Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Tilda Swinton killed it on the red carpet at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday.

I was more wowed by her than anyone else.

Yes it’s Haider Ackermann once again, but this sharp tailored baby-blue suit isn’t as typical as yet another Sofia Vergara strapless mermaid dress for example.

It’s a collaboration that never gets tired.

I love the look, but the bouffant rocks.

She’s in my top three of the night, along with Jessica Alba and Charlize Theron.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Maria Menounos In Blumarine - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Maria Menounos In Blumarine – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Girls Going Gray—Is It A Good Look?

Girls Going Gray—Is It A Good Look?

27 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. michelle January 18, 2012 at 16:26 #

AGREED. I squealed when i saw her. * finger snaps all over*

2. noo January 18, 2012 at 16:29 #

my goodness, i will never get tired of tilda as long as she looks like this :D :D she looks magnificent in every sense. she was my absolute best dressed of the night! and i want her hair so badly :P

PS: can anybody else even attempt the one collar up, one collar down look without looking like an idiot?!

3. Darien January 18, 2012 at 16:30 #

I still gasp after the tenth time admiring this look, its so tilda, so forward, so fresh and soooo beautiful, i think this is def on my best dress of the year list, :) BRAVO!!

4. Darien January 18, 2012 at 16:30 #

5. chiara January 18, 2012 at 16:45 #

absolutely the best dressed,she was the only one wearing something innovative and never seen already,still classic and chic at the same time…

• Ava January 18, 2012 at 23:56 #

x1000000

6. fashion~lover January 18, 2012 at 17:00 #

Totally agree with you!! Tilda was one of the few best dressed actresses of the ceremony. Not everyone get her style. Even in some sites she was in the worst dressed list. I think, Tilda Swinton is a woman with a real fashion sense.

7. Elisa January 18, 2012 at 17:03 #

I LOVE IT!! x 1000. Tilda never lets me down <3

8. Regina January 18, 2012 at 17:03 #

Amazing. I also loved Evan Rachel Wood. I thought she was going to be one of your favourites.

9. anne January 18, 2012 at 17:06 #

I’m so happy it’s workiiing, i kept refreshing it for 2 days and it was killing me :).
    I loved this look from Tilda, the outfit, the hair, the attitude, everything is on spot. One of my favourites of the night, next to Evan Rachel Wood and Helen Mirren.
    Nice to have you back FC, missed you!

• Fashion Critic January 18, 2012 at 17:24 #

Thank you. It has been hell.

Still working to get the server fixed…it’s an ongoing issue unfortunately.

10. LizLemooooon January 18, 2012 at 17:09 #

Best dressed of the night in my opinion. She was STUNNING, the colour perfectly complimented her skin and the fit was spectacular. It’s a feminine look but with edge. Love it.

11. Jess2 January 18, 2012 at 17:12 #

Nailed It!! She is so awesome. haha love the Sophia Vegara comment – spot on

12. Solarah January 18, 2012 at 17:20 #

For me this is 2nd best look after Charlize’s! No one wears Haider Ackermann better than Tilda!

13. Lucinda January 18, 2012 at 17:22 #

This is gorgeous. The colour is unexpected from Tilda, and the fit & cut is perfection.
    Also love it when red carpet looks beat the runway, this does hands down.

14. J January 18, 2012 at 17:23 #

(thud)
    That was me, dropping dead.
    Fabulous. Fierce. Flawless.

15. Alina January 18, 2012 at 17:28 #

Outstanding!

16. Hannah January 18, 2012 at 17:28 #

I almost died when I saw this. She is perfection, honestly the best I remember ever having seen her look. The colour & train remind me of that incredible Cate Blanchett JPG gown a few years ago. The shoes, the lipstick & teh jewels were all so perfect too. I also adore that she maintained her pose & elegance & grace all night, I have yet to see a bad photo of her.

17. gabis January 18, 2012 at 18:21 #

Fantastic outfit, but I’m afraid I like the black runway version better. And the hair seems just a tad exaggerated.

18. Vidhya January 18, 2012 at 18:25 #

Adored this look.. so much better than the runway version.. She is rockin it! I didnt like the wrist bands/bracelets/cuff thingie tho! Perfection otherwise!

19. Kathryn January 18, 2012 at 18:30 #

She totally knocked Evan Rachel Wood out of second place on my list of best dressed of the night. I am loving this look especially the hair.

20. Kyriaki-Cyprus January 18, 2012 at 22:18 #

My best dressed of the night! Impressive!

21. Emma January 18, 2012 at 22:37 #

I think this is the absolute best she’s ever looked. I’m not generally crazy about Tilda’s style, but I love this.

22. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2012 at 22:43 #

I love this colour on her. The hair was a pleasant surprise too.

23. Dhppy January 19, 2012 at 02:07 #

Total gasp moment. By far my favorite of the evening.

24. Lynnette Lai January 19, 2012 at 12:07 #

Been loving Tilda’s red carpet look for sometime now but this look was just SUPERB!! the hair, the make up, the colour, the structure and the pose! It’s perfection!

25. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 20:25 #

Not usually a fan of her style but she is really working this! The color is good and the ensemble is chic–almost origami-like!
    Her hair is crazy, though.