13.01.12

Diane Kruger In Prada – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

Diane Kruger walked the red carpet at the 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards in L.A. this evening.

It appears as though yellow was the colour to wear, as Diane joined Elizabeth Olsen and Elle Fanning in wearing the summery hue.

Diane chose a Grecian halter Prada gown with shades of yellow and light blue.

A bright pink Prada bag which matched her lip shade provided additional pops of colour.

This is certainly one of my favourite looks from Diane, as it’s both beautiful and effortless.

A purposely messy up-do and Prada dark grey nappa leather strappy sandals completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Adèle Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton - 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Adèle Exarchopoulos In Louis Vuitton – 2014 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Michelle Williams In Chanel - 2012 Critics' Choice Awards

Michelle Williams In Chanel – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

29 Responses to Diane Kruger In Prada – 2012 Critics’ Choice Awards

1. Mol January 13, 2012 at 02:52 #

Trust Diane to up the ante! It’s going to be a great awards season if this keeps up, bring on the color. She looks pitch perfect as always, just her pose here looks a little constrained, but I still love this overall. The addition of the pink too is rather clever, it makes you almost not like it, but then slowly be seduced by it, especially with the matching lippie.

2. Kim January 13, 2012 at 02:53 #

I actually gasped when the page loaded. She’s perfect! The pink clutch matching her lips is a really cute and unexpected contrast to the colours in the dress. BDOTY already!

3. bm January 13, 2012 at 02:59 #

i don’t like the combination of yellow and pink. it’s so 10-years-old girl.
    So, i’m sorry(because it’s d. kruger) to say that it is a miss for me.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 13, 2012 at 02:59 #

Love her hair, makeup, and the cream halter but not so much the rest of the dress.

5. Nat39 January 13, 2012 at 03:11 #

Very nicely done look, the only thing that bothers me here is a very tightly outlined bust, rather distracting. Beautiful otherwise. Loving the addition of pink.

• rosie January 13, 2012 at 05:50 #

• Barbs January 13, 2012 at 23:00 #

+1, she usually looks a lot better! This is not the Diane that I love!

6. Hisadora January 13, 2012 at 03:32 #

The dress is very different and summery, love it! The pink touches really brings it up

7. Vidhya January 13, 2012 at 03:32 #

the pink clutch and pink lip seem very forced to me.. brings the whole look down..

• chryssa January 13, 2012 at 14:26 #

+1 but she looks beautiful!

8. Ariel January 13, 2012 at 03:35 #

I don’t know about anyone else, but, as soon as I saw this dress it reminded me of Cate Blanchett’s Givenchy dress at the oscars! I think it’s that mustard yellow against the light hue. But Diane, as always, looks great on the red carpet!

9. Aline January 13, 2012 at 04:58 #

This look made me gasp. I adore it ♥

10. june January 13, 2012 at 06:05 #

i love, love this. out of all the looks at the critic’s choice awards, this is the only one where i was totally surprised. (which is not to say everyone else didn’t look gorgeous, but they all picked things i expected them too)

11. Katrin January 13, 2012 at 06:58 #

She looks pretty otherwise, but I hate her hair. From the front it looks like some kind of a Star Trek monster.

12. Vicky January 13, 2012 at 07:43 #

I’m not so sure on the two shades of yellow…
    Love that she added the hot pink clutch and lipstick!

13. mm January 13, 2012 at 08:52 #

I dont like the hair. Not my fav from Diane

14. Emi January 13, 2012 at 09:27 #

Amazing as always. I love hair and make up, she’s divine.

15. Jones19 January 13, 2012 at 12:34 #

I’m in awe! Goddess Diane never lets me down.

16. Alina January 13, 2012 at 14:00 #

OUTSTANDING !

17. fromchi-town January 13, 2012 at 14:31 #

I think she looks outstanding. As soon as I saw the dress, I immediately thought Givenchy. I think she looks beautiful in those colors and the choice of the dress is very unexpected. Total love.

18. Lucía January 13, 2012 at 17:16 #

I don’t know if I like this look or not. When I first saw it I didn’t quite like the dress but each time I look at it it feels a little bit better…still not sure though. However I love the makeup, that shade of lipstick looks amazing on her.

19. jkrau January 13, 2012 at 17:19 #

Am I the only one who just doesn’t get Diane Kruger? She always looks relatively nice, but I have never ever ever LOVED one of her looks — even with this, the colors are jarring for me, and her hair is just too messy… sorry FC because I know you absolutely love her, but she never lights my fire!

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2012 at 17:25 #

I love Cate Blanchett and Fan Bingbing, whereas I like Diane.

20. ria January 13, 2012 at 18:16 #

The look is so heavily borrowed from Givenchy!!Sometimes Prada leads me to Ad Nauseam and this dress certainly did!! But I love D. Kruger she’s so gorgeous!!

21. My favourite look of that carpet but I’m not into that clutch for some reason. I think it’s because ‘we need to add some colour’ and ‘contrasting accessories’ have become such a go-to move and almost as tired as nude pumps. Gosh, nude pumps, haven’t seen any for a few weeks. Yay!

22. Parvati January 14, 2012 at 01:19 #

Well, it seems I am one of the few who don’t like this outfit and that’s because of only 2 details. First of all, I really like this dress – the combination of the colours is risky and I like that. I also like how she matched her clutch to her lip colour – or vice versa. :P However, the weird way her bust area looks and especially the way too messy hair ruin this look for me.

• Linda January 14, 2012 at 02:53 #

Agree 100 percent. I want to like it and I’m almost there, but the bust and the hair ruin it.

23. Jess2 January 14, 2012 at 09:52 #

she is so beutiful and this is a great look!! not sure about the clutch but love the lips.

24. bianca January 18, 2012 at 17:55 #

I love the messy bun and how she matched the lip colour with the clutch.impeccable as always!