Lauren Dern In Andrew Gn – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Laura Dern took home the prize for ‘Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series –Musical or Comedy’ for ‘Enlightened’ at the 2012 Golden Globes Awards on Sunday evening.

The actress may have been inspired by the green goddess trend of last year, as she was radiant on the red carpet wearing an emerald-green Andrew Gn Resort 2012 gown.

Her beaded long-sleeve belted gown with a plunging neckline was teamed with a black Judith Leiber clutch.

For me, this look would’ve been perfected if she’d opted for a smoothed-out updo.

Her hair feels a tad too casual for this standout gown.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Madonna In Reem Acra & Andrea Riseborough In Vivienne Westwood - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Madonna In Reem Acra & Andrea Riseborough In Vivienne Westwood – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Kate Beckinsale In Roberto Cavalli - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Kate Beckinsale In Roberto Cavalli – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

8 Responses to Lauren Dern In Andrew Gn – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. noo January 18, 2012 at 15:43 #

i love this dress on laura but i agree about the hair. i feel like she’s straight out of an 80s disco, and the camilla parker hair is adding to that. so maybe a better hair do would have made the look feel more modern.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 18, 2012 at 16:02 #

I wanted to like this, I really did. I dont think the deep V is a good look for the long necked Laura. It felt a little Mrs. Green Giant to me.

3. Lucinda January 18, 2012 at 17:27 #

I want to love it but the neck is holding me back. I wish that there was not an edging to neckline i feel this is all the eye is drawn to. Would have loived this is the belt was only other tonal colour.

4. gabis January 18, 2012 at 17:50 #

This is one of my top 3 favorites. I am completely in love with that sparkling green dress. I love how she kept it simple on the accessories department as well. I do agree with you about the hair though.

5. Alina January 18, 2012 at 19:08 #

Classy.

6. Dhppy January 19, 2012 at 02:28 #

Terribly boring. It’s like what one of the Fantastic Four would wear to a red carpet event in between catastrophes.

7. Parvati January 19, 2012 at 02:49 #

The dress is beautiful, but the hair ruins it for me.

8. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 20:49 #

Angelina Jolie did this last year and did it better. This look isn’t that great and the low v-neck doesn’t work for her.