Sarah Michelle Gellar In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Sarah Michelle Gellar returned to the red carpet at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards this evening.

The TV star wore a show-stopping Monique Lhuillier Spring 2012 gown.

Between the blue watercolour print and voluminous layers, this gown had everyone on the red carpet taking notice.

She styled her look with a high pony and smoky eye makeup.

The actress noted that her 2 year old daughter chose her dress – what great taste for one so young.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicole Richie In Julien MAcDonald - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Nicole Richie In Julien MAcDonald – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Sofia Vergara In Vera Wang - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Sofia Vergara In Vera Wang – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

24 Responses to Sarah Michelle Gellar In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 16, 2012 at 00:44 #

Bring on the drama!This is AMAZING! Lol that her daughter chose it–smart little girl! :)

2. Kevin January 16, 2012 at 00:45 #

Now this is GREAT ! She looks amazing.

3. AW January 16, 2012 at 00:45 #

I hate it. I’m sorry, she’s too beautiful for this…it looks like her daughter made it.

4. Nat39 January 16, 2012 at 00:45 #

Oh, NO, not the high pony(really??). This spectacular gown deserves a gorgeous updo. Too bad, this look could´ve been absolutely spectacular.

5. june January 16, 2012 at 00:46 #

i actually don’t like the high pony tail with this look — i would’ve vastly preferred a chignon or even soft loose curls, but that dress is achingly pretty. i loved it in pink on thadie newton and i love it in blue on sarah

6. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2012 at 00:49 #

It’s a stunning dress and I really like that such strong, modern print was worn on at major US awards show but I don’t think she totally pulls it off.

7. Jones19 January 16, 2012 at 00:52 #

Stunning gown but SMG is too short to pull off this big skirt.

8. gurlygurl January 16, 2012 at 01:07 #

I want to love this but it just doesn’t work for me and I can’t put my finger on exactly what’s wrong. Maybe Sarah just doesn’t have enough presence…the dress is dominating her.

• Lucia January 16, 2012 at 01:21 #

Completely agree.
      SMG is far too girl-next-door for such as statement dress.
      I would love to see this dress on someone with a darker complexion such as Kristen Stewart or Zoe Saldana.
      also, that high pony is definitely too casual!

• Elle January 17, 2012 at 01:14 #

Kristen Stewart has a dark complexion? She’s paler than SMG.

• smolls January 16, 2012 at 01:31 #

I totally agree – I feel like this dress is too overwhelming for her tiny frame. Plus I just don’t think she’s the right person to pull this off…such a shame. And the pony tail really isn’t working for me with such an amazing gown…an updo would’ve been preferred.

• Parvati January 18, 2012 at 14:15 #

I agree with all of you. It’s a pretty dress but she doesn’t really pull this off for me, either.

• msd January 18, 2012 at 10:48 #

+1 I appreciate that she tried something different and it’s certainly a distinctive dress but… it just isn’t very HER. It’s like Salma Hayek in McQueen; separately they’re great, but together they just don’t work.

9. dedree January 16, 2012 at 01:15 #

Different color copy of Catherine Zeta-Jones’s Monique Lhuillier in 2011?

10. andrea January 16, 2012 at 01:46 #

i like it a lot

11. Angela January 16, 2012 at 02:01 #

I gasped when I saw this breathtaking gown glide down the runway, I craved seeing it on the red carpet! My goodness, this, Viola Davis, and Zooey are headin for the top!

12. mattison January 16, 2012 at 21:58 #

I have always loved SMG, and this is definitely my BDOTW.

13. Colleen January 17, 2012 at 14:36 #

From the moment I saw her on the red carpet, I was in love. I ADORE this dress and can’t stop talking about it. This just might be my favorite gown of the night.

14. gabis January 17, 2012 at 14:45 #

When I first saw this look I instantly thought it could easily be the worst of the night. But looking closely, it’s really not all that bad. The shape and cutting of the dress are beautiful and even though I think SMG is too petit for that type of dress (you can see how it looks a lot leaner on the model), the biggest problem is that tasteless tie-dye. I think this dress would be really lovely in an actual full color. It almost even reminds of a dress Angelina Jolie wore once.
    I am not a big fan of the hair and makeup either, but since it looks like it was all done based on the dress, perhaps if the dress had a different color, the styling would be better too.

15. Ritika January 17, 2012 at 16:46 #

I don’t think she can pull this off. And the hair is too high school.

16. Alina January 17, 2012 at 16:51 #

I just don’t like it.

17. colbie January 18, 2012 at 01:46 #

This dress is editorial, certainly not right for the red carpet. In my opinion. I would have liked to see something a little simpler on her.

18. danielle casey January 18, 2012 at 16:51 #

oooooohhhhhh my gosh my school ball is coming up and I would love to wear this dress!!!!!!!!!!!!1

19. Rosalie January 19, 2012 at 05:03 #

She needed a bit more attitude to pull this off
    Its not bad looking so i wonder why she appeared in so many worst dressed lists