18.01.12

Reese Witherspoon In Zac Posen – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

It’s not often that sexy Reese Witherspoon comes out to play, but it was hard not to notice her on the red carpet at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards this evening.

With her ‘just got out of bed’ tousled hair she wore a scarlet dress by her go-to designer Zac Posen.

Her Pre-Fall 2012 bustier gown was teamed with diamond bracelets.

This may be a very familiar silhouette for Reese, but the styling and her sassy attitude takes this up several notches.

Credit: Getty

Meryl Streep In Alessandra Rich - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Meryl Streep In Alessandra Rich – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Williams In Jason Wu - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Williams In Jason Wu – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

16 Responses to Reese Witherspoon In Zac Posen – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. Emi January 18, 2012 at 14:43 #

She looked great, I love that tone of red and the make up was flawless. FC, who was you favorite at the Golden Globes? I really loved Angelina Jolie, from head to toe, and Emma Stone, but I think there were many beautiful gowns. I don’t know if you’ve already said your opinion, but since the site had some problems I couldn’t read all the posts. Welcome back!

2. Jones19 January 18, 2012 at 14:49 #

I love it when she does sexy because she always does it in a way that’s cute and sexy.

3. Naomi January 18, 2012 at 14:54 #

I think the dress looks really bad – both on Witherspoon and just the design itself.
    It hangs weirdly on her chest, the bottom is way too heavy.
    On close up the tailoring looks right down sloppy and amateurish. Really weird choice.

4. SandraTony January 18, 2012 at 15:02 #

I would have loved to see this dress on someone else, just not rally sure on Reese :/

5. Kathy January 18, 2012 at 16:09 #

doesn’t this dress make her look a bit larger than she is??

• Rebecca Z January 18, 2012 at 17:55 #

I agree–somehow it makes her look a little hippy–gorgeous color, but not the very best she has ever looked.

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 18, 2012 at 16:23 #

I thought it was bit Jessica Rabbit looking. I didnt like the fit at the bust and I thought her version of touseled was unkempt and dry looking.

• Tania January 18, 2012 at 16:57 #

I thought of Jessica Rabbit also but think she looks hott!

7. fromchi-town January 18, 2012 at 17:02 #

I am not really on board with this look. She looks good, but I don’t like the fit of the dress. The good thing though was that she was glowing and looked very confident.

8. argentina January 18, 2012 at 17:50 #

I have to say I’m not liking this look at all much preferred Dianna Agron in Red, her dress was absolutely gorgeous but she didn’t appear in the blog. Such a pity. Kisses

9. Emmy January 18, 2012 at 18:02 #

I don’t really like this look. The shape of the dress is just odd looking to me. It looks strange around the hips and the bust doesn’t fit very well. The color is beautiful and I want to like it, but with the messy hair and the strange fit, I just can’t.

10. Rora January 18, 2012 at 20:29 #

I really don’t understand the love for this? The dress isn’t really flattering on her silloutte near the bottom and the overall look is a bit messy, I think.

It looked better on TV than it did on the red carpet, though. But still, far from Best Dressed.

11. Rora January 18, 2012 at 20:32 #

I really don’t understand the love for this, at all? It’s pretty vanilla on Reese and not really at all flattering on her silhouette near the bottom. And I hate the hair. The overall look is just kind of messy.

It looked better on TV than it did on the carpet, though. But still, far from Best Dressed.

12. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2012 at 23:26 #

Any sassy flair is negated by the lame hair. The dress is boring too.

13. Parvati January 19, 2012 at 02:18 #

Personally, I am thankful she didn’t wear another cocktail dress. It’s so good to see her wear a gown, for a change! However, I don’t like her hair so much – this rather dishevelled look doesn’t really go well with the rest of the outfit and despite the bracelet and the ring, the whole look feels really plain.

14. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 21:06 #

I love Reese, but this is just another strapless mermaid dress…and an ill-fitting, unflattering one at that! I was so disappointed!
    Also, her hair just looks bedraggled.