06.01.12

Maybe Rooney Mara Will Usher In A ‘Dark Minimalist’ Red Carpet Revolution?

If her glam squad’s intention is to shock and awe—they’re succeeding. In a good way of course, as Rooney Mara is quickly becoming a breath of fresh beauty air.

Mara exudes this sophisticated, edgy, seriously chic energy brought forth through her amazing red carpet style, complemented by her bare-bones approach to beauty.

Dare we say it—we even fancy the fringe! Yes, it’s harsh, but it happens to be the pièce de résistance that contributes to her successfully standing out in the crowd.

Isn’t it great to see someone not try to be something they’re not?

Everyone can’t be blonde, bubbly, and tanned to perfection; The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo actress takes the road less traveled with her look—and we wish a few more starlets would follow suit.

Who would you like to see tone down their look on the red carpet? —India-Jewel Jackson

, , ,

Get The Look: Natalie Dormer's Emmy Award Defined Eyes

Get The Look: Natalie Dormer’s Emmy Award Defined Eyes

Rooney Mara In Dion Lee - ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Rome Photocall

Rooney Mara In Dion Lee – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Rome Photocall

20 Responses to Maybe Rooney Mara Will Usher In A ‘Dark Minimalist’ Red Carpet Revolution?

1. Giuseppi Giraffe January 6, 2012 at 11:10 #

I would not like to see her tone it down- I think she does the dark glamor look without coming across like an Elvira wannabe crossed with an 80s rock star(ahem, Kristin Stewart). It would nice, though, if she wore more peices like the Rodart she wore to the Madrid premiere the other day. I love her new look, but it’s getting a little repetitive.

2. Rahel January 6, 2012 at 11:51 #

I have to be honest. I hate it. I think that they’re trying to make her look like her character from the film. I don’t have a problem with her being pale but her makeup is adding to it. She looks like a ghost and I don’t think that’s pretty.

• AW January 6, 2012 at 15:09 #

I agree 100%. This girl is a dud.

3. Betty Brandenburg January 6, 2012 at 12:04 #

I think it’s fabulous, this minimalist look. It doesn’t really matter whether one likes the fringe or not, it works. Very refreshing change from all the ruffles, sequins, frills we see 90% of the time on the red carpet.
    She’s the princess of minimalism (the queen’s obviously our Tilda)

• India-Jewel January 6, 2012 at 13:49 #

All hail Queen Tilda! +1

4. The Dame January 6, 2012 at 12:13 #

I am absolutely SICK of seeing her everywhere!

• India-Jewel January 6, 2012 at 13:49 #

LOL @ The Dame–she is everywhere! Let’s see what happens when the movie dies down.

5. wilwarin January 6, 2012 at 12:45 #

I like the look, but what bothers me with her is that it seems fake, and all this look is created by stylist, it’s like she’s stuck in her movie roll, like this softer and polished version of libeth… i would really like to see little bit of her, little bit of her personality…

• India-Jewel January 6, 2012 at 13:56 #

I agree–her personality is quite hard to read. More time in the limelight and a few more interviews will tell us more about her.

6. roxana January 6, 2012 at 14:29 #

i like her

7. TeaAtTwo January 6, 2012 at 14:34 #

The Kardashian’s next makeover? ;)

8. Jess2 January 6, 2012 at 14:44 #

I really like her minimalist look becuase we really get to see Rooney and her natural beauty has room to shine – her eyes are so beautiful. I don’t love her blunt fringe all the time but there have been some occasions such as her white Givenchy Couture look where she really makes it look awesome. While her hair is repetitive it is not something that we can really fault her on as it is mostly out of her control – mate, it is going to take some adjusting when she gets to grow her hair out lol.
    I appreciate that Rooney and her stylist are taking the road less travelled as you pointed out India-Jewel. Thanks for the post :)

9. Alina January 6, 2012 at 15:43 #

Her eyes are stunning.

10. Linda January 6, 2012 at 16:01 #

all this look is created by stylist
    whats new?

• Chloe January 6, 2012 at 18:50 #

Linda, I’m sure if you had the money she had, you would too hire a stylist… Mist of the stars use them, but the stylist can’t force you to wear something you don’t like. Kardashians have stylists but their style is a total overload.. Everything depends on the type of person you are, not the stylist

11. Regina January 6, 2012 at 17:40 #

I hate her haircut. She looks like Spock from Star Trek

12. NooG January 6, 2012 at 18:43 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE. Totally excited to attempt to do this for myself. Hope other starlets follow suit! :)

13. goldfish January 6, 2012 at 18:59 #

i love her – she is gorgeous! can’t wait to see more from her.. loved her in the movie also btw

14. Vee January 6, 2012 at 19:34 #

Idk if IA that she is trying to be something she is not…she has an awkward hair cut bc of the film, she isn’t tan bc of the film…this is all bc of the film…doesn’t seem authentic in the least.

15. cartouche January 9, 2012 at 22:53 #

she just seems so manufactured and insincere that i don’t like her. without her playing lisbeth i think her style would be very boring and vanilla