Rooney Mara In Lanvin – 2012 AFI Awards

Rooney Mara attended the 2012 AFI Awards which was held in Beverly Hills earlier today wearing a Lanvin Pre-Fall 2012 look.

This is a relatively flirty look, compared to her usual serious red carpet apparel.

Her bi-colour beige and black sleeveless top in satin duchesse was teamed with a black neoprene skirt and black matte waxed leather belt.

The outfit was minimally accessorized, per usual, with a simple pair of black Brian Atwood ‘Debra Due’ peep-toes.

On this occasion Rooney appears to be wearing a bit more makeup than we’re used to seeing, with dark liner highlighting her eyes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Viola Davis In David Meister - 2012 AFI Awards

Viola Davis In David Meister – 2012 AFI Awards

Stacy Keible's Marchesa Embellished Silk-Crepe Column Gown

Stacy Keible’s Marchesa Embellished Silk-Crepe Column Gown

24 Responses to Rooney Mara In Lanvin – 2012 AFI Awards

1. Mol January 14, 2012 at 06:28 #

I would have liked to see her hair slicked over to the side with this, and the seam on the skirt seems to not hit her hips in the best place (higher would have been better). The shoes are ok, but I’m tired of her always wearing peep toes.

2. june January 14, 2012 at 06:32 #

rooney’s actually sort of starting to dress like herself again — it’s dark colours and a minimalist aesthetic like usual, but it’s a softer, girlier look.

ps. what’s the music that starts up in the background, fc? just curious

• Fashion Critic January 14, 2012 at 06:37 #

from the Alberta Ferretti video.

3. Minah January 14, 2012 at 06:47 #

In the beginning I didn’t really like Rooney at all and she badmouths her past works, which is terrible, but I saw some pictures of her smiling and being a bit more comfortable at the AFI Awards, and I began warming up to her. I think a smile can change a person’s mind and I’m sure I’ll become more open minded when the subject is Rooney.

4. Alina January 14, 2012 at 08:01 #

Beautiful. One of her best.

5. Nat39 January 14, 2012 at 08:12 #

She reminds me of Alexa Chung in this pic.(it`s in her stance and facial expression). This isn`t working – this look is neither edgy (a la runway) nor flirtatious enough (without playful accessories/shoe choice and hairstyle)- it falls flat somewhere in between. Same old ‘confused girl’ presence has got to go.

• Nat39 January 14, 2012 at 10:32 #

Looked again, it`s not that bad actually, put together well enough, just not a fan of this look personally. What brings it down mostly is her awkward timid presence. A better shoe choice and more flattering hair and make-up would`ve helped.

6. Emi January 14, 2012 at 08:25 #

There’s something I don’t like about the fit, especially on her chest. This is a more girlie look from her, but she should change the way she poses, really.

7. Jess2 January 14, 2012 at 09:25 #

This is so cute, love the dress and the makeup is good too. I am enjoying her looks

8. bee7 January 14, 2012 at 09:28 #

cute dress but she is not selling it to me. in fact she looks scared at here. rooney needs to do something with her hair, extension maybe? and also get a posing lesson

9. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ January 14, 2012 at 11:02 #

I absolutely love this outfit! She looks gorgeous, so chic!

10. Linda January 14, 2012 at 11:15 #

I really, really like this. She looks really pretty. This is the first time I really love everything about a Lanvin look in a long time. She looks softer and her bangs look less severe.

11. CTgirl January 14, 2012 at 12:32 #

Meh.

12. Jones19 January 14, 2012 at 12:59 #

Very cute look, she`s evolving her style slowly but surely.

13. catdog January 14, 2012 at 13:00 #

This is a very good look for her. It’s almost cute but there is a little edge to it.

14. TeaAtTwo January 14, 2012 at 14:12 #

I like that she’s mixing looks up a bit now. She looks pretty. She likes A-line shape, not a fault though. I like the ruffle on the top to compliment the skirt’s shape.

15. chryssa January 14, 2012 at 14:54 #

A great look!

16. Giuseppi Giraffe January 14, 2012 at 17:33 #

the ruffle is distracting, but the two color scheme is great for her

17. April January 14, 2012 at 21:24 #

This is the first time in her long promo tour that I actually like what she’s wearing, and it seems like she might, as well. Save for the Prabal Gurung gown, everything she’s chosen was so serious and dour. There was no joy in the looks. This is flirty, while still having the darker edge she & her stylist have decided is her go-to look. The blue-ish silver makeup is perfect. I’ll give credit where it’s due.

18. lu January 14, 2012 at 22:54 #

it´s cute, but i´m not convinced with the ruflle on top.

19. Cellie January 15, 2012 at 01:18 #

nextzzzzzzzz

20. asherlev1 January 15, 2012 at 01:48 #

So cute! She should wear more Lanvin, it really agrees with her (and hopefully Julianne Moore can stop wearing it)

21. Dhppy January 15, 2012 at 06:37 #

It seems that so many designers are doing Pre Fall looks with much shorter skirts than most women are willing to wear. I have a feeling Rooney Mara won’t be the only one sporting a longer version of a dress than what appears on the runway.

22. bianca January 19, 2012 at 21:45 #

I’m really loving this look, I think it looks sophisticated