23.12.11 Best Of

Best Dressed Teen of 2011 – Elle Fanning

Elle Fanning was voted the Best Dressed Teen Star of 2011.

This was no easy feat with many teen stars heavily competing – and, in Chloe Moretz’ case, pouting – on the red carpet to steal her crown which she’s held since bursting onto the scene last year.

Her style choices reflect that she is still in no hurry to grow up, opting for stylish, classic choices from Rodarte, Valentino and Chanel, whilst still opting for younger, fun looks by Opening Ceremony, Marc by Marc Jacobs and D&G.

As she’s still only 13-years-old, she still has plenty more years to dominate this category.

My favourite look is still her Marc Jacobs Resort dress followed by that adorable Valentino Couture look at the Met Gala.

Runner up: Hailee Steinfeld

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 - Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 – Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer 2011 - Elizabeth Olsen

Best Newcomer 2011 – Elizabeth Olsen

14 Responses to Best Dressed Teen of 2011 – Elle Fanning

1. Alina December 23, 2011 at 12:04 #

She’s adorable!

2. Martin December 23, 2011 at 12:07 #

No way. So many of Elle’s red carpet appearances (not to mention Dakota’s) this year just merged into one indistinguishable soft pink/ivory/nude/beige mass of banality. The hits, like the floral romper in the middle above, were few and far between.

Hailee, even when she got it wrong, showed more range for me and sported what was probably one of the most influential red carpet gowns of the year in the form of the Prada striped gown she wore at this year’s SAG Awards. For that, she got my vote.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 23, 2011 at 14:22 #

I do think Hailee was more interesting. She was also incredible in an ivory Prabal gown, perhaps at the AA’s.

• Mol December 23, 2011 at 15:49 #

I liked Hailee best too…

• EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2011 at 19:35 #

Hailee should have won in my opinion! I like Elle a lot but Hailee’s Golden Globes Prabal and Oscars Marchesa (which she helped design!) made her the winner in my eyes!!!

3. jo December 23, 2011 at 12:13 #

Too bad Hailee Steinfeld didn’t won. I like her style much better, despite the fact that she had few inappropriate looks.

4. Nat December 23, 2011 at 12:17 #

Personally, I’m in love with Hailee Steinfeld, but Elle is adorable. And her looks are ALWAYS age-appropriate, which can’t be said for many other teen-fashionistas (I’m looking at you, Chloe Moretz). What is most remarkable is that, at just 13 years old, she already has a trademark (ethereal, sweet but not too cutesy, young) style.

5. CTgirl December 23, 2011 at 12:36 #

The Fanning girls tend to wallow around in pastels. It would have been great for Hailee Steinfeld to win. Maybe next year.

6. Dianna December 23, 2011 at 13:11 #

Horrible choice. Chloe Moretz should have won. Or maybe Steinfeld but definitely not Elle. She has a horrible fashion sense.

7. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ December 23, 2011 at 13:26 #

I would have given it to Hailee Steinfeld, but Elle has amazing style too! I love how fashion forward and fearless she is on the carpet!

8. Lucía December 23, 2011 at 15:02 #

I think any 13· year old girl in heels is in a rush to hurry up and overdressed, no matter what else she’s wearing.

9. Vee December 23, 2011 at 18:33 #

What? No Jenners? lol–kidding. But I do like Hailee better. she seems fun…idk what it is about blonds who insist on wearing colors that wash them out.

10. Liz December 23, 2011 at 21:16 #

Hailee would have been my choice. Elle tends to look better off the red carpet.

11. Carolina Roq December 24, 2011 at 17:23 #

I love Hailee. She’s so gorgeous and still so young. She will become one striking beauty.