22.12.11 Best Of

Most Consistent 2011 – Diane Kruger

The one thing we admire most about Diane Kruger is that her style is all her own.

She never fails to deliver each time she hits the red carpet.

The German actress is rarely on any ‘Who Wore It Better?’ poll because she makes an effort to stand out from the Hollywood clones.

She continues to be experimental by bringing new designers to the red carpet like Alessandra Rich and No.21, whilst staying true to her favourites, Chanel and Jason Wu.

My personal Diane Kruger highlights this year were her Jason Wu Met Gala dress and short suit.

Runner up: Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

Credit: Getty

Estelle's Diane von Furstenberg Shino Dress

Estelle’s Diane von Furstenberg Shino Dress

Kourtney Kardashian's Valentino Tall Boots

Kourtney Kardashian’s Valentino Tall Boots

23 Responses to Most Consistent 2011 – Diane Kruger

1. Mario December 22, 2011 at 13:03 #

Exactly my point. There are very few women (or none?) that can compete with Diane when it comes to always looking amazing both on and off the red carpet.

2. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 22, 2011 at 13:03 #

She is a joy to watch. I literally gasped at that last ensemble. Breathtakingly beautiful in its flawless execution and simpicity.

• Hannah December 22, 2011 at 17:56 #

Sh really is, I am never not excited to see her, she always brings something new, from the Elie Saab couture to the Calvin Klein gown to the more masculine looks to that stunning chanel haute couture pink gown which was one of my favorite looks of the year, and, IMO, deserved a place on the BDOTY list.

3. frommdq December 22, 2011 at 13:05 #

i still dream about that alexandra rich´s mint green dress with the orange belt.

4. Alina December 22, 2011 at 13:09 #

She had some great looks this year but IMO, Rosie deserved it.

5. Martin December 22, 2011 at 13:12 #

Spot on FC. Diane Kruger has had a great year, delivering red carpet hit after red carpet hit. She has the body, she has the fashion nous and she has the connections in the industry to ensure that every look is a memorable one.

Ironically enough, my favourite look of the year from Diane was the Chanel Haute Couture dress she wore to the Sidaction Gala Dinner back in January (http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/01/28/diane-kruger-in-chanel-sidaction-gala-dinner/). This look actually did appear on a “Who Wore It Better” poll against Charlotte Casiraghi, who wore it to the Monaco Royal Wedding. And didn’t Diane show her who really is red carpet carpet royalty in that match up? Flawless.

6. sandra December 22, 2011 at 13:12 #

Alessandro dell’acqua is one of the most underrated designers today, anyone giving him love is A+ in my book

7. Lexa December 22, 2011 at 13:14 #

Diane totally derserves it!
    I love those looks you posted, but i also adore her great Gucci black and gold dress, the Giambattista Valli mini dress, Elie Saab gown and beautiful Chanel looks: the purple, the white and the pink one… Love that woman :)

8. Tanize December 22, 2011 at 13:19 #

FC, I know it’s almost Christmas and you are still doing a lot these last two days, but I was thinking…

Next year you could do a list with The best look of the girls we adore. Because it’s hard to get into the 10 BDOTY list and some of the girls we see almost every week don’t get to the final lists. I mean something like the best look of the year from the girls who showed up here at least 15-20 times during one year. Do you understand?
    I don’t know if I’m making any sense, but I just wish I could know which is your favourite look of girls like Michelle Williams, Leighton Meester… And I don’ think they will make it to the final list, at least not this year.
    Sorry if I am too confused or too demanding ;-)

9. Anne G December 22, 2011 at 13:20 #

Diane Kruger = red carpet perfection

Question : Stylist or no stylist ? IF no, she’s my hero

• Fashion Critic December 22, 2011 at 13:23 #

no stylist

• Tish December 22, 2011 at 20:15 #

No stylist??? FC, serious?

Wow, that is impressive!

Blake who? ;)

• EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2011 at 02:13 #

Diane is red carpet royalty! She and Cate Blanchett are two of my fave stars–I don’t always like what they wear but the way they wear it is awesome! Such confidence.

10. Janet Snakehole December 22, 2011 at 14:51 #

Completely agree. Diane is perfection. That Alexandra Rich mint gown will forever remain in my memory. Incredible.

11. Linda December 22, 2011 at 14:54 #

sad she cant act for save her life
    party and party…
    good movie? NO!

• frommdq December 22, 2011 at 15:11 #

haha! If she could act like she can dress… was good in inglorious basterds, though

• Anne G December 22, 2011 at 15:35 #

What is sad now is that fashion is more important than being a good actress.
      More clothes, less talent.

12. CTgirl December 22, 2011 at 16:20 #

She is always intersting and elegant as a red carpet participant.

13. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ December 22, 2011 at 19:25 #

Yes, Diane definitely deserves the most consistent award! She just continues to impress year after year! I’ll never get tired of her style!

14. Mol December 22, 2011 at 20:42 #

I wish I had gotten to your polls in time F.C. – I forgot that my evening time is your morning time, next year i’ll get it right! Anyway I loved almost everything Diane wore this year so I’m really happy your readers voted her most consistent – she is one of my fashion idols for sure!

15. Carrie December 23, 2011 at 01:23 #

She’s amazing.

16. Sue Jin December 27, 2011 at 23:00 #

She is def one of my favorites!

17. Tahj January 3, 2012 at 00:04 #

WIth Diane Kruger it’s just not fair. She can wear ANYTHING and everyone will rave about how stylish it is. If someone else were to wear some of the crazy stuff she does, they would be bashed. This lucky girl looks good in anything.