19.01.12 Premiere

Blake Lively In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Haywire’ New York Screening

Blake Lively attended a screening of ‘Haywire’ at Landmark Sunshine Cinema in New York City yesterday evening.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ stars have been quiet on the red carpet lately, so it’s good to see Blake out and about again.

She opted for a very conservative Dolce & Gabbana ensemble, both by her standards and the designer’s.

The look consists of a silver sequined top half and a knit bell-shaped mini skirt and a black waistband.

Ribbed tights and Matiko Stella ankle boots provided the finishing whilst beauty-wise she opted for a fresh face simple look.

I was pretty confident that this dress was supposed to be considerably longer, but Blake would be a fool to take scissors to knitted fabric.

Credit: Getty

Rachel McAdams In The Row - BBC Radio 1

Rachel McAdams In The Row – BBC Radio 1

Jessica Alba In Jenni Kayne - Honest.com Launch

Jessica Alba In Jenni Kayne – Honest.com Launch

13 Responses to Blake Lively In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Haywire’ New York Screening

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 21:07 #

This is WAY too short. Way, way, way too short. Even with the tights it’s just too trashy.
    That said, if the skirt had been longer I would have given this look a definite pass. The charcoal gray/silver/black color combo is a nice one for winter.

2. morgan January 19, 2012 at 21:10 #

I think I like the idea behind this look, but I saw other pictures where the colors where clearer and she is wearing a grey knit skirt, navy ribbed tights, and black velvet booties… Dark neutral colors and textures mixed like that looks strange and makes it clear she definitely does not have a stylist.

3. Nat39 January 19, 2012 at 21:15 #

The ribbed (??) tights are bugging me – regular black would´ve worked just fine or even leggings with the skirt this short. Missing some connecting element that would pull the look together – a black cuff/bracelet with a silver detail perhaps. The hair could´ve been a bit neater.

4. AW January 19, 2012 at 21:36 #

Blake please get a stylist, new pose and new hair style ASAP

• GiGi January 19, 2012 at 22:04 #

+1 Girl needs the pros.

• Imma January 21, 2012 at 10:17 #

Absolutely agree, please ask for help Blake!

5. Vidhya January 19, 2012 at 22:35 #

the pose and the hair just frustrate me.. so I will just talk about the dress. Sequin dresses trend was over by new year’s eve and it making her look very boxy too!

6. Hannah January 19, 2012 at 22:37 #

Apart from teh face, her makeup is great, I hate the look. The top is too tight hence why the sequins are spread apart across ehr chest, teh skirt has no excuse, ti is hideous, short & awkward, the tights are tragic, lycra are much preferred, and the shoes are terrible.Hopefully her NY Resolution is to get a stylist or some styling help, at least.

7. CreoleLady January 20, 2012 at 01:13 #

Blake can keep on being quiet from the looks of this. Still remember how great she looked in a fitted hot pink Kors knee length dress sometime ago. All gorgeous silhouette and legs (no boobage and not too tight). If she continues to style herself, perhaps more streamlined looks and less mixing of textures might work better.

8. Alina January 20, 2012 at 04:49 #

Just … nothing to write home about.

9. Emi January 20, 2012 at 08:44 #

The only thing I like is her make up, the outfit is quite a mess. First of all I don’t like the two fabrics of the dress, the fabric of the skirt makes me think of a granny skirt. Then, a bell skirt needs longer length, because it seems a bit shapeless on her. Plus, her breasts seem huge, maybe it’s the fabric or the bra she was wearing. Last, what was she thinking when she chose those blue tights for black shoes? At least she could choose simple dark grey tights. I don’t understand… I know she likes to be the stylist of herself, but at least, Blake, hire a consultant!

10. mattison January 20, 2012 at 16:45 #

I think she’s a beautiful girl, but in an outfit like this she looks a bit like a naughty secretary going out for happy hour on a Friday night. You just know she was wearing a black blazer at some point.

11. bianca January 24, 2012 at 22:31 #

the tights just don’t work with the top.grey ones would have been better.and non-striped