Michelle Obama In J. Mendel – 2012 BET Honors

Michelle Obama presented an award to legendary poet and and author Maya Angelou at the 2012 BET Honors which was held in Washington, D.C. on Saturday evening.

The First Lady looked regal wearing a J. Mendel Resort 2012 gown.

I adore the colour of this scarlet organza one-shoulder gown against her skin; she’s truly radiant.

Her chic updo keeps her hair away from that beautiful detail on her shoulder which cascades down the front of her gown.

As always she gets a perfect 10 from me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naturi Naughton In Michael Costello - 2014 BET Awards

Naturi Naughton In Michael Costello – 2014 BET Awards

Claire Danes In J. Mendel - 2012 Golden Globes

Claire Danes In J. Mendel – 2012 Golden Globes

15 Responses to Michelle Obama In J. Mendel – 2012 BET Honors

1. Nat39 January 15, 2012 at 19:55 #

A perfect 10 from me as well. Everything is done right. Gorgeous colour and fit, a very complementary updo and simple earrings finish the look perfectly.

• mm January 17, 2012 at 01:32 #

i agree

• PeterT February 11, 2012 at 16:44 #

Michelle Obama looks amazing amazing amazing. She looks like she is going 35 in this photo. Who can believe that this woman is going 49! Waoow!

2. Terry January 15, 2012 at 20:04 #

Flawless.

3. Jessica January 15, 2012 at 20:05 #

She looks amazing. The colour is gorgeous and i love the shape. This is definitely my BDOTW.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 15, 2012 at 20:08 #

I don’t like her but this is a lovely dress–the color is rich and very flattering.

5. LizLemooooon January 15, 2012 at 20:09 #

Stunning look! That colour is just divine against her skin and the fit is flawless. 10 out of 10 from me too.

6. M. January 15, 2012 at 20:17 #

I don’t like it. I think her shoulders look really broad in this dress and the hemline is a tad too short for my liking. You can see her toes, that really bothers me.
    For me, she completely fades into the background next to the lady in white. (she looks familiar, but I can’t remember who she is.)

• Fashion Critic January 15, 2012 at 20:22 #

Gabrielle union

• noo January 15, 2012 at 22:05 #

i think her shoulders look broad in all her evening attire and i can never think of a way that she can get around it! when she wears strapless (last year in ralph lauren) or a one shouldered gown like this one it lessens the broad shoulder effect.

this is one of her better looks for me, the style is flattering, the back of the dress is stunning and ger hair is great :D

7. TeaAtTwo January 15, 2012 at 20:57 #

Omg, every January she kicks off the year with a fantastic look. Flawless, from the fit and flattering shape and colour to her posture and hair and make-up.

8. chryssa January 15, 2012 at 22:07 #

gorgeous!!!she really knows how to dress her body!

9. Shaina January 15, 2012 at 22:50 #

I love this color on her, she looks beautiful.

10. CreoleLady January 15, 2012 at 23:11 #

The FLOTUS hits another evening look out of the park. Swooning over the color and hair. I saw a touching picture of Mrs Obama helping the 80+ y.o. poet/novelist Maya Angelou to stand; both women were so beautiful that it brought tears to my eyes.

11. micheline January 18, 2012 at 05:54 #

Not sure why people are always complaining about her arms and shoulders (similar to how people complain about Charlene Princess of Monaco’s swimmer’s physique). Michelle Obama is healthy and athletic-looking. I find her physique beautiful, and I applaud her for wearing clothes that show off her attributes. I find it irritating when people imply that women should be ashamed of being muscular and try to hide it.