22.12.11 Best Of

Fashionista Of 2011 Award – Olivia Palermo

Olivia Palermo was your fashionista of the year.

She wasn’t part of the original choices, but you used the other option to cast your vote for the stylish New Yorker.

Even though some of you either don’t know who she is or don’t get the appeal, Olivia travels the world over in the name of fashion, and this year she became a style blogger.

She has collected many standout accessories along the way which instantly make a £40 Topshop dress look incredibly stylish, but her best accessory is always boyfriend Johannes Huebl.

Olivia has so much style that Stuart Weitzman commissioned her to create a shoe for their ‘Hollywood Cares’ collection.

She caused a stampede at Zara, as fashion lovers rushed to buy her floral print dress and her yellow Topshop dress sold-out online the very day she wore it.

Her favourite brands this year were Topshop, Charlotte Olympia and Giambattista Valli.

Runner up: Anna Dello Russo

Credit: INFPhoto & Getty

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 - Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 – Lupita Nyong’o

Best Maternity Style of 2011 Award - Jessica Alba

Best Maternity Style of 2011 Award – Jessica Alba

24 Responses to Fashionista Of 2011 Award – Olivia Palermo

1. mm December 22, 2011 at 11:03 #

I am glad we were all insync on this one. She deserves this award!!

2. Martin December 22, 2011 at 11:10 #

Thank heavens Olivia took this award over the insanely overrated and increasingly ridiculous Anna Dello Russo, the novelty of whose looks is well and truly wearing off. Olivia is possessed of elegance and polish and her looks are, without fail, executed beautifully. Some may contend that she looks too contrived or that her choices lack major imagination and vision (criticisms which do have some merit I think) but she manages to convey a fresh and fashion-forward image without looking like a fashion victim which, given the proliferation of street style photography, is becoming an increasingly difficult thing. Kudos to Olivia. A well-deserved award.

3. Alina December 22, 2011 at 11:12 #

Couldn’t agree more.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 22, 2011 at 12:55 #

+2 and I love the extra effort of gleaming hair and polished makeup.

• maria December 22, 2011 at 15:27 #

same here. I voted for her too. I feel she has an innate elegance and very very rarely missteps.

4. Vanessa December 22, 2011 at 11:16 #

haha i voted for her but i didnt even think many others would too. i guess it goes to show she really does have impeccable style! thank you so much FC for such an amazing year, you and your amazing blog make my mornings :)

• Fashion Critic December 22, 2011 at 11:17 #

thanks Vanessa x

5. demi December 22, 2011 at 11:38 #

She definitely earned this, she always looks absolutely incredible! Amazing style, always keeps it chic and never goes over the top!

6. marie December 22, 2011 at 11:43 #

what i like about olivia is that although she does have access to some of the world’s top brands, she still wears a lot of high-street choices which actually makes her more relatable

7. Deni December 22, 2011 at 11:48 #

i agree.. but in all honesty.. where does she get the money to buy these clothes? are they borrowed? olivia palermo is not a household name.. still don’t know how she became popular other than her scandals trying to climb the social ladder.

• Fashion Critic December 22, 2011 at 11:51 #

gifts and loans.

• deni December 22, 2011 at 19:36 #

Figures.. credit card debt is of the essence. and plz stop calling olivia a celebrity..

8. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ December 22, 2011 at 12:18 #

Olivia is amazing! If I could raid any celeb’s closet, I’d probably choose hers. Her bags and jewelry are just to die for!

9. Mario December 22, 2011 at 12:58 #

Oi, I knew there was something missing on that list. I voted for Shala but Olivia would’ve been my choice if I had thought of her at that moment.

10. lola December 22, 2011 at 13:45 #

I cannot for the life of me understand it…she is incredibly pretty and insanely skinny…but stylish?! on what planet…

11. Lori December 22, 2011 at 15:50 #

I think we on this website have an eye for who has innate style and who has an innately stylish stylist. This girl has innate style and she deserves this award! Long live OP!

• lola December 22, 2011 at 19:22 #

That’s maybe true and then we alsø have different opinions!

12. Lori December 22, 2011 at 19:36 #

HA! I didn’t see your comment before I wrote. I respect your opinion, Lola. I think OP is like cilantro. People either love it or hate it. I’m on team LOVE.

13. Martin December 23, 2011 at 01:06 #

Congratulations Fashion Critic. Linked at The Cut again!

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2011 at 09:33 #

thank you.. how lovely x

14. Carrie December 23, 2011 at 01:39 #

Not sure if fashionista of the year, but I definetely like her style.

15. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2011 at 02:18 #

I voted for Ulyana Seergenko. Olivia’s had some good looks, though.

16. jani December 29, 2011 at 15:58 #

well deserved. I think her style is flawless.

-Jani

17. Tahj January 2, 2012 at 23:57 #

I see her daddy’s money helped get her a good publicist so that she could make her career out of showing up at events when she’s a nobody. Olivia Palermo is the epitome of what I hate in a celebrity today. Her style is nothing special. She just copies 70s Diane Keaton and Bianca Jagger.