Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge won your votes wearing a sleek black velvet Alexander McQueen strapless gown to The Sun Military Awards this week.

This was my third favourite look from Catherine this year, following her Alexander McQueen wedding gown and her gorgeous Jenny Packham gown.

Jennifer Hudson was my favourite wearing The Blonds to the VH1 Diva event.

Her multi-coloured crystal-encrusted gown and perfectly complementary sandals was a real diva moment.

Diana Ross would be proud.

Credit: Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Rachel Weisz In Alexander McQueen - ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Madrid Premiere

Rachel Weisz In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Madrid Premiere

13 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen & Jennifer Hudson In The Blonds

1. JacobGH December 22, 2011 at 10:18 #

I also voted for J-Hud. She really impressed me with all of her looks at the Divas concert including that red corset mini-dress that so many people seemed to hate.

• Jones19 December 22, 2011 at 18:43 #

I voted for her too, that dress is divalicious!

2. Behold_MJW December 22, 2011 at 11:07 #

Oh Yes Jennifer Hudson looks stunning in this Dress, A real Diva.

3. Nadine December 22, 2011 at 11:55 #

The Duchess’s got my vote. Honestly, this is the first time EVER I actually can see that royal, graceful, stunning charisma coming out of her, radiating. My jaw fell when I first saw this. The kind of glamor only a true princess can give. Almost as gorgeous as Princess Diana used to be.

4. Penè Lenìerè December 22, 2011 at 11:59 #

Am i dreaming. I thought this poll would stay here for a whole 2 or 3 days and i would log in to see who won.BDOTY my hero. Good thing i voted early

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 22, 2011 at 13:01 #

Somehow I missed this. Both pitch perfect for two very different events.

6. Jess2 December 22, 2011 at 14:11 #

I am so glad you chose Jennifer Hudson! I thought she looked so lovely and at the event I feel like she was trying sifferent things with the more sparkly outfits which is both perfect for the event but really shows her versitility with this being different to her Michael Kors looks for example. I enjoy that she is still playing around and really loving her new body.

7. Shaina December 22, 2011 at 14:58 #

I agree with your choice of Jennifer Hudson. She was my favorite this week. She looks beautiful!

8. Linda December 22, 2011 at 14:59 #

Yay!! JHudson!

9. allieh December 22, 2011 at 16:09 #

My favorite of kate’s is the belted avender gown she wore to that LA event

10. GGG December 22, 2011 at 17:37 #

I just love Kate’s support of UK designers. She’s efforlessly beautiful. And always appropriate, without being boring.

11. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2011 at 02:21 #

Both beautiful. I voted for Fan in Valentino but almost died when I saw Kate’s glam look–unbelievably gorgeous. She is not boring at all to me! 100% class!

12. Ednalinda Pittman March 11, 2012 at 00:34 #

I vote for kate looks so class and yes they are both beautiful.