13.01.12

Jessica Chastain In Balenciaga – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Jessica Chastain was pretty in pink at the 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards which took place in L.A. this evening.

The actress wore a pale pink column Balenciaga dress with an oversized cowl-neck neckline.

This detail makes the dress appear too big for her. So as much as I love the colour against her porcelain skin, I’m not in love with the fit.

Statement earrings and clutch would have made this look much more memorable.

The look was completed with a severe bun and simple sapphire earrings.

Credit: Getty

12 Comments
Elizabeth Olsen In Emilio Pucci - 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Elizabeth Olsen In Emilio Pucci – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Charlize Theron In Azzedine Alaïa - 2012 Critics' Choice Awards

Charlize Theron In Azzedine Alaïa – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

12 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Balenciaga – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. asherlev1 January 13, 2012 at 02:04 #

This is like a bad copy of the dress Clair Danes wore to the Globes. Or maybe that’s my love of Clair Danes talking.

• EmmaWoodhouse January 13, 2012 at 02:35 #

So true–it looks a lot like Claire’s dress! I love Jessica and the color is great on her, but…no, no, no. Not a good fit. Her earrings are gorgeous though.

2. Mol January 13, 2012 at 02:08 #

This color is amazing on Jessica, such a pity on the fit, as you say F.C. – dang! I am ok with no extra jewelry than the earrings she’s wearing, but the perfect clutch would not have gone amiss.

• mm January 13, 2012 at 08:56 #

I so agree about the color.

3. Nat39 January 13, 2012 at 02:15 #

Simple, clean, elegant, I like this! Glad she finally pulled her hair back, works perfectly. Absolutely no need for a standout statement accessory here, in my opinion, it would´ve only weighed down this featherweight look. The only thing I would´ve added here is a very delicate bracelet.

4. bm January 13, 2012 at 02:39 #

the dress has julianne moore’s name all over it.

5. LizLemooooon January 13, 2012 at 03:31 #

She really tried hard, it just doesn’t work because of the fit. For taking this risk tho I give her props. I’d have preferred a statement cuff to earrings as they’d distract from the minimalism imo.

6. Vicky January 13, 2012 at 07:39 #

Didn’t Jessica Biel wear something similiar as well last year (or the year before). Don’t usually remember her had it not been for her really bad hairstyle at that time..)

7. Balenciaga Store January 13, 2012 at 13:34 #

8. Hannah January 13, 2012 at 15:16 #

It is a stunnign dress, it is actually very very similar ot THAT Nicole Kidman red Balenciaga dress, but she hasn’t go the oomph for it. The fit is terrible on her, and this style doesn’t flatter her upper body whatsoever. The stylign is also meh. I am worried about her for the awards shows, her stylist never get’s it quite right, and I cannot remember ever really liking her hair or makeup.

9. Parvati January 14, 2012 at 01:11 #

I adore this colour and it looks even better with her red hair, but the fit isn’t totally right.

10. Jess2 January 14, 2012 at 12:01 #

When I saw her walking in stage Claire Danes was my first thought. The colour is awesome on her and the close up head shot is stunning. It is a shame about the weird fit of the cowl-neck. A clutch would be good here and maybe a bracelet