11.01.12

Jessica Alba went against the grain at Forevermark and InStyle’s ‘A Promise Of Beauty And Brilliance’ Golden Globe Awards Event which was held at the Beverly Hills Hotel last night.

That’s because she opted for a Valentino Spring 2012 dress that didn’t have a summery vibe unlike the other attendees.

Her leather dress with sheer yoke and sleeves was teamed with a forest-green Valentino ‘Rockstud’ clutch and Sergio Rossi black satin ‘Milady’ pumps.

Whilst I like this look, a slick back ponytail and sexier sandals would’ve worked better for me.

Credit: Getty

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Get The Look: Kelly Rowland’s MTV Video Music Awards Mani

Lucy Hale In Cengiz Abazoglu - 2012 People's Choice Awards

Lucy Hale In Cengiz Abazoglu – 2012 People’s Choice Awards

18 Responses to Jessica Alba In Valentino – ‘A Promise Of Beauty And Brilliance’ Golden Globe Awards Event

1. CTgirl January 11, 2012 at 21:07 #

Gracious, she looks like the hostess at a prairie S&M club.

• Mol January 11, 2012 at 21:31 #

Hilarious, but true!

2. Kyriaki-Cyprus January 11, 2012 at 21:11 #

Following the link from Twitter, this is definitely not a look I had expected to see. Even though, I’m in a phase of liking black, I completely dislike this one. There is something off with her make up around the eyes too. Thank god for that gorgeous smile of hers.

3. Terry January 11, 2012 at 21:15 #

I don’t know, but a leather dress on the red carpet is always tacky, imho.

4. Nat39 January 11, 2012 at 21:28 #

This doesn´t look good at all, the styling is too mumsy for this edgy leather dress, the whole thing just falls flat for me.

5. molly January 11, 2012 at 21:45 #

This looks more like it belongs in the bedroom than on the red carpet. I dont even think a ponytail could save this one, FC.

6. Magda January 11, 2012 at 21:51 #

Love the dress but not a big fan of her hairstyle… Just doesn’t fit.

7. TeaAtTwo January 11, 2012 at 22:06 #

I was really excited upon seeing the top half but I’m not a fan of the skirt. Some sex shoes were definitely called for.

• Nat January 12, 2012 at 09:39 #

I agree: I like the top half better that the skirt (it would have worked better had it been a plain skirt) and that she should have chosen more interesting shoes.

But what bothers me most here is here makeup. All that white around her eyes!

8. Isa January 11, 2012 at 23:52 #

She looks like she forgot and just grabbed the first thing that came to her hands. She is or was soooo good. But lately, she lacks style, truly. So sad… She has better clutches, shoes and hairstyles, in my opinion…

9. elaine2 January 12, 2012 at 00:50 #

Generally I think black on the red carpet indicates a person would prefer not to be noticed. Not sure if that applies in this instance…..?

Anyway, I think this dress begs for some footwear with buckles and some sort of ATTITUDE. Yeah, and FC, you are right something different with the hair would be supreme.

Overall, I do like this dress – it could be styled better, though!

10. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2012 at 02:04 #

Little house on the prairie gone edgy! Not a good look. :O

11. doc January 12, 2012 at 02:32 #

Wow, I really hate this dress. A leather prairie skirt??? Mesh sleeves???? What is that crap on the shoulders? Man this is a flop.

12. Alina January 12, 2012 at 07:20 #

God, this is bad !

13. Val January 12, 2012 at 11:03 #

You’re all right plus I don’t like as I didn’t like Marion Cotillar in that hideous leather dress.
    Love the new site FC! Love from Paris!

14. Li January 12, 2012 at 11:48 #

I would have preferred this so much more had it not been black leather.

15. Binkie January 12, 2012 at 13:06 #

WTF?! Not a good look at all. If you’re not going to make the effort… stay at home.

16. bianca January 14, 2012 at 23:32 #

I never imagined her in a leather dress,I think she’s the opposite of a bad girl, Angelina Jolie, that is.She looks a bit tired here.Her baby is only 5 months old, after all