14.01.12

Jessica Chastain was a totally different woman when she stepped on the red carpet for the 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards yesterday evening.

She went from ‘ladies who lunch’ at the AFI Awards, to sexy temptress at this event wearing Vivienne Westwood.

Her Fall 2011 Autumn print off-the-shoulder signature Westwood dress perfectly complemented her gorgeous fluffy retro curls.

Nude Jimmy Choo platform strappy sandals completed her look.

The actress is still opting not to carry a clutch.

I feel so lost without something in my hands whilst stepping out.

Credit: Getty

Elizabeth Olsen In Proenza Schouler - 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

Elizabeth Olsen In Proenza Schouler – 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

Lindsay Lohan’s Alexander Wang Short Sleeve Dress

Lindsay Lohan’s Alexander Wang Short Sleeve Dress

24 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Vivienne Westwood – 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

1. asherlev1 January 14, 2012 at 21:20 #

Dear Jessica Chastain,

Please consider getting a new stylist.

Sincerely,
    A Fan.

That said, I do like how her hair looks here.

• JacobGH January 15, 2012 at 00:12 #

• Lola January 15, 2012 at 06:58 #

+1…very… Off track. Both the hair and the dress and… The makeup

• Jess2 January 15, 2012 at 07:25 #

2. Nat39 January 14, 2012 at 21:29 #

Whatever “totally different” woman she chose to be this time doesn´t really work for her, just feels fake, this whole “sexy temptres” vibe feels very unnatural for her persona. The dress is a bit too revealing in the bust area, and the clutch would´ve made this look more grounded for the event (it looks a tad trashy otherwise).

3. Bec January 14, 2012 at 21:31 #

The first thing i said when i saw this was FINALLY! perfect colouring and styling….love it!!

4. noo January 14, 2012 at 21:45 #

the make up is a disaster, i don’t like this look!

5. Isa January 14, 2012 at 21:58 #

She looks soo much better!

6. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2012 at 22:00 #

I love the retro hair-style but the dress isn’t working for me. It makes her look very stumpy. I also think that the makeup makes her look tired.

7. GiGi January 14, 2012 at 22:08 #

OMG. She looks FANTASTIC. Simply cannot believe what the makeup and tousled hair does for her! Not crazy about dress or shoes, but the neck up!! WOW.

8. The Dame January 14, 2012 at 23:18 #

Wow wow wow! That hair is a game changer! She’s gone from drap to divine!

9. chocolatepluscheese January 14, 2012 at 23:20 #

The dress and hair are fantastic, I just wish she had opted for some more dramatic makeup.

10. Rebecca Z January 14, 2012 at 23:37 #

The cut of the dress is a problem–don’t like the pointy bodice, but the colors of the fabric are heavenly on her. Love her hair and makeup–these colors give her a real glow.

11. chryssa January 15, 2012 at 00:31 #

I have to disagree with everyone…I like the dress,great colour for her complexion but don’t like the hair- it’s aging her…

• Alina January 15, 2012 at 07:24 #

I agree with you, although she seemed to love her hair.

12. Fiona January 15, 2012 at 00:33 #

I too like the more vibrant colours on her – no more nudes please! But the hair & makeup make her look very mature and the dress doesn’t define her waist which is unusual for a Westwood design. She should actually wear darker colours to look more dramatic I think – would love to see her in navy or even black (!)

13. Ariel January 15, 2012 at 01:48 #

The print is hideous! Her hair looks hot though.

14. Jones19 January 15, 2012 at 02:26 #

Her makeup artist should be fired since her eye makeup always makes her look tired and older than she is.

15. TeaAtTwo January 15, 2012 at 05:17 #

I think there’s something really confident about a woman who doesn’t wear a clutch on the red carpet. I’m not feeling the Westwood bust cut but I like the print the hair is gorgeous. She looks gorgeous in the first picture but up close the make seems a bit off- a tad too dark around the eyes.

16. Jess2 January 15, 2012 at 07:30 #

Well in my own personal opinion, Jessica just aged a good 10 years overnight. If you compare how she looked at the Critic’s choice (despite the ill fit of the cowl-neck) where her hair and makeup was radiant, this look is just BAD!! I appreciate the attempt, and I think the dress is nice but this is a fail for me. I think she needs to change out her styling team, she has so much potential

17. vicky January 15, 2012 at 09:58 #

Horrible make up and hair! I like the pattern and colours of the dress but not the style.

18. gurlygurl January 15, 2012 at 10:59 #

The feminine old school waves don’t work with this borderline abstract mini dress and there seems to be a little too much “orange” with the tonal hair, make up and dress. It just does not work.

19. Jess January 15, 2012 at 19:12 #

wow, she looks incredible…the off-the-shoulder look is so sensual and the hair is so flattering, not to mention those gorgeous autumnal colours on her. adore!

20. cat January 15, 2012 at 19:33 #

the dress is a departure for her and I love the colours; but the make up is terribly unflattering.