Pace Wu In Lela Rose – Barbie Taiwan Promotion

On Wednesday Pace Wu was on hand to help Mattel promote Barbie in Taipei, Taiwan.

The model/actress was very pretty in pink wearing a Lela Rose Resort 2012 dress.

Pink Christian Louboutin suede pumps and a pink Barbie bag accessorized her look along with Swarovski earrings.

Normally I don’t mind sugary looks, but even I have a toothache looking at this.

I get that she’s promoting Barbie, but she took the sugar sweet look a step too far. I’m also not a fan of the side-swept ponytail.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sidewalk Style - Lady Gaga In Stéphane Rolland Couture

Sidewalk Style – Lady Gaga In Stéphane Rolland Couture

Jennifer Love Hewitt's Torn by Ronny Kobo Jovia Heart Sweater

Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Torn by Ronny Kobo Jovia Heart Sweater

15 Responses to Pace Wu In Lela Rose – Barbie Taiwan Promotion

1. Linda January 3, 2012 at 13:51 #

She looks just perfect to promote Barbie. In any other setting, it would be way too much, but for the occasion, it’s adorable.

2. Alina January 3, 2012 at 14:08 #

BAD.

3. CTgirl January 3, 2012 at 14:36 #

This looks like the Tooth Fairy threw up. After downing a bottle of Pepto.

4. AW January 3, 2012 at 14:52 #

It’s appropriate for the occasion but I would say dress or bag or shoes but NEVER all 3 together

5. Jess2 January 3, 2012 at 15:07 #

Her look really suits the occasion but I get the way too sugary feel, the shoes and bag together with the dress is just too much. More neutral accessories would have been better. The dress is cute but I don’t like the hair that much, it looks really messy.

6. Elaine2 January 3, 2012 at 16:58 #

LOL……….you are hilarious, FC!

7. Rebecca Z January 3, 2012 at 17:41 #

Yep–she looks just like Barbie, Asian style. It is a very pretty dress, but this is way too much.

8. jeny January 3, 2012 at 18:50 #

idon’t have somthing els to say but she looks pretty any way i don’t like the bag

9. EmmaWoodhouse January 3, 2012 at 19:34 #

I know I’m in the minority, but I think it’s kind of cute :) Pink overload, but totally fun!

10. pam January 3, 2012 at 20:00 #

Just like real Barbie accessories, the purse is way out of proportion. A smaller bag and some not so pink shoes would improve this look.

11. Aline January 4, 2012 at 00:49 #

I actually agree with you. I think it’s cute. And I even like the hair.

12. Nat39 January 4, 2012 at 05:17 #

Loving her hair, it really flatters her face and works perfectly with the overall playful sweet look. Don´t mind the carbs´ overload on this occasion as it´s totally done for the sugar-sweet event while still working perfectly for Pace´s natural delicate doll appearance. The only thing I´d add to this look is perhaps a thin silver belt to break up the pink of the look and define her waist a bit more.

• Erin McGould February 17, 2012 at 15:40 #

Great Idea! As I just bought this dress yesterday in Dallas to wear to a fancy luncheon in Palm Beach, FL where I am one of the honorary chairwomen.
      If I do find the perfect skinny silver belt, what color shoes & handbag?
      What if I do a neutral shoe, belt & bag – maybe all Jimmy Choo?
      I would NOT have bought this dress if I weren’t tall (5’9) as this dress could very well wear YOU if you know what I mean. I also think you could only wear this in a few places as its quite a number. The event I am wearing it to in early March at The Breakers Hotel is attended by more than 600 ladies who lunch- so one must push the envelope. I would appreciate all comments good and bad. Erin

13. manja January 4, 2012 at 10:17 #

bag is too much,but i like everything else,and is event apropriate

14. Nat January 4, 2012 at 10:36 #

I’m not a big fan of girly-girl looks in the first place, but this is definitely too much. Even her skin seems to match the pink of the dress and the accessories.
    Plus, I hate when celebrities promote something and are so didactic: being at a Barbie event doesn’t mean you actually have to dress up like one.
    The dress by itself is really pretty, though.