18.01.12

Michelle Williams In Jason Wu – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Michelle Williams surprisingly didn’t opt for her favourite colours, nude and white, on the red carpet for the 2012 Golden Globe Awards.

Jason Wu’s custom midnight-blue devore velvet gown was minimally styled with a Fred Leighton for Forevermark diamond garland headband and Fred Leighton for Forevermark diamond stud earrings.

I love the relaxed, girlie vibe of this effortless look.

Many of you had very high expectations for Michelle.

Did she live up to them in your eyes?

A Judith Leiber clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale's 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Get The Look: Kate Beckinsale’s 2014 Golden Globes Punk-Inspired Hair Do

Jessica Biel In Elie Saab Couture - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Jessica Biel In Elie Saab Couture – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

14 Responses to Michelle Williams In Jason Wu – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. Kennedy January 18, 2012 at 14:49 #

Gorgeous. Not loving the headband though.

• EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 21:03 #

I know, the headband is awful! The dress is great though–and I love the color on her. :)

2. SandraTony January 18, 2012 at 14:59 #

I think Michelle looks sooo beautiful!
    I would totally wear the dress, she looks chic, cute and classy all at the same time

3. Nat39 January 18, 2012 at 15:14 #

This is very disappointing – very non-sexy matronly – the girlie headband is silly and doesn`t save this look from being frumpy. She goes from a non-sexy girlie straight to a non-sexy granny – frustration. I can`t believe she was accepting her award looking this dumpy, feels almost like an insult to her MM character.

4. Kitty January 18, 2012 at 15:28 #

She is so young and pretty that I wish she had gone for something a bit more fun….

5. noo January 18, 2012 at 15:31 #

i loved this on michelle :D it was a classic silhouette that i have come to expect from her, and the color is new and exciting :D but the real thing that settled it for me was her smile, she was very sultry last year and that made her annoying, so i like that she is changing up that vibe style-wise and mood-wise.

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 18, 2012 at 16:21 #

I loved seeing Michelle in color for a change, but I thought this Jason Wu was a bit matronly and I was not a fan of the headband.

7. jen January 18, 2012 at 18:14 #

the headbands tuins it for me, makes it too casual. it doesnt work at all, & its so useless, she totally didnt need it.

8. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2012 at 23:57 #

I hate the headband looks mumsy rather than cute. I glad it’s not black/white/nude but I’m not wowed. I would have much preferred it if the sleeves had been full length for more of a statement.

9. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2012 at 23:58 #

I liked the Chanel at Critic’s Choice.

10. Parvati January 19, 2012 at 02:21 #

Just when I had started to like her outfits and think that she would finally go for a bit sexier and more flattering looks, she goes back to this style, which I really don’t like. I don’t care if she wore a different colour here, because the whole style of the dress and that hairband don’t save it from being boring to me.

11. Lou January 20, 2012 at 12:34 #

No – I find this look very ageing on Michelle

12. Lou January 20, 2012 at 12:36 #

No, I do not like it at all – I find this look very ageing on Michelle

13. stayce January 23, 2012 at 17:25 #

Nothing about this look works for me. It looks like a schmata (rag) on her, especially with the hairband. It makes her look a bit thick and old. The color is lovely, but the dress doesn’t photograph well at all.