Rooney Mara In Dion Lee – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Rome Photocall

Earlier today Rooney Mara attended a photocall for ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ in Rome, Italy.

She continued her dark minimalist style by donning a Dion Lee Fall 2012 dress.

The leather sleeveless dress with cut-out details at the waist and an A-line skirt features two of her signatures; black and cut-out details.

Her look was teamed with grey suede Pierre Hardy suede platform peep-toes.

Blunt bangs were adorned with a black headband which is also becoming a signature piece to her red carpet look.

Minimal make-up provided the finishing touch.

How do you feel about yet another black dress?

Jennifer Aniston ‘I don’t really care that much’ over it?

Or Salma Hayek ‘make this promo tour end’ over it?

Credit: DionLee.com & Getty

Nicole Richie’s Miu Miu Python-Effect Leather Pumps

Nicole Richie’s Miu Miu Python-Effect Leather Pumps

Jenna Ushkowitz In 6 Shore Road - 2012 Fox All Star Winter Press Tour Party

Jenna Ushkowitz In 6 Shore Road – 2012 Fox All Star Winter Press Tour Party

17 Responses to Rooney Mara In Dion Lee – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Rome Photocall

1. Hermione Weasley January 9, 2012 at 22:43 #

This has got to be my least favorite look of her. But she *finally* wore red for the Italian première!

2. TeaAtTwo January 9, 2012 at 23:00 #

Maybe it’s just because I really enjoyed the film and books but I’m still interested. Once this tour is over she needs to get colour in her wardrobe palette pronto.

3. Gigi January 9, 2012 at 23:00 #

She’s different from the others… I don’t know what it is, but she seems a bit quirky and in her own space.. and I love it! The hair, her clothes, they all seem to be perfect for “her”. Fun!! She’s doing her own thing… and it fits perfectly with the movie.

4. TeaAtTwo January 9, 2012 at 23:01 #

Very few tours could be as frustrating as Salma on her PIB tour.

5. eimear January 9, 2012 at 23:04 #

I think the peep toes make it look at bit tacky, not a hard edge..

6. Nat39 January 9, 2012 at 23:06 #

Her tour feels like a continuous role-playing – they established such a distinctive minimalist colour-subdued style for her in tune with her role in the movie, it almost feels like she is suppressing her own persona in order to keep the role-playing going. Just look at her stale pose – always the same with hands locked in front of her, lost and uncertain of who she really is. Wouldn´t mind seeing at least a little bit of the actress´s own personality injected into those looks.

7. Hermoine January 9, 2012 at 23:06 #

Please make it stop- now

8. Mario January 9, 2012 at 23:09 #

Personally I’ve adored every look so far. I am usually the type of person who loves minimalism on the red carpet so I am truly loving this.
    Plus she makes black look interesting every time she steps on the red carpet so I see no point in making it stop.
    Plus she’s gorgeous.

9. Mary Beth January 9, 2012 at 23:11 #

can she PLEASE get a posing coach?? she looks so uncomfortable which makes it hard for her to really “own” the look. I’m getting tired of seeing her arms hanging right in front of her like this!

• TeaAtTwo January 9, 2012 at 23:30 #

I find it ironic that a girl who plays a kick ass chick is such timid poser on the red carpet. Great acting I guess.

10. Jennifer January 9, 2012 at 23:12 #

She does simple and formulaic/works for her for the photo calls.

I love almost all of her premier choices though. Can’t WAIT to see your reaction to the Rome premier FC!

11. Mol January 9, 2012 at 23:26 #

It’s an interesting dress, and I like her look (the darker look she does so well), but the shoes take the edge of the dress and I don’t like that – for the style she (or her stylist) is going for, every detail must be right.

12. Marybeth January 9, 2012 at 23:42 #

I really like this look.
    I love neutral colors, especially black and white.
    I don’t bore easily. (Hey, I like Jennifer Anniston’s 2348 black dresses!)

BUT…. for some reason, I getting evry tired of this tour. I can’t figure out why.

Maybe Nat39 (above) is right. There’s something rigid, impersonal, and artificial here. I dunno.

13. CTgirl January 11, 2012 at 15:32 #

She crept right over the cliff from edgy to tie me up, tie me down. Not my favorite.

14. Alina January 11, 2012 at 15:38 #

Not my favourite from this promo tour.

15. Jackie January 11, 2012 at 16:56 #

She looks like an awkward adolescent. They grey suede shoes don’t work here. Over the black cut out dresses. Definitely Salma Hayek ‘make this promo tour end’ over it. Jennifer Aniston looks good in black at least…

16. taksi January 11, 2012 at 17:02 #

Wish the shoes were different.