Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway attended a gala dinner last week to celebrate Queen Margrethe II of Denmark’s 40 years on the throne at Christiansborg Palace Chapel in Copenhagen, Denmark.

She is regarded as one of the most stylish royals.

On this occasion she wore a custom Emilio Pucci short-sleeve gown which was inspired by the Spring 2012 two-piece look worn by Gwyneth Paltrow at the 2011 Emmy Awards.

Her embroidered white dress with royal official effects was styled with a bejewelled headband instead of an over-the-top tiara like the other royals who attended this event, proving that she is very much a modern royal.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

NB: Sorry that the comments aren’t working at the moment.

Mandy Moore's Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Leather Satchel And A.L.C Striped Cotton Jersey T-Shirt

Mandy Moore’s Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Leather Satchel And A.L.C Striped Cotton Jersey T-Shirt

Rachel McAdams In Collette Dinnigan - 'The Vow' Germany Photocall

Rachel McAdams In Collette Dinnigan – ‘The Vow’ Germany Photocall

14 Responses to Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway In Emilio Pucci – Gala Dinner For Queen Margrethe II of Denmark

1. noo January 20, 2012 at 16:39 #

love this look on mette-marit, pucci works great on her :D
    with regards to the head piece, it’s the diamond daisy tiara, it’s mette’s only tiara and she has worn it to all tiara functions starting her wedding, and it suits her take on sartorial fashion :D
    PS: it is widely believed that two years before mette’s wedding, cate blanchette wore the tiara in amovie before it was sold to the norweigan royal family:

• lauren January 28, 2012 at 01:23 #

i agree, she looks great! but then again, she *usually* does!
      but fyi, this 102-year-old tiara is actually not the only tiara she wears. she’s worn at least 2 others, one with pearls and one with amethysts.

2. Laetitia January 20, 2012 at 17:03 #

She looks great! ♥
    laetitiasweeneyrose.wordpress.com

3. Miguel January 20, 2012 at 17:19 #

Don’t like it… too bridal for me :/

4. Lola January 20, 2012 at 17:27 #

The regalia is certainly ruining the dress … But what’s a crownprincess to do. She supports her friend Peter Dundas wholeheartedly the dress has a beautiful quite big keyhole detail on the back.

5. Nat39 January 20, 2012 at 17:42 #

She looks flawless, my problem is that I thought I was looking at a woman of Meryl Streep´s age, somewhere in her 60s, and she is only in her late 30s(I had to google just to make sure). I think it´s her hair (mostly), silhouette, the bright lipstick on the very thin lips (never a good combo), and overall presence that age her this much.

6. Hannah January 20, 2012 at 19:01 #

I would never have guessed this was Pucci. While I am not the biggest fan of the dress, I love that she’s supporting her country’s designers.

7. molly January 20, 2012 at 21:53 #

I was hoping that you would feature this, FC!
    I really like the white version of this dress. Its shockingly elegant. And she is wearing a tiara, its just small and sits on the head similar to a headband. Between Mette-Marit, Crown Princess Mary, and Princess Victoria of Sweden, Im shocked that anyone pays any attention of a certain duchess.

8. Alina January 21, 2012 at 12:09 #

Beautiful.

9. lauren January 21, 2012 at 14:07 #

Actually she IS wearing a tiara…it’s called the Diamond Daisy Tiara and she received it as a wedding present and wore it on her wedding day. It’s her most used tiara.

10. Jess2 January 21, 2012 at 16:26 #

Definitely a fashion forward royal!! love this take on the two-piece and I especially like that she went with a jewled headband instead of a tiara. Also like that she matched her clutch to the sash worn by her husband (I assume that is who he is)

11. Birdi January 22, 2012 at 20:48 #

live reply

• Birdi January 22, 2012 at 20:48 #

reply 2

12. EmmaWoodhouse January 23, 2012 at 01:59 #

The hairstyle is aging but this is a stunning look–so much better than the runway/Gwyneth version! I love this dress!