23.12.11 Best Of

Most Improved 2011 – Kirsten Dunst

Kirsten Dunst didn’t have a makeover of any sorts, but there was something very different about her this year.

We noticed it during Cannes Film Festival as she was more polished; everything about her was more refined and elegant.

Did she get a new stylist? Is she in love?

We don’t know what she did, but this ‘invisible makeover’ did wonders for her.

Credit: Getty

Best Newcomer 2011 - Elizabeth Olsen

Best Newcomer 2011 – Elizabeth Olsen

Cameron Diaz' 3.1 Phillip Lim Belted Structured-Satin Playsuit

Cameron Diaz’ 3.1 Phillip Lim Belted Structured-Satin Playsuit

16 Responses to Most Improved 2011 – Kirsten Dunst

1. Jennifer December 23, 2011 at 13:06 #

Thank you for covering her (I can’t remember if she was on the voting list or not). I love that you showcased two of her looks that were my favorites – the Derek Lam was in my top 15 looks of the year!

SO excited to see your top 10!!!

• Jones19 December 24, 2011 at 12:13 #

That Derek Lam gown was perfection!

2. Martin December 23, 2011 at 13:12 #

Kirsten has been looking quite fabulous this year. I think it probably has something to do with her overcoming her personal demons. She has suffered from depression in the past (an ailment which no doubt informed her astonishing performance in Melancholia this year) but I get the impression that she is well and truly on the mend. Her whole demeanour seems to have changed and this is reflected in the way in which she presents herself on the red carpet – she looks healthy and happy and has given given us quite a few gorgeous looks this year. Fingers crossed her run continues well into next year.

• Jones19 December 24, 2011 at 12:14 #

Yep too true, she’s been overcoming her demons as you put it. Also she’s been with a guy that’s seems to be very good for her, he’s very much into clean living, eating right and such…it seems to agree with her :)

3. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ December 23, 2011 at 13:29 #

Agreed! Thank God she’s finally back on track!

4. laura December 23, 2011 at 13:53 #

Absolutely agree! She has become someone that I really look forward to seeing photos of. Her makeup and hair are always so on point too–I really love that she tries new things all the time.

5. june December 23, 2011 at 13:54 #

she’s overcome her demons, is in a good movie, maybe gotten a new stylist or a new interest in fashion again and seems to have magnificent, bouncy blonde hair 24/7. i’m glad things are working out for her :)

• Mol December 23, 2011 at 15:43 #

I’m glad too, she’s one of my favorites so I hope her health and happiness runs on into 2012!

6. mm December 23, 2011 at 16:16 #

Love Kirsten

7. Raquel December 23, 2011 at 19:08 #

Agreed, she did really well and was glowing everytime.

8. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2011 at 19:27 #

Kirsten is awesome! Her style is chic, interesting, and totally her own. That Derek Lam is simple perfection. God bless her!

9. Alina December 24, 2011 at 08:15 #

That Derek Lam look was outstanding.

10. Carolina Roq December 24, 2011 at 17:20 #

Even her movies are better.

11. SugarnSpice December 29, 2011 at 11:25 #

Absoutely stunning collection!

12. Tahj January 3, 2012 at 00:00 #

I have always loved her style. The white gown should have been in the top 5 looks of the year.