Madonna and Andrea Riseborough arrived on the red carpet together for the 2012 Golden Globe Awards, which were held on Sunday night in LA.

Madonna wore a Reem Acra Pre-Fall 2012 gown.

I was quite surprised by Madonna in this silver sequined gown with a dark green embroidered skirt it’s a bold, show-stopping choice, whereas she usually tends to wear a lot of black.

Madonna accessorized with a cross pendant necklace and a diamond bracelet.

She also wore black leather gloves in an attempt to prove that she’s still ‘cool’.

Wavy, voluminous curls completed her look.

Andrea also went for a bold gown by wearing a Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Spring 2012 beige corseted lace dress.

I love the bold lip colour against her milky complexion and flame red hair. It’s a beautiful contrast.

Gianvito Rossi black satin corset pumps and a silver pendant necklace completed the look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

14 Comments
Julianna Margulies In Naeem Khan - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Julianna Margulies In Naeem Khan – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Lauren Dern In Andrew Gn - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Lauren Dern In Andrew Gn – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

14 Responses to Madonna In Reem Acra & Andrea Riseborough In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. Nat39 January 18, 2012 at 15:51 #

Madonna is a mess. The skirt is awkward and bulky, the cross pendant and the leather gloves are inexplicable. She should`ve given those gloves to Emma Stone, they would`ve completed Emma`s `double personality` look perfectly.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 18, 2012 at 16:04 #

I thought Madonna looked great. She did the touseled hair thing well. I didnt care for Andrea’s Vivien Westwood. It looked unsurprisingly costumey to me.

3. Camille January 18, 2012 at 16:25 #

I thought Madonna looked gorgeous. Nice to see that with the exception of that silly black glove, she didn’t feel the need to be freakish to impress. The gown is beautiful. My only nitpick is the fit across the bust was uber tight as you can see in profile shots. Her girls were being crushed.

4. R5Bales January 18, 2012 at 16:50 #

Madonna’s dress looked to small. The bodice cut her so tight you could see where it cut the girls in half and the top part of her boobies bulged over the top, like a too small bra.

Wonderful dress, but not Madonna’s styling.

5. fromchi-town January 18, 2012 at 16:58 #

I didn’t really dig Madonna’s look. It was way too tight in the bust. I thought she was going to pop if she sat down. Also, I don’t really like the bottom part of this gown.

6. Emi January 18, 2012 at 17:24 #

I usually like Andrea’s outfits, but this is quite ugly. The dress is not beautiful at all, the skirt looks like a curtain and I think that make up and hairstyle, even if they’re beautiful, aged her, she looks 40-45. Madonna… what can I say? I like her from head to neck. The cross necklace is precious for sure, but tacky on her, the dress is beautiful but not for her and that mitten is totally ridiculous, only Karl Lagerfeld can wear those gloves. Of course she wants to look cool and rock, for me she’s just ridiculous, she should leave this kind of things for the stage.

7. Rebecca Z January 18, 2012 at 17:58 #

Loved Madonna’s gown, hair and makeup–the gloves not so much and the necklace was a distraction.

8. Alina January 18, 2012 at 19:13 #

Ugly. Both of them.

9. Scott January 18, 2012 at 20:31 #

I have a feeling Madonna keeps wearing these half gloves because they’re the only thing she can’t surgically alter.

• Fashion Critic January 18, 2012 at 20:37 #

great point

• Fiona January 19, 2012 at 00:28 #

I heard the same thing yesterday that she is covering up her hands – if only she would wear longer sleeves. The cut of the dress was all wrong, and the sleeves looked wrong against her arms. I did not like this look at all. I did like Andrea Riseborough’s gown.

• fashion lovin mom May 2, 2012 at 10:22 #

Now I get the Karl Lagerfeld look. Finally.. duh! Did you ever hear the interview where he says he wouldn’t ever want to have kids bc they grow old so quickly and then it dates you? I was a bit shocked — such self-centered vanity.

10. Jimmy January 19, 2012 at 00:49 #

I thought both ladies looked quite beautiful. While neither had my favorite look of the night I did appreciate that they stepped outside the box on this evening.
    Just a sidenote,in other pictures I have seen of Madonna from that night she had a rather large cut on her right arm I wonder if she has some sort of cut on her right hand as well hence the glove. Probably not but just a thought.

11. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 20:50 #

Madonna is characteristically awful–Andrea’s is interesting but it looks too costumey. Very Renaissance fair.