16.01.12

Freida Pinto In Prada – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Freida Pinto was one of the presenters tonight at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards.

The India beauty wore a custom Prada dress with a Chopard yellow diamond bib necklace.

Her peacock blue bustier silk cloqué strapless dress with a satin belt is very blah to me.

The right accessories could’ve made this a great look.

She can do so much better.

Credit: Getty

Viola Davis In Emilio Pucci - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Viola Davis In Emilio Pucci – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Paula Patton In Monique Lhuillier - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Paula Patton In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

17 Responses to Freida Pinto In Prada – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. noo January 16, 2012 at 01:14 #

i actually like this quite a lot :D the dress color is great on her, her hair is nice, and the dress has a nice train which keeps it from being boring imo.

2. EmmaWoodhouse January 16, 2012 at 01:21 #

Her hair, makeup, and the necklace are all gorgeous, as is the rich texture and beautiful color of this gown. My problem is with the fit–the black belt (which, imo, should have been gold) hits at an awkward spot on her waist and ruins the silhouette of the dress. It’s really sad–this could have been a really show-stopping look!

3. Jones19 January 16, 2012 at 01:23 #

Super blah, I`m so bored.

4. Raquel January 16, 2012 at 01:24 #

I actually like the hair and the makeup and even the necklace, but the dress looks to big on her, and it is kind of blah.

5. Marybeth January 16, 2012 at 01:26 #

Eh. Doesn’t work for me.
    I’d like to see that showpiece necklace set off on a darker background. I don’t think it goes well with the dress anyway.
    (Freida is so beautiful that she can turn heads no matter what though!)

6. Mahima January 16, 2012 at 01:28 #

A gold belt would have looked better.
    The necklace sparkled on TV though.

• TeaAtTwo January 19, 2012 at 00:31 #

The necklace is pretty.

7. Amber January 16, 2012 at 01:31 #

worst-dressed.

8. Incroyable January 16, 2012 at 01:38 #

This is just bad, poor girl

9. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2012 at 01:41 #

A great up-do would have been a lot better with this dress. I like the ‘minimalist princess’ shape though as it feels overdone that shapes like mermaid.

10. Shaina January 16, 2012 at 02:33 #

I personally really love this look. The dress has unique texture that I think is so beautiful and the color is amazing. I really love her accessories and the hair and makeup is perfect. Head to toe I love this look.

11. Sea January 16, 2012 at 03:11 #

I own a sheer gray Prada coat made with the same fabric. And I don’t know what they were thinking trying to use this type of fabric for a gown… From the black belt down it is so ill-fitting. And the hair looks awful.

12. ria January 17, 2012 at 07:58 #

Another Prada disaster! I don’t why Ms Prada loves to make beautiful young women like Freida look so frumpy and matronly…

• gabis January 18, 2012 at 00:47 #

I wouldn’t blame it on Prada… these beautiful young women have plenty of gorgeous options, it’s sad that they or their stylists pick the worst things out.
      I like the barely there makeup and the necklace but that just about it. The hair looks very amateurish and the dress is truly a walking disaster. Unfortunately, it doesn’t come to me as surprise since I’m not a fan of Freida’s style. She really could use a stylist- or change her current one for that matter.

13. Alina January 17, 2012 at 16:44 #

Lovely colour for her, but the hair is a disaster.

14. Cross January 17, 2012 at 18:23 #

I love this on her. The color is unexpected and the volume is a nice change from the mermaid-style.

15. Raquel January 18, 2012 at 13:31 #

I think the problem is that she is too short for that type of dress.