Rooney Mara In Michael Kors – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’

I guess Rooney Mara wasn’t in the people pleasing mood as she donned yet another all-black look for ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Berlin premiere this evening.

On this occasion she wore a Michael Kors Pre-Fall 2012 gown which was recently presented.

Her black gown with a rise and fall hemline and a cut-out leather detail was paired with black patent Nicholas Kirkwood peep-toes.

Despite fact that I’m dying for her to wear something other than black, I have to once again give her credit for making this minimalist look work for her.

She’s so mysterious that she leaves me wanting more.

Once again her hair, with a simple black headband, and makeup are flawless, but I think her stylist needs to give her just a pop of colour.

A Swarovski emerald embellished clutch would’ve been my choice.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anna Wintour's Oscar de la Renta Printed Silk Shift Dress

Anna Wintour’s Oscar de la Renta Printed Silk Shift Dress

Steal Her Style - Chloe Moretz’ Leather & Lace

Steal Her Style – Chloe Moretz’ Leather & Lace

41 Responses to Rooney Mara In Michael Kors – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’

1. Saray January 5, 2012 at 22:00 #

Love it! It’s perfect for her.

2. Linda January 5, 2012 at 22:08 #

boring

3. JacobGH January 5, 2012 at 22:08 #

Oo I agree, emerald clutch would have perfected the look but she looks stunning here nonetheless

4. Sea January 5, 2012 at 22:16 #

i’m loving almost every one of her red carpet looks lately! flawless! i don’t mind the all-black at all. :)

• Chloe January 6, 2012 at 18:57 #

me tto. She is still obviously trying to stay in her mysterious charecter and it wors. Loved every look so far

• Chloe January 6, 2012 at 18:57 #

5. Andrea January 5, 2012 at 22:17 #

she´s wonderful :) maybe a clutch in a pop colour would be great but not for her i think..

6. Yeliz January 5, 2012 at 22:20 #

FC what you said is exactly what I think. She looks great again but why oh why always black, white or grey without any finishing touches? A swarovski clutch would’ve been really welcome.
    But I think I know now why she is only wearing the three colors. I think it’s because of the movie, what I saw so far is only black.

7. Nat39 January 5, 2012 at 22:23 #

Glad she opted out of wearing a tough belt or boots but instead softened the edginess of the look with a headband, I like this. Do not think that this look needs a pop of colour or embellished accessory, however, but a more interesting black sandal (esp.considering the beautiful flowy rise and fall hemline) instead of the bland uninspiring peep toes.

• Mol January 5, 2012 at 22:47 #

I think you are spot on in your comments Nat 39, a better shoe choice would have made it all perfect.

8. carmen sandiego January 5, 2012 at 22:37 #

your observations are right on.
    One thought: a pop of color would be nice, but would it work for her (with this particular look)? She has established a definite mood and mystery (as you point out) that I think a pop of color could disturb.

9. Nat39 January 5, 2012 at 22:45 #

Oops, as per my original comment, uncertain about the belt, she should try holding her hands/arms differently for a change, they are positioned the same way every time.

• gabis January 6, 2012 at 01:01 #

LOL, yeah, I noticed that too. I love her style but this woman needs to learn how to pose and behave on the red carpet. She always looks like a scared little kid to me.
      Aside from that, I agree with your previous comment about the belt and the boots. It looks SO much better without it. This is actually one of those rare times when the celebrity style beats the runway/lookbook style.
      The peep toes don’t really bother me but I wish she had completed the look with a gorgeous statement ring and/or bulging lips.

10. Anna January 5, 2012 at 22:51 #

she looks amazing. if any of you have seen the movie that she is promoting you would know that a “pop of color” is completely unnecessary and out of character and mood of the movie

11. noo January 5, 2012 at 22:51 #

this is a marvelous look :D i’m starting to warm up to her style, which excites me for awards season :D

12. anna January 5, 2012 at 22:54 #

Wow! She looks gorgeous!
    i love her (recent) style, even though she wears many dark colors .

13. Magda January 5, 2012 at 23:29 #

She looks flawless (as most of the time last time), but I think she could choose more interesting shoes – these are pretty nice, but this dress is perfect showcase for edgier pair.

14. TeaAtTwo January 5, 2012 at 23:54 #

For now I’m interested by her looks through her changing styles, texture and lengths.

• TeaAtTwo January 5, 2012 at 23:56 #

I can’t fathom why anyone would style the dress (or most outfits) with those boots.

15. Hannah January 6, 2012 at 00:34 #

I agree, a pop of colour would be divine, but she is always interesting, she does black like no one else that I can think of. I am really interesting in what she will wear next, because while the colour is predictable (even though I really want colour), and the dresses are usually very sleek, angular & with interesting cut outs, she never feels déja vu. Also kudos to her for making me not loathe a mullet dress.

• Linda January 6, 2012 at 02:13 #

Well said, Hannah, she certainly does black like no one else. She always looks impeccable.

16. Giuseppi Giraffe January 6, 2012 at 01:04 #

I really like it, but she’s starting to look the same at every event. Edgy, black, crisp, with some stark cut out details. Very chic, but there are other ways to look like a beautiful tough girl.

• maria January 6, 2012 at 16:39 #

i agree. her edgy look is starting to get boring. I hope she surprises us during the award shows with some ball gowns or something different, because right now as good as it looks it is starting to be same old, same old.

17. CocoBirdie January 6, 2012 at 01:24 #

I agree about the clutch, especially because she seems like she needs something to do with her hands.

18. asherlev1 January 6, 2012 at 01:28 #

The thing is – this totally works her (despite my being iffy on the headband) individually, but as one in a series of toned down looks – kind of boring? Come on, Rooney!

19. Marybeth January 6, 2012 at 01:30 #

I’m not crazy about the dress, but she looks okay.
    For that perfect blend of simple and edgy I MUCH prefer the Miu Miu she wore earlier.

20. EmmaWoodhouse January 6, 2012 at 01:35 #

I don’t really like this dress, but she’s pulling it off…the only problem is that I am SO tired of her all black or neutrals/with cut-outs/edgy looks. I thought the softer Rodarte look was a winner, but this is…meh.

21. Parvati January 6, 2012 at 01:50 #

I thinks she looks perfect here! I would also like to see a pop of colour in her outfits, but her darker looks are really nice, so I don’t mind the lack of colour. I also loved her Berlin photocall outfit, so I’m glad she chooses looks that make her look that good.

22. susan January 6, 2012 at 07:32 #

Gorge. Ous. Would have been perrfect with a more interesting pair of sandals and, like you said FC, a good choice of clutch.

23. Amberly January 6, 2012 at 08:44 #

This is so boring and reminds me of the Chloe dress Leighton Meester wore. If Rooney Mara appeared to have more of a personality (see: Emma Stone), I think she could work the heck out of this dress but she reminds me of an ice queen. Really cold and too much ‘tude.

24. Amberly January 6, 2012 at 09:02 #

**Chloe dress that Kate Bosworth wore

25. Fiona-Brasil January 6, 2012 at 09:02 #

This haircut doesn’t do anybody any favors let alone her.Sorry but I don’t share your enthusiasm for this girl, she is boring , and by dressing what she thinks Lisbeth would dress she lost herself.

26. Dora January 6, 2012 at 12:04 #

It’s only january and I already consider her one of the nominees for best promo tour of the year. She’s has been flawless. I just love how she doesn’t go over the top and stays true to her style. I don’t even mind she doesn’t wear lots of colours. (And that comes from someone who, just like Fashion Critic, adores colour.)

• Fashion Critic January 6, 2012 at 12:20 #

Agreed

At least she’s not Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie boring with it

• Jess2 January 6, 2012 at 14:54 #

Definitely agree, fabulous promo tour!!

27. lee January 6, 2012 at 13:55 #

i think a colored clutch would interrupt whatever dark and mysterious thing she’s got going on. and i love that!

28. Suz January 6, 2012 at 14:47 #

Black or not, I love this look. I think the dress is great, and I really like the headband. I think this is my favorite look from her thus far.

29. Jess2 January 6, 2012 at 14:51 #

I love love love this, this dress was one of my favourites from the collection and Rooney looks fab!! I think the emerald clutch would have made this pure prefection but I don’t even care that this is another all black look.

30. Alina January 6, 2012 at 15:20 #

I love it!

I agree with you, FC. She wears black and white a lot but she is NOT boring (like Jennifer or Angelina).

31. Chiara Popalopa January 6, 2012 at 15:38 #

I think you guys like it because of the whole black goth style… If she was blonde , everyone would have found her style to be super boring. It’s just the image she sells that people like but there is nothing that great about it.

32. Emi January 6, 2012 at 17:57 #

Gorgeous dress, but I think she often looks lifeless.