Nicole Kidman In Versace – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Nicole Kidman presented the award for ‘Best Original Screenplay’ at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday

The Australian actress wore a sexy Versace Spring 2012 studded gown.

Her body-hugging silver gown featured a gold-embellished thin halter top and intricate shirred detailing.

This classic Versace look was a surprising choice for Nicole, as we’re not used to seeing her in something so revealing.

It’s great she’s willing to try something new, but Nicole is too vanilla for me to consider her as a Versace girl.

Nude lips and blown-out hair finish the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Mila Kunis In Christian Dior - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Mila Kunis In Christian Dior – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Julianna Margulies In Naeem Khan - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Julianna Margulies In Naeem Khan – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

36 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Versace – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. Nat39 January 18, 2012 at 15:29 #

This was perhaps my 2nd fav. of the night after Angie. Nicole looks like a porcelain statuette in this incredibly form-fitting gown, gorgeous silhouette. The gown,all the gold detailing on it, works perfectly for her figure, haircolour and complexion producing an overall rather mesmerizing effect.

• Mary Gatto January 19, 2012 at 11:15 #

+1! I HATE you, Nicole! LOL

2. Raquel January 18, 2012 at 15:30 #

I love it! I haven´t seen her so beautiful for a while.

• Manja January 19, 2012 at 14:30 #

3. Catherine January 18, 2012 at 15:33 #

The dress gives her an incredible silhouette!
    I think she looks fantastic.

• CreoleLady January 19, 2012 at 01:03 #

+1.

4. Henrique January 18, 2012 at 15:59 #

My favourite of the night. I never saw her as a versace girl but she looks absolutely fabulous

• eng-narak January 19, 2012 at 05:07 #

me too, she really beautiful

• eng-narak January 19, 2012 at 05:08 #

She really amazing!

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 18, 2012 at 16:11 #

Agree FC. This left me cold on Nicole. Prettier on the runway.

6. Camille January 18, 2012 at 16:19 #

Versace girl or not, I thought she looked amazing. And it’s about time! Was so nice to see her looking so beautiful and in such a gorgeous gown. One of my favorites of the evening!

• Parvati January 19, 2012 at 02:41 #

I agree with everything you said!

7. SandTony January 18, 2012 at 16:33 #

I just wished she would stop with the botox, she looks great from the neck down, but her face is way to artificial now

8. SandTony January 18, 2012 at 16:34 #

I just wished she would stop with the botox, she looks great from the neck down, but her face is way too artificial now

9. gabis January 18, 2012 at 16:34 #

LOVE the dress on the runway model. It’s really really outstanding, no wonder Nicole picked it up. However, unfortunately, it doesn’t really work for her. It almost made her look like an egipcian barbie doll.
    One point though for her wonderful taste and plus one for getting a little bit out of her comfort zone.

10. Slash January 18, 2012 at 16:46 #

There I was surprised and thankful she didn’t wear L’Wren Scott or Nina Ricci. :) It’s cute, I like it, though I think she should’ve taken something colorful. White on her always have that blah side.

11. Luisa January 18, 2012 at 17:02 #

I was so impressed when I saw her. She looked so beautiful! I was totally not expecting it from her.

12. anne January 18, 2012 at 17:13 #

I really liked it, she looked sensational on tv and in the pics. I think she had the right attitude to pull it off. I wouldn’t mind seeing more looks like this from her.

13. Hannah January 18, 2012 at 17:13 #

I agree, I tried to be excited that she wasn’t dressed likea stepford wife for once (excluding the JPG gown last year) but she went too far. The frozen face didn’t help. The whole look is a little too glamorous, in a sense, for me to like it on Nicole. She used to wow me in more classic, chic, fashion forward pieces, like the variosu chanel gowns and that oen balenciaga.

14. Isa January 18, 2012 at 18:01 #

she’s totally working that versace

15. Tiger Nueng January 18, 2012 at 19:01 #

For me,This look is Best of the best dressed in Golden Globe Awards 2012

• Fiona January 19, 2012 at 00:36 #

Agree 100%, definitely in my top 5. She normally emphasises her straight up and down figure but this dress was amazing on her and she looked like a goddess. Her stature was beautiful and the dress fit like a glove from top to bottom, not too low at the bust and not too long at the hem – perfect. I was just grateful she wasn’t wearing a L’Wren Scott again, I’m so over that look.

16. Alina January 18, 2012 at 19:19 #

At first I didn’t like it, but now I think she looks beautiful.

17. What Is The New Black January 18, 2012 at 21:26 #

I was disappointed by Kidman.. This is one of my least favorite dresses from the Golden Globes..

18. susan January 18, 2012 at 22:34 #

wow i usually do not like nicole kidman’s red carpet looks at all, ever, but i love! this! it gives her an amazing silhouette, the embellishments match her hair and she looks radiant.

19. sydneycheekychic January 18, 2012 at 23:13 #

I think she looks gorgeous! good on her for taking a risk

20. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2012 at 23:15 #

Nicole K of 10 years ago(with the flame red hair) could have pulled this off wonderfully. Though I did like how the dress gave her bit of shape and definition in the middle which isn’t always the case.

21. Dhppy January 19, 2012 at 02:33 #

I don’t normally go for such busy dresses but when she came out on stage, I thought she looked stunning. Very bold.

22. Abby Israel January 19, 2012 at 04:49 #

Best dressed for me! I could not believe Nicole wore something so sexy on the red carpet.

23. june January 19, 2012 at 05:44 #

she was so, so gorgeous in this. i was however, really surprised that this was versace (it doesn’t really look it on nicole. it looks like an entirely different designer on her)

24. Laura Brice January 19, 2012 at 07:25 #

Amazing, my favourite of the night. I love how her hair matches the studding and the clutch, gorgeous

25. shruti January 19, 2012 at 08:31 #

She looked stunning. Very statuesque. It’s a pity she wasn’t in the best dressed poll.

26. Joy Taylor January 19, 2012 at 13:08 #

Aww us vanilla girls can be sexy too. :) I too was floored/surprised by Nicole’s choice. I thought she looked so beautiful in this gown. I love that she was doing something different, and rocking a hard to wear style BTW. I know this Versace style isn’t exactly something new but on her and with this color combo,it was stunning.

27. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 20:56 #

I didn’t like this at all! There was too much going on with the studs, so I didn’t really like it on the runway, and it doesn’t work AT ALL on Nicole! The way it fits around the bust is particularly odd and unflattering. One of the worst-dressed for me…

28. Parvati January 23, 2012 at 15:54 #

eh. I loved the Versace 2012 collection on the runway, but it seems these celebrities aren’t doing it justice. Nicole is a bit too pale to pull this off, so she drains it of its youthfulness and sex appeal.

29. Jani January 24, 2012 at 20:32 #

One of my favorite looks on the runway this year.

-Jani