Jennifer Lawrence In Viktor & Rolf – 2012 People’s Choice Awards

Yay…Jennifer Lawrence makes a long awaited returned to the red carpet.

She didn’t disappoint as she arrived at the 2012 People’s Choice Awards wearing a Viktor & Rolf Spring 2012 dress.

Her electric blue mesh dress with a swirling detail though-out appears to have a nude underlay unlike the version worn by the model on the runway.

Jennifer let the dress do all the talking by only adding black Sergio Rossi ‘Boidea’ peep-toes and Jack Vartanian earrings.

She completes the look with a ponytail and smoky eyes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Demi Lovato In Marchesa - 2012 People's Choice Awards

Demi Lovato In Marchesa – 2012 People’s Choice Awards

Kristen Bell In Valentino - 2012 People's Choice Awards

Kristen Bell In Valentino – 2012 People’s Choice Awards

28 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Viktor & Rolf – 2012 People’s Choice Awards

1. Laura January 12, 2012 at 04:45 #

This dress is great editorially or even a red carpet not for a show. But this didn’t really translate on TV. From the front and back and moving on camera it looked like a wardrobe malfunction. It’s a bit too complicated for television. Beautiful color, though.

• Vicky January 12, 2012 at 13:12 #

Totally agree. It didn’t translate well on TV. I like that she took a risk though.

2. Aline January 12, 2012 at 04:46 #

The color of her dress matches her eyes and just simply looks perfect on her. I really like this look. From what I’ve seen so far, Jennifer and Shay Mitchell are my favorites.

3. kris January 12, 2012 at 04:53 #

shes representing the water district i guess

• noo January 12, 2012 at 13:49 #

not liking this! i know jennifer’s style has always been hit and miss but after last year’s golden globes i have fallen in love her style and i just expected more. her hair isn’t working, maybe a pony tail rather than a bun would have been better. and her eye liner is a bit too much.

4. Jacqu January 12, 2012 at 04:53 #

I saw this and thought, if it was in red it could be Katniss appropriate. She looks lovely, albeit tired/pissed off. Maybe she hasn’t perfected her sexy face yet.

5. PamG January 12, 2012 at 05:11 #

She looks great! I love how the pattern on her pumps plays off the mesh in the dress.

6. LizLemooooon January 12, 2012 at 05:51 #

Yay JLaw is back! Love this girl and I’m glad to see she’s still having fun with fashion and taking risks. She’s one of the best dressed young women out there aside from Emma Stone.

7. Giuseppi Giraffe January 12, 2012 at 05:54 #

Good choice and good styling. This was a terrific collection.

8. Alina January 12, 2012 at 06:00 #

It’s just ok for me.

9. Sam January 12, 2012 at 06:22 #

This is mesmerizing…major points for taking a risk and not being boring. The color looks great on her and after looking at closeups the makeup is perfect!

10. rosie January 12, 2012 at 07:25 #

So in love with this look. She looks a lot like Emily Blunt with that makeup though – not like that’s a bad thing :)

11. Shar January 12, 2012 at 08:15 #

Opposite to most people, this dress looks a lot better in pictures. In motion, it was not pretty at all. Super clumpy and moved terribly. Not to mention her weird expression (actually exactly like this picture, but constantly and in motion).

12. Peter January 12, 2012 at 10:25 #

The runway version does have an underlay if you look closely at the shadows from the top of her thigh to above her knee.

13. Jess2 January 12, 2012 at 10:51 #

I love this, the colour is awesome and the styling works really well. Love the pattern of the detail.

14. Emalie January 12, 2012 at 11:56 #

This is such an amazing dress. Jennifer looks good in it and would have looked even better if she smiled.

From what I can tell the model’s dress also has a nude underlay.

15. TeaAtTwo January 12, 2012 at 13:00 #

I love this look, one of the favourites of the night along with Miley and Jennifer. She totally wears this interesting, modern and elegant dress well. The shoes complement the dress’ design and hair and I like the make up too.

16. bm January 12, 2012 at 13:58 #

is it just me or the dress is kinda similar to stella mcCartney SS 2012?

17. andrea January 12, 2012 at 14:12 #

Love this look, she looks great here! Nice shoe choice.

18. andrea January 12, 2012 at 14:16 #

BTW (I cant believe Im going to say this bc I looooooooove Stella McCartney) but someone should tell her this is how you reinvent paisley

19. chryssa January 12, 2012 at 15:37 #

she looks stunning!classy and sooo mysterious at the same time!

20. AmongstTheStones January 12, 2012 at 15:42 #

I was impressed when I saw this dress on Jen.It is one of my favorite looks from ss2012 season.

21. Rebecca Z January 13, 2012 at 00:41 #

Love it.Didn’t see it on tv but it looks great standing still.

22. Mary Beth January 13, 2012 at 04:48 #

A++ I’m obsessed

23. Elle January 13, 2012 at 19:59 #

She looks wonderful. Wonderful color and styling. I’d like her to finish it off with her warm smile!

24. It would have helped if the dress was 2 inches shorter.

25. EmmaWoodhouse January 14, 2012 at 22:33 #

I appreciate that she’s trying fashion-forward looks but this…not the best way to do it. The swirls and mesh combination disturbs me–lol

26. Jennifer Lawrence Fan January 15, 2012 at 06:03 #

I loved the dress on her! Love the color and fit on her. She doesn’t even need any accessories, the dress speaks for itself.