23.12.11 Best Of

Best Newcomer 2011 – Elizabeth Olsen

Elizabeth Olsen made her major red carpet debut during Cannes Film Festival whilst promoting her new movie, ‘Martha Marcy May Marlene’, wearing two looks from her sister’s line, ‘The Row’.

From the moment the fresh-faced beauty came on the scene, she has become a darling on the red carpet.

Thankfully she doesn’t share her older sister’s love for oversized, shabby chic, preferring a more sophisticated classic style, wearing designers like Erdem, Chanel, Valentino and Calvin Klein.

Runner up: Hailee Steinfeld

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Teen of 2011 - Elle Fanning

Best Dressed Teen of 2011 – Elle Fanning

Most Improved 2011 - Kirsten Dunst

Most Improved 2011 – Kirsten Dunst

15 Responses to Best Newcomer 2011 – Elizabeth Olsen

1. CTgirl December 23, 2011 at 12:40 #

I dig that this is a girl, who looks like a girl rather than a stick figure, who is not afraid to try different styles. I adore the look in the center.

2. msd December 23, 2011 at 13:33 #

I didn’t much like her in Chanel when I first saw it but I actually like it now. Also, glancing through her previous looks, she has the most beautiful smile, which is refreshing for an Olsen sister!

3. laura December 23, 2011 at 13:54 #

She is so incredibly elegant and confident. I can’t remember one misstep from her this past year.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 23, 2011 at 14:19 #

She’s growing on me. I want to be sure part of it is not the novelty of seeing a smiling Olsen, with some meat on her bones, in clothes that fit her frame normally. Of the three, I only really like the first look.

5. mm December 23, 2011 at 16:18 #

Nope not loving this award. She looks older than her sisters and i am not feeling her redcarpet style. Jennifer Lawrence was my choice

6. Isa December 23, 2011 at 16:32 #

:( For me she is the worst newcomer!! She looks like she’s over 30.. I don’t like that… much prefer Chloe Moretz, Hailee and specially Elle Fanning and Jennifer Lawrence.

7. Nat39 December 23, 2011 at 18:11 #

Going for a certain classy style is nice but what she really needs to learn is how to dress for her body as most of her choices weren’t figure-flattering enough.

8. Vee December 23, 2011 at 18:32 #

i don’t get her…are we giving her extra credit bc her sisters tend to look a hot steaming mess? None of these dresses flatter her figure in the least.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2011 at 19:28 #

She’s OK but I can’t believe she won! I voted for Hailee Steinfeld–would have followed that with Jessica Chastain, Elle Fanning, Jennifer Lawrence…just don’t get this girl. The Valentino is nice but the other two looks don’t work at all! :(
    Hailee all the way!

10. Liz December 23, 2011 at 21:15 #

That Chanel she wore is one of the WORST outfits I’ve ever seen. I can’t even make myself like it.

11. Alina December 24, 2011 at 08:22 #

I like her style. I loved her Valentino look.

12. Jones19 December 24, 2011 at 12:15 #

I voted for Hailee Steinfeld because I often find that Elisabeth’s looks are illfitting, she was my runner up though :)

13. Luis December 26, 2011 at 19:45 #

I don’t like her style “boobs on the floor”!! All dresses are so unflattering on the boob part, they look flat and drooping!

14. Angelika December 28, 2011 at 19:19 #

Her style and especially the looks that you have picked remind me of the roaring 20s, don’t you think??

15. Tahj January 3, 2012 at 00:01 #

Amazing actress, curvier than her sisters, and I love that she has Katharine Hepburn and Diane Keaton as her fashion icons.