It’s has been a busy weekend, yet we still have the Art of Elysium Gala tonight and the Golden Globe Awards tomorrow.

Elizabeth Olsen attended the 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards last night wearing a Proenza Schouler Spring 2012 dress.

Her black front tie long sleeve dress with a contrasting floral printed skirt is a bold choice from the usually cautious star.

Whilst I like her choice, that keyhole details is a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen, so I’m slightly turned off by that.

Her shoe choice is a bit blah, but I do love her Edie Parker ‘Edie’ navy pearlescent clutch with amethyst mica stripes.

A side swept messy braid completed her look.

First Emilio Pucci, now this Proenza Schouler dress.

Do you like Elizabeth’s more fashion forward choices?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Diane Kruger In Prada & Ginnifer Goodwin in Roksanda Ilincic

Best Dressed Of The Week – Diane Kruger In Prada & Ginnifer Goodwin in Roksanda Ilincic

Jessica Chastain In Vivienne Westwood - 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

Jessica Chastain In Vivienne Westwood – 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

18 Responses to Elizabeth Olsen In Proenza Schouler – 37th Annual Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

1. Nat39 January 14, 2012 at 20:07 #

This is perhaps my fav. look from her so far because it´s finally figure-flattering (!)- the way the fabric is gathered at the waist gives her a nice smaller waist silhouette (Yay! finally! She doesn´t look boxy).I can even overlook the bland uninspiring shoes and potential wardrobe malfunction. The messy braid hairstyle completes this look perfectly. Very flattering makeup.

• asherlev1 January 14, 2012 at 21:18 #

Agree with everything you said

• Jones19 January 15, 2012 at 02:28 #

Agreed, she has trouble finding figure flattering outfits since she has no waist, she’s I shaped. This however manages to be a step in the right direction.

• Vee January 15, 2012 at 02:50 #

completely agree. she looks smashing! i am sure she is a small girl but she was making bad decisions that made her look so thick waisted.

• TeaAtTwo January 15, 2012 at 05:20 #

+2 – pretty much crushing on this look, even fine about the shoes.

• rebecca o January 15, 2012 at 07:37 #

Exactly. This is the first thing I’ve ever liked that she’s worn, because she’s finally wearing an outfit that flatters her figure. I live the hair, too.

2. molly January 14, 2012 at 20:11 #

I dont like how huge the keyhole is or her choice of shoes, but its a stunning dress and looks amazing on Elizabeth. Her hair and makeup are flawless, and I dont even mind the braid.

3. rachael January 14, 2012 at 20:34 #

I adore this look. Get some double sided tape and she’s good. More fun shoes could have amped it up a little bit but because there is so much detailing on the bodice I think it still works.

4. nadine January 14, 2012 at 20:38 #

Haven’t made it to the Emilio Pucci, but LOVE this look!

5. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2012 at 21:02 #

Would have loved it save for that very unfortunate keyhole detail! It ruins the look, sadly.

6. asherlev1 January 14, 2012 at 21:18 #

OMG. Flawless. Would have voted this as BDOTW for last week hands down. Can’t say I would have voted it BDOTW for next week since it IS Golden Globes Weekend, but still, I really really love this.

7. Fashion Foie Gras January 14, 2012 at 22:34 #

She is just hitting it out of the ballpark these dyas! Absolutely incredible!

• Alina January 15, 2012 at 07:29 #

8. Amber January 14, 2012 at 22:46 #

I actually like this on her. I normally think she has as little style as her sartorial-challenged sisters, but this is flattering on her. And her hair and make-up are very nice as well.

9. Rebecca Z January 14, 2012 at 23:43 #

There are things I like about the dress–Nat39 summed it up beautifully. But my goodness this woman is so BEAUTIFUL. The makeup really enhances that wonderful combination of blond hair and green eyes. Gorgeous.

10. chryssa January 15, 2012 at 00:33 #

The shoes are a bit heavy but apart from that its her best look up to date imo…

11. Dhppy January 15, 2012 at 06:34 #

I like this, and I’m not normally a Proenza Schouler fan. It looks better on her than the model.

12. carmen sandiego January 15, 2012 at 19:40 #

Whoa … I must be missing something. Length: wrong! Shoe: devastatingly boring. Cut out – misshapen. Hair – should have been sleek. Black background (not her fault) = complete fail.