 2012 at 15:53 #

Yikes… I don’t really agree with this weeks choices either. While I feel both looked good/okay (leaning more to the “okay” then the good)… It seemed like Angelina was wearing something from the 90′s, and she looked like she was dressed as an evil queen. In that sense I think she pulled off the look very well. In the modern day Golden Globes Awards show sense, I don’t think she pulled it off that well.

Also, tilda looks okay, but she’s had far superior looks to this one, which seemed pretty 80′s/90′s department store. The color isn’t quite doing it for me either as I feel it washes her out – hence her bold haider Ackerman looks looking sensational against her skin tone.

As always thank you for your dedication and skills FC and thank you for being the best blogger I know :)

• Fashion Critic January 23, 2012 at 16:15 #

You are very kind. Thank you

11. Nat39 January 23, 2012 at 15:55 #

Angelina all the way, mesmerizingly striking! Glad that you eventually went with Tilda (even though I`m not a fan of her style in general, she rocked that ensemble!) instead of Charlize whose look was lovely but did not strike me as a winning one esp. considering the competetion.

12. Ritika January 23, 2012 at 17:30 #

I usually can never get around to liking Tilda’s look, but this one sure had me floored!.. I didnt get the big deal about Angelina.. I’m surprised she won..And even Charlize. I thought it was a nice but DULL look. My favourites were Emma Stone (that belt!) and Evan Rachel Wood, whose gown was absolutely exceptional.

13. Giuseppi Giraffe January 23, 2012 at 17:46 #

I didn’t actually care Angelina’s dress- something seems absent, whereas Tilda is just rocking that blue HA (is it just me, or does her hair look like a toupee?).

14. Dhppy January 23, 2012 at 18:02 #

When I saw Tilda in that blue gown, I felt like she did a collective body slam of every other woman on that red carpet then finished it off with a King Kong sized chest thump. She ruled!

15. daisers January 25, 2012 at 05:55 #

I totally agree with your choice. Tilda looks smashing. The color, the dress, the pose, the hair. She’s relaxed, fierce, and fabulous.

• daisers January 25, 2012 at 05:57 #

Oh, and the accessories! Love the bracelets, perfect compliment.

16. marina January 28, 2012 at 22:55 #

My two favorites! And yes, that green dress of Evan is awesome too, did not like her hair, but it was geat. Charlize, a bit meh in my opinion, she has looked better.