19.01.12

Rose McGowan In Temperley London – 2012 Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

I was seated next to Rose McGowan at the 2012 Art of Elysium Heaven Gala on Saturday in LA.

She looked very pretty wearing a Temperley London Spring 2012 gown.

Her Grecian long draped white gown was accessorized with a Neil Lane gold cuff and green statement ring.

Her Judith Leiber really stood out, and with all those jewels it weighed a ton.

Glossy, bouncy curls, a pink lip shade and Gucci heels completed her look.

We talked about everything – men, love, life, work, Hollywood and house buying – but it was her harrowing story about her car crash which shocked me.

The crash was so bad it had split open the side of her face. The doctor unfortunately used the wrong instrument which left her with a horrible scar on her face. As a result of that scar she had corrective surgery to remove it and she swears this is the only surgery she has had done on her face.

She showed me a photo on her iPhone of her as a teenager as proof that she has always had juicy plump lips.

Credit: Getty

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior - Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

Kate Bosworth In Christian Dior – Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn - Late Show With David Letterman

Elizabeth Banks In Andrew Gn – Late Show With David Letterman

26 Responses to Rose McGowan In Temperley London – 2012 Art of Elysium Heaven Gala

1. Alina January 19, 2012 at 19:29 #

She looks stunning and she seems like a very nice person too.

2. Ade January 19, 2012 at 19:35 #

Aww, what a inspiring story, I love stories of starlets being humble. She looks breathtaking.

Oh and BTW FC the “new” comment section just told me this: “You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down.”

• Fashion Critic January 19, 2012 at 20:14 #

LOL…how dare she indeed.

I never knew it did that :D

• Marvel January 19, 2012 at 20:41 #

‘How dare she? She’s been here a few weeks and suddenly she thinks she’s running things lol.’

I burst out laughing.. LOL

• Fashion Critic January 19, 2012 at 20:54 #

:D LOL

• Tania January 20, 2012 at 00:38 #

She told me that also lol!

• marina January 20, 2012 at 05:16 #

It happened to me too, and then my comments did not appear (twice in two different award threads), the third time, my comment on another thread did show… :(

3. Sam January 19, 2012 at 19:37 #

She looks like she has jaundice and 2 blood stains on her skirt. What are those, tassles from the rope belt? It’s hard to make it out.

• Fashion Critic January 19, 2012 at 20:14 #

gold accents, not blood

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 19:39 #

Gorgeous look! Very simple and elegant.
    God bless her!

5. Badaboum January 19, 2012 at 19:52 #

I had no idea what a Judith Leiber was so I had to Google it. I really like the look but the unnecessary exaggerated pout ruins it for me.

6. Hannah January 19, 2012 at 20:32 #

She’s so beautiful, and I’m so glad you got ot sit next to her, especially since you love her red carpet style so. she seems like a lovely, down to earth & fun person. I lvoe the look, but what always gets it for me in the fact that she bends slightly forward. The clutch is a gorgeous unexpected addition.

7. Camille January 19, 2012 at 22:23 #

I love Rose’s sense of style. And her face is looking lovely these days. She seems to really know what works for her and stays true to herself stylewise. So cool you got to chat with her and thanks for sharing!

8. Vidhya January 19, 2012 at 22:45 #

Adore the look neck down.. and if her lips are natural, maybe she could try applying lipstick in a way to fill her lips out in a more natural line. It really does look strange.

9. Nat39 January 19, 2012 at 22:56 #

One can tell what´s natural when she is standing next to the one who has those juicy lips naturally (as seen on the photo below). She should take it easy with the facial injections.

10. mm January 20, 2012 at 00:02 #

Glad the pout isnt fake. But I hopes she smiles too because that pouting gets annoying.

I am gushing again over your makeup FC, outstanding.

• Fashion Critic January 20, 2012 at 00:19 #

Thank you.

It was done by a really sweet guy at MAC in Santa Monica.

He isn’t even professionally trained. He learnt makeup by trial and error. These comments have inspired me to learn more about makeup because it is getting such a positive response, yet I can barely put on mascara without messing it up.

• blue May 5, 2012 at 14:31 #

I assume you meant to say “learned”?

11. Tania January 20, 2012 at 00:37 #

You look gorgeous FC!

12. molly January 20, 2012 at 01:19 #

She looks great and her story is really sad. She has such a beautiful face. I like her dress but she should have worn it the way it was presented on the runway.
    You looked beautiful FC! Im sure we all would love to see a full length picture of what your wearing!

13. mattison January 20, 2012 at 06:16 #

I’ve been a huge Rose McGowan fan since The Doom Generation, Scream, and her fringed “dress” at the ’98 MTV VMAs. I heard about her accident awhile ago, but didn’t really realize how serious the damage was until I caught her on Law&Order SVU last year. I’m glad she’s looking more like herself and SO glad she’s as charming and engaging as I always hoped!

14. Emi January 20, 2012 at 08:26 #

This is the kind of dress I love so much, always classy, feminine and timeless. She looks great, and I didn’t know about what happened to her, I’ve always thought about “wild” plastic surgery, which is not uncommon in the show business. FC, you looked amazing, I love your make-up.

15. Isadora January 20, 2012 at 11:49 #

I do remember Rose having full lips, if anything they used to be thicker before the accident. The change I’ve perceived is that her mouth seems to be much wider. Maybe that’s a result of her corrective surgery.

In any case, she seems to be a warm, friendly person and I wish her the best.

16. Jess2 January 23, 2012 at 10:47 #

Both of you looked absolutely gorgeous!! I love everything about this look, I have quite the soft spot for grecian gowns, and Rose lol. I was so sad when I heard about the accident. She is still so beautiful but looking back before the accident e.g. when she was in Charmed she was just breathtaking

17. Carolina Roq January 23, 2012 at 12:46 #

but she still looks fake…