Lea Michele In Jenny Packham – ‘Watch What Happens Live’

Lea Michele and Chris Colfer appeared on the ‘Glee Season Finaleglee’ of ‘Watch What Happens Live’ with Andy Cohen on Monday night.

The two stars revealed that they are both huge fans of the ‘Real Housewives’ series and were excited to announce that ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ star Nene Leakes will be making a guest appearance on an upcoming episode of ‘Glee’.

Lea was all dressed up as we’ve come to expect, wearing a micro-mini Jenny Packham Fall 2011 dress.

The black-and-gold sequined mini dress with a sheer neckline appears to be even shorter on Lea than it is on the model.

Strappy Christian Louboutin ‘Balota’ sandals completed her look.

How did she manage to sit through an interview with a dress that short?

Credit: NYmag.com & TwitPics

Fan Bingbing In Valentino - 'My Way' Tokyo Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Valentino – ‘My Way’ Tokyo Premiere

The Net-A-Porter International Sale Starts TODAY

The Net-A-Porter International Sale Starts TODAY

29 Responses to Lea Michele In Jenny Packham – ‘Watch What Happens Live’

1. Martin December 21, 2011 at 12:53 #

Shorter than the model’s version? Only Lea. And given that Glee’s ratings have taken a nose-dive this season, I can only imagine that her get-ups will get more and more desperate in the new year. This looks cheap. Plain, unadulterated, straight-down-the-line cheap. Cheap.

• Linda December 21, 2011 at 13:05 #

Apparently so if they’re relying on a Real Housewives “star” to be a guest star. That can’t bode well for the state of the show. I agree, this dress looks cheap and desperate.

• Valeria December 21, 2011 at 14:15 #

Cheap and desperate are absolutely right adjectives

• Emi December 22, 2011 at 08:29 #

I agree, also, she looks like a transvestite.

• CTgirl December 21, 2011 at 13:09 #

+1, cheap, cheap, cheap . . .

• EmmaWoodhouse December 22, 2011 at 03:13 #

You NAILED it, Martin! I totally agree. Her looks have gone from bad to worse!

2. Jones19 December 21, 2011 at 13:23 #

It looks like the sheer part on the bottom has been hacked off, why oh why? It’s already short enough!

3. Molly December 21, 2011 at 13:25 #

Looks like the dress was just folded up to make it shorter. They lost all the detail on the bottom, which is the most interesting part. I would guess that had they stuck with the original length, it STILL would have appeared to be a short dress because of that nude sheer part. Don’t understand why anybody would style this way. (And off-topic, but was this picture taken in a supply room or behind somebody’s interior office desk?! Very odd setting.)

4. Emma December 21, 2011 at 13:33 #

Try hard! It looks skanky and cheap the girl needs a lesson in class and propriety

5. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ December 21, 2011 at 13:43 #

I agree that the dress is too short, but other than that I think it’s beautiful! I’m really starting to like Jenny Packham’s designs!

6. AW December 21, 2011 at 14:07 #

(In Lea Michelle voice) Look at me! Look at me!!!!!

It’s too short and just silly considering that guests on WWHL actually have to sit down.

Someone save this girl.

• Anne G December 21, 2011 at 16:43 #

You’re bad but it’s true

• andrea December 21, 2011 at 17:07 #

7. Raquel December 21, 2011 at 14:41 #

Honestly, I don’t think the dress is shorter than the runaway version, they hacked off the sheer part, but they lenghtened the sequined (?) one. Leah’s version is more modest than the one the model is wearing.

I don’t see a problem with the length; celebrities from Jennifer Aniston to Jennifer Hudson have done talk shows with equally – and more form fitting – dress than this one. I’m sure that if I search through the old archives I will find loads of examples that didn’t get half of the flack Leah gets for this.

The worst thing about this look is the hair.

• JacobGH December 21, 2011 at 16:03 #

Yeah, it doesn’t seem that short to me? The “desperate” and “try-hard” comments are a little over the top…

• andrea December 21, 2011 at 17:09 #

JacobGH, there is a history behind the reader’s comments. Lea Michele has been trying too hard all year long and we’re fed up :-)

• andrea December 21, 2011 at 17:23 #

I agree Raquel – however, Jennifer Hudson has worked hard to slim down her figure so her wearing short dresses is forgiveable. Jennifer Aniston is in her 40s and has the body of a 25 year old, her wearing short dresses is foregiveable. When you’re a fledgling actress and your show isn’t getting the ratings it used to, dressing like this screams “desparation!!”

• Nat39 December 21, 2011 at 18:45 #

I`m pretty sure that Lea`s dress is actually slightly longer and at least looks like a very short mini dress while the one on the model looks more like a top.

• Nat39 December 21, 2011 at 20:16 #

Oops, looked again, I think it`s pretty much the same length, didn`t take the sheer hem on the model into consideration. And yeah, I don`t think this is nearly as bad, “cheap and skanky” as most commenters seem to think.

• gurlygurl December 21, 2011 at 23:49 #

I love her shoes… both dresses are very short but I think you can get away with certain things on the runway that just don’t translate well to the “real world”. The problem with the dress on Lea is that the dress looks like it sits right below her bottom and doesn’t allow for any movement without a wardrobe malfunction.

8. robbie December 21, 2011 at 14:51 #

this girl is trashy, she actually makes jennifer lopez and rihanna look classy.

dare i say it, but her legs really arent all that anyway so why constantly show them off.

• Ade December 21, 2011 at 17:22 #

Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna are trashy? The dress is quite short but I wouldn’t call her trashy.

• Marie December 23, 2011 at 19:45 #

This girl likes dressing trashy, but we know nothing about her personal life that makes her “trashy”. And I personally think her legs are great. She might show them off to distract from her looks, which she could possibly insecure about. Or she’s really just that confident in her skin.

9. Mick December 21, 2011 at 14:52 #

This screams skanky ice-skater to me. She’s quite talented, why does she always have to try so hard to get everyone’s attention? On the other hand, I covet her shoes, and Chris Colfer looks adorable.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 21, 2011 at 16:00 #

+1. Skanky ice skater…just the adjective I was looking for. Sometimes Lea gets it right….she was stunning just last week in Valentino.

• Pete December 22, 2011 at 02:43 #

That was a totally different kind of event. For a ” party” show it was fine.

10. Nat December 21, 2011 at 17:44 #

“How did she manage to sit through an interview with a dress that short?”
    LOL! Does anyone have a picture of her sitting in this dress?

Actually, I feel equally uncomfortable about the upper and the lower part of this dress: geez, that sheer neckline sits too low. Even if it’s “covered” by a sheer panel, there’s still too much cleveage here.
    Add that to the shortness of the dress, and I feel like I don’t know where to look!

11. TeaAtTwo December 21, 2011 at 22:24 #

I think she should mix it up and wear something around knee length. She seems to either go very short or long.

12. Mary December 22, 2011 at 02:42 #

You are all so judgement. It is an AFTER PARTY show. She look good and has great leg, more power to her , show them off.