Julianne Moore In Chanel Couture – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Julianne Moore upstaged starlets half her age at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards tonight.

The actress wore a black strapless Chanel Couture Fall 2011 gown with subtle, ruffled layers.

Her gown is hugely improved without the collar.

Julianne added a pop of colour to the look with gorgeous emerald Bulgari tassel earrings.

Her signature red hair was swept over one shoulder in true bombshell form.

Many of you who had grown tired of her wearing Lanvin. It looks like she finally listened and as a result this is one of her best ever red carpet looks to date.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emma Stone In Lanvin - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Emma Stone In Lanvin – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Evan Rachel Wood In Gucci Première - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Evan Rachel Wood In Gucci Première – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

20 Responses to Julianne Moore In Chanel Couture – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 16, 2012 at 03:16 #

The hair, makeup, and those gorgeous emerald earrings=perfection. But I’m not at all sold on the dress. The ruffle-fitted-ruffle-fitted silhouette makes her look oddly proportioned to me.

2. Shaina January 16, 2012 at 03:38 #

She looks phenomenal. Beautiful styling!

3. AW January 16, 2012 at 03:39 #

Oh boy what an unflattering look. The severe cut across the chest, the lack of defined waist that makes her look like a box.

I just can’t. This looks like casket lining.

4. Raquel January 16, 2012 at 03:41 #

Teh tassel earrings are to die for. Julianne looks gorgeous, but I want to see the runaway version – sans gloves – someday on the red carpet.

5. Raquel January 16, 2012 at 03:42 #

Ops, and sans hat. Though it won’t surprise me if Gaga wears the look head to toe.

6. Nat39 January 16, 2012 at 03:48 #

I do not think that she needed a pop of colour via the green earrings. Her vibrant red hair provides that pop of color. What she needed is a gold detail on her clutch so it would`ve been more visible against the black dress.

7. Jamie Sanford January 16, 2012 at 04:14 #

This should be another black dress with some layers, but it just works on her. She’s stunning.

8. Cheryl January 16, 2012 at 06:18 #

I think a red lip would have done wonders for this look. The green earrings as a pop of colour weren’t quite enough. The reason why that look worked for Angelina at the Oscars some time ago was because Angelina’s hair was pulled back, allowing the earrings to frame her face. The earrings here are long and slender, competing with her hair rather than working in sync. Also, this picture doesn’t really do the dress justice. It’s one of those dresses that picture badly from certain angles.

9. gabis January 16, 2012 at 11:54 #

Flawless. Everything is working on this simple yet perfect look. Love it!

10. Jess January 16, 2012 at 12:47 #

this is boring and unflattering….the peplum/short skirt thing looks like a little girls tutu. she looks great from the neck up though

11. élé from paris January 16, 2012 at 17:40 #

are the earrings from Bulgari or from Fred Leighton ?

12. mm January 16, 2012 at 22:55 #

I think she looked even more spectacular on stage.

13. Jess2 January 17, 2012 at 10:53 #

She looks great!! I don’t think the severe cut of the neckline is good but the styling works very well.

14. CreoleLady January 17, 2012 at 10:57 #

For me, it’s not just that I am tired of Lanvin but that I am tired of Julianne looking mediocre to just plain bad in Lanvin. The edgier looks don’t always work for her. Wisely, she has dispensed with the OTT elements of the runway look here. Much improved. I like the dress and the emeralds.

• Alina January 17, 2012 at 16:21 #

I agree.

15. Sharon January 17, 2012 at 12:30 #

I’m not crazy about this dress, but it’s the best Julianne has looked in a long time.

16. Colleen January 17, 2012 at 14:21 #

This is just okay, but her hair and earrings are stunning! Is there some sparkly detail on the back of the dress? I could have sworn I saw something back there when she was on the carpet.

17. Parvati January 19, 2012 at 02:02 #

Finally, I really love a look by Julianne Moore! Everything is perfect here! I hope she keeps on wearing other designers apart from Lanvin, because the latter’s clothes don’t really flatter her, in my opinion.

18. Kaz January 22, 2012 at 02:06 #