Shailene Woodley In Calvin Klein – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Recently some of you expressed that you didn’t ‘get’ Shailene Woodley’s style, but I’m sure the turning point came on the red carpet at the 2012 Critics Choice Awards tonight.

The young actress looked amazing wearing a Calvin Klein Resort 2012 dress.

Her simple grey silk tank dress with a metallic silver neckline is her best look to date.

I love the silhouette and the fact the she kept the look as it was intended; subtle and minimalist.

Her ombre hair fell down her open back and over her shoulder as she completed the look with barely-there makeup.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji - 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Critics' Choice Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards?

19 Responses to Shailene Woodley In Calvin Klein – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. shap_half January 13, 2012 at 06:14 #

Dress looks great on her. I’m really a big fan of the Calvin Klein minimalism. (Diane Kruger’s white gown from the Met gala a couple of years ago is still one of my favorites.)

I do wish, however, that Shailene had done something with her hair. A severe ponytail would have been perfect! The dress says she’s ready to be a star; the hair is saying she’s ready to go to the mall food court to stock up on pretzels.

• Mol January 13, 2012 at 06:29 #

I agree, the hair’s not quite right for the dress, she’s almost perfect and I’m still quite taken by this…..

2. Vidhya January 13, 2012 at 06:37 #

wow.. i was missing calvin klein.. love the look..

3. Nat39 January 13, 2012 at 06:48 #

Amazing in its simplicity, this look feels so natural. Glad she kept her hair this way, it only enhances this natural vibe, a severe ponytail/other obvious hairstyling could`ve ended up looking forced.

• Effie January 13, 2012 at 10:45 #

i agree..the hair makes it perfect!

• lu January 13, 2012 at 17:42 #

I agree I think the hair is better this way, but maybe more sleek.

4. aiyu January 13, 2012 at 06:53 #

BDOTW!

5. Emi January 13, 2012 at 09:29 #

The dress is so simple and beautiful, and the fit is perfect, I wish she had done something different with the hair, too, because it seems a bit stringy.

6. Alina January 13, 2012 at 10:48 #

Stunning !

7. advo January 13, 2012 at 11:16 #

She looks really good in the dress except from her hair. A sleek ponytail would have been better. But what I really noticed was the difference between the dress on a real person and an emaciated body. The runway model looks frightening thin!

• Tracy L January 13, 2012 at 13:32 #

advo: I was thinking the exact same thing. The model looks terrible! The actress of course is very slim too but she looks so much better. It is a lovely dress.

8. kim January 13, 2012 at 11:34 #

AMAZING

she looks like a statue

9. Hannah January 13, 2012 at 15:09 #

It would have been an amazing look, especially because of the back, but the hair kills it. It is messy, had she had gwyneth paltrow sleek hair with either a side or a centre part, as opposed to what she has, it may have been better, but an updo would have been much preferred. The makeup is also very so-so. She needed a bti more attitude and styling to help elevate the look.

10. Jess2 January 13, 2012 at 15:48 #

The hair lets this down for me. The dress is lovely on her though.

11. TeaAtTwo January 13, 2012 at 17:36 #

I think this is the best she has ever looked. The loose hair suits her youth. Soo glad she didn’t accessorise.

12. She looked amazing (and reminded me a bit of Jennifer Lawrence’s Oscar look. Was it the Oscars or another awards show last year when she was in this red, sleek number? Anyway, the styling is similar and has the same great effect.)

13. Parvati January 14, 2012 at 01:46 #

She looks beautiful! I really like this dress and I like how she kept her look simple, but she could have added a bracelet or a ring.

14. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2012 at 22:07 #

A lovely Grecian-inspired updo would’ve been great. However, even though I’m not a fan of minimalist looks, this is very sophisticated.