12.01.12 Premiere

Madonna In Jean Paul Gaultier & Dolce & Gabbana – ‘W.E’ London Premiere

Madonna walked the red carpet for the second London premiere for ‘W.E.’ yesterday as the first premiere took place during London Film Festival back in October last year.

On this occasion she wore a Jean Paul Gaultier black velvet column gown with a Dolce & Gabbana black lace cape.

Madonna added red leather fingerless gloves for an interesting twist, as well as her ‘WE’ pendant necklace, and Van Cleef & Arpels earrings.

A rich red lip colour and wavy curls completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

Jessica Lowndes In Lela Rose - ‘A Promise of Beauty and Brilliance’ Golden Globe Awards Event

Jessica Lowndes In Lela Rose – ‘A Promise of Beauty and Brilliance’ Golden Globe Awards Event

19 Responses to Madonna In Jean Paul Gaultier & Dolce & Gabbana – ‘W.E’ London Premiere

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) January 12, 2012 at 16:51 #

I think she is wearing those fingerless gloves to cover up her unattractive, veiny hands. Her makeup looks fabulous. It’s OK, I think that lace cape is looking vaguely “Endora”.

• gurlygurl January 13, 2012 at 00:45 #

LOL! The only woman who wears a cape well is Dita…it’s a little too much here with the red gloves. I agree makeup is great and the dress is classic.

2. J January 12, 2012 at 17:01 #

what the hell…?!?!

3. Nat39 January 12, 2012 at 17:10 #

Lovely sleek gown on her figure, beautiful feminine curls, sexy make-up. Not really sure where she´s going with the leather gloves and the cape esp. when her hair, makeup,earrings are on a glamorous side. The overall look just doesn´t make sense to me.

4. Ade January 12, 2012 at 17:28 #

She looks like a bullfighter.

5. CTgirl January 12, 2012 at 17:37 #

Holy crap. This is just horrible. Red fingerless gloves?! A lace cape?! A face of wax?! Madge is not looking good here.

6. JacobGH January 12, 2012 at 21:18 #

hideous

7. Kin January 12, 2012 at 23:31 #

trying too hard…and that includes the botox

8. Mol January 12, 2012 at 23:42 #

She fills the dress out beautifully, but I really don’t get the cape or the gloves especially – horrid!

9. Jimmy January 12, 2012 at 23:47 #

while not my favorite look from Madonna, I do think the gown, hair and makeup are beautiful. The cape is an interesting choice as are the gloves but I think she would look smashing without those two items.

10. TeaAtTwo January 13, 2012 at 00:01 #

This looks like a very pale imitation of Dita in this http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/category/blog/blog-celebrities/dita-von-teese/

11. Raquel January 13, 2012 at 02:09 #

Great dress, makeup, hair and dress, but the cape and the gloves… I never thought I would say this, but… Maddie, you are not Gaga.

12. EmmaWoodhouse January 13, 2012 at 02:44 #

I laughed–and then I realized that maybe it wasn’t supposed to be funny. :P
    Really, really bad! A LACE cape? Red fingerless gloves? For real?

13. The Dame January 13, 2012 at 09:52 #

If you cover up the gloves with your fingers she looks elegant, wi out, she looks try-hard.

14. The Dame January 13, 2012 at 09:53 #

Also age shows most on our hands and neck, but she cold have chosen a choker and some lace gloves intead

15. lex January 13, 2012 at 16:33 #

She never fails to try too hard. Everything is the opposite of effortless. Maybe she should hire a stylist? It looks like a Halloween outfit; is she playing a camp vampire?

16. Giuseppi Giradde January 13, 2012 at 17:39 #

I like it. I really like this. lol I think I may be the only one, but I think she looks better here than she has in a while, and I find the gloves an adorable little nod to her days as the mainstream pop princess.

17. Jess2 January 15, 2012 at 08:17 #

oh eww those gloves are hideous. the dress is awesome and her hair and makeup is great. not sure about the lace cape. I can’t get past the gloves though