Emma Stone In Lanvin – W Magazine’s Annual Golden Globe Awards Celebration

Emma Stone attended W Magazine’s pre-Golden Globes party held at the Chateau Marmont in LA on Friday evening.

Whilst so many stars are opting for prints on the red carpet this weekend, Emma selected this Lanvin Spring 2012 colour-block dress.

Her banded tri-colour nude, black and rose stretch silk dress with embroidered crystal snake motif wrapped around her neck was a very interesting choice.

I have to say I love the look, but she most definitely should’ve worn her hair up.

Wavy locks, gorgeous copper shadow and Lanvin accessories including a beige serpent ‘Sea Breeze’ minaudiere and black satin pumps with gold detailing provided the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicola Peltz In Balenciaga - 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' Rio de Janeiro Photocall

Nicola Peltz In Balenciaga – ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ Rio de Janeiro Photocall

Emmy Rossum In Georges Hobeika – W Magazine’s Annual Golden Globes Party

Emmy Rossum In Georges Hobeika – W Magazine’s Annual Golden Globes Party

27 Responses to Emma Stone In Lanvin – W Magazine’s Annual Golden Globe Awards Celebration

1. jo January 15, 2012 at 10:35 #

I agree that she should’ve worn her hair up, but still I looove this look.

2. DSI January 15, 2012 at 10:37 #

She looks unusually dull. I dont endorse her hairstyling or the make-up for this outfit!

• Alina January 15, 2012 at 11:31 #

She looks tired.

• NooG January 15, 2012 at 18:28 #

Agreed. She’s beautiful but the makeup makes her eyes look unusually sunken and tired. She’s too young too look dull.

3. gurlygurl January 15, 2012 at 10:45 #

Emma is so adorable. I did have to do a double take as I thought her arms were a very strange color compared to her legs… then I realised those are not her arms but her sleeves. As lovely as she is I would prefer this dress with no sleeves because that color is a little too odd against her skin tone.

4. chryssa January 15, 2012 at 11:05 #

A fantastic look!!!

5. The Dame January 15, 2012 at 11:14 #

I really love the rust make up, she reminds me of Florence Welch here in the close up because of the colour scheme. Not feeling the dress tho, the fabric looks very thick.

6. mikeijames January 15, 2012 at 13:17 #

i actually like the beauty look here since she’s attending the party and she simply looks flawless in this lanvin frock. fc, i’m surprised you didn’t jump on her for wearing black pumps with this look ;)

7. Jess2 January 15, 2012 at 13:19 #

awesome look, I really like the colours of the dress but it would have been good if she had her hair back so we could see the detail despite the fact that snakes freak me out. she is so gorgeous though

8. Nat39 January 15, 2012 at 13:31 #

Too one-note, bland. Would`ve preferred the hair pulled back into a half up-half down style (or simply pulled back)just enough to show off the snake motiff, but not an updo as her red hair is the only element that relatively brightens up this look. The makeup is tragic, in my opinion.

9. Jeremy January 15, 2012 at 13:33 #

NOOOO!!! This is my very favorite Lanvin look. And she ruined it by not showing the snake. Emma Stone, you’d better make up for this at the Oscar!

10. Lucia January 15, 2012 at 13:59 #

I find her eyeshadow too heavy here!
    in the close up she looks like she has a bruised eye!

11. Mahima January 15, 2012 at 14:06 #

Is the black pump making a comeback because everyone is wearing them? I hope not. I’d rather see nude ones.

12. Emi January 15, 2012 at 14:34 #

I really like it, but since the dress is embroidered I agree she should have worn hair up or in a different way. I laos think that she should go back to red hair (I mean, very red).

13. Shaina January 15, 2012 at 15:48 #

She does look quite tired…or even bored. I’m not sure. I do however love her hair color and makeup against the colors of this dress.

14. LizLemooooon January 15, 2012 at 16:03 #

I’ve looked at lots of pics of her in this outfit and in every single one she looks awful or drunk. I think she was drunk! Her hair is a hot mess, the dress is ill fitting and what the hell was going on with her eyeshadow?!
    She’s been so disappointing lately, I really hope she brings it tonight at the Globes.

15. Hannah January 15, 2012 at 16:23 #

I love the dress, but the hair looks greasy adn the makeup I just find unflattering. It doesn’t suit her, but I get what she was ging for.
    The shoes are lanvin, they have the metal detailing on the back which is similar to some dresses from the fall collection.

16. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blogger) January 15, 2012 at 16:43 #

I love this dress on Emma. Hair and makeup are a hot mess.

17. Fromchi-town January 15, 2012 at 16:57 #

She is a beautiful girl, and will rarely look bad. That being said, her fashion choices this year have not been as good and impactful as last year. I hope she doesnt disappoint today at the awards.

18. Jones19 January 15, 2012 at 17:11 #

That eyeshadow was applied very badly and her hair looks limp, Ihope she’s not losing her spark.

19. Rory January 15, 2012 at 17:14 #

Michelle Obama went innnnn!!! FC you know I love when you cover her http://theobamadiary.com/2012/01/14/best-bet/

20. mattison January 15, 2012 at 17:16 #

I may be biased ’cause I like her so much, but I think she’s working the hell out of what could otherwise be a lackluster pinky-nude look.

21. Vidhya January 15, 2012 at 19:03 #

I love this look head to toe.. she should have worn her hair away but wearing her hair up wud have made this a more formal look… i wonder wat wud be the middle ground!

22. molly January 15, 2012 at 20:22 #

I love the dress, but as you said, she should have worn her hair up. Also, her makeup artist hates her. Really, her makeup is horrible here. Its a rare miss so I guess I dont mind this too much.
    I have high hopes for her tonight!

23. EmmaWoodhouse January 15, 2012 at 20:40 #

Should have an updo, should’ve done better make up–this makes her look tired–but the dress is a cool choice. Very Emma.

24. Jen January 15, 2012 at 21:54 #

hmm… I don’t think the copper eyeshadow does her any favours. Looks like skin irritation, actually.

Also, I wonder if the fit could be better. definitely I’d have shortened the sleeves, but both her an the model have rippling around the ribs which kind of bothers me.

25. Laura, Argentina May 1, 2012 at 13:22 #

Her hair looks dirty and it ruins the whole look. Makes me not want to smell her, she seems like she needs a bath ASAP.
    What a shame, it’s part of her job to look pretty. Come on!