Shailene Woodley In Marchesa – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Shailene Woodley was a vision on the red carpet for the 2012 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday.

The young actress wore a lilac Marchesa embroidered illusion column dress with a draped detail on the hips from the Spring 2012 collection after a weekend of busy prints.

Wisely, she didn’t opt for any over-the-top accessories and instead allowed her dress to stand out.

As usual she opted for light barely-there makeup and a simple chic bun.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cristiano Ronaldo In Dsquared² - FIFA Ballon d'Or

Cristiano Ronaldo In Dsquared² – FIFA Ballon d’Or

Jessica Alba In Gucci Premiere - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Jessica Alba In Gucci Premiere – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

14 Responses to Shailene Woodley In Marchesa – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. noo January 18, 2012 at 16:05 #

this is fantastic :D i love how the dress is executed, it is really hard to notice the sheer panel on top :D

PS: this new marchesa collection is much better than initially expected, i don’t think many people liked it on the runway but it seems perfect for the red carpet :D :D

2. Jess2 January 18, 2012 at 16:13 #

Shailene had to be one of my favourties, she looked absolutely amazing!! I kind of liked this dress on the runway but it looks so much better on Shailene. I agree about the styling.

3. Chloe January 18, 2012 at 16:17 #

This was my favorite of the night, right after Salma Hayek

4. Nat39 January 18, 2012 at 16:41 #

This is fresh and lovely but the gown sits a bit too low on her bust. You can tell by the way she is standing, pushing her torso down to avoid a wardrobe malfuncion, feeling uncomfortable.

5. Nat39 January 18, 2012 at 16:44 #

This is fresh and lovely but the gown sits a bit too low on her bust. You can tell by the way she is standing, lowering herself down to avoid a wardrobe malfunction, feeling uncomfortable with it.

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 18, 2012 at 17:02 #

Loved this. She was on my A list. So nice to be 20 and have handled this with grace and restraint.

7. Hannah January 18, 2012 at 17:20 #

I was actually very, very disappointed by this. Had I heard that she would eb weairng this gown I would have been so excited, btu it just does’t work. The gym hair, which is greasy & messy, and the bland makeup do not cut it, no matter how gorgeous she is. I also wish that she had had some sparkle via some delicate jewelery, and that the dress had been pulled up about an inch (I know it is an illusion dress, but you get the idea). I just think that for a girl who is so stunning and tall & slender and such a beautiful dress, this is a bland outcome.

8. Dhppy January 19, 2012 at 02:13 #

This was my second favorite of the night (behind Tilda and just ahead of Charlize). I’m also impressed with often the model Jac appears in the runway version (often when it’s Elie Saab). She can sell a gown.

9. Parvati January 19, 2012 at 03:32 #

I agree with Hannah. I don’t think I would call her hairdo “gym hair” but I definitely think it ages her. Plus, I ‘m starting to dislike her minimalism as far as jewellery is concerned – it’s good not to over-accessorize, but a total absence of jewellery isn’t a good choice, either. Finally, I agree that, despite the illusion panel, the dress sits a bit too low on her.

P.S. I think it’s amazing that you have to look at a close-up photo to tell that there is an illusion panel! It is a bit visible in the runway photo, but on Shailene’s dress, it’s really hard to spot it!

10. june January 19, 2012 at 05:38 #

this was kind of a dish water coloured gown which was just… there. she really needed at least some earrings of some description to add omph. i actually wish she wore that gorgeous calvin klein gown to the globes instead. that was minimalist, sleek, interesting and gorgeous on her

11. Shaina January 20, 2012 at 13:11 #

She looks beautiful here!