Fan Bingbing In Valentino – ‘My Way’ Tokyo Premiere

I couldn’t let the year end without at least one more Fan Bingbing red carpet look.

For the ‘My Way’ Tokyo premiere she was radiant wearing a Valentino Resort 2012 gown.

Her off-the-shoulder print gown with delicate ruffled details is far more flattering than her previous press conference gown.

What’s most interesting about this look is that Fan is wearing the gown back to front.

On the model the ruffles are at the back, but on Fan they are at the front.

Some of you dare to say that this woman is boring. She’s far from it.

A half-up, half-down hairstyle, Cartier jewels, including an emerald ring, and a beautiful coral lip colour completed her look.

She can do quirky, she can do princessy and she can do effortlessly pretty. I can’t wait to see more from her in 2012.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Karolina Kurkova In Salvatore Ferragamo - Salvatore Ferragamo Private Dinner

Karolina Kurkova In Salvatore Ferragamo – Salvatore Ferragamo Private Dinner

Lea Michele In Jenny Packham - ‘Watch What Happens Live’

Lea Michele In Jenny Packham – ‘Watch What Happens Live’

36 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Valentino – ‘My Way’ Tokyo Premiere

1. Linda December 21, 2011 at 12:45 #

Yes, i think she’s boring.

• AW December 21, 2011 at 14:10 #

She’s definitely boring but that’s not my issue with this look. This is yet another dress (counting the Suzanne Sugarbaker neglige from yesterday) That makes her complexion look strange, kinda like old milk, it’s not flattering and that’s aside from the fact that the pattern on the dress is a ugly imo.

• Levi December 27, 2011 at 14:14 #

OMG you guys are really haters, trying to pick bones out of an egg.

2. Martin December 21, 2011 at 12:46 #

Wearing the dress back to front doesn’t make a particularly big difference to the way that I view this look because apart from relocating the ruffles to the front, the line of the dress remains largely the same. Having said that though, I think Fan Bingbing looks undeniably lovely here. Sometimes I find her a little stiff and wax-like I must admit, but here she is excuding a naturalness and a grace which is quite beguiling. A very impressive end to 2011.

3. Nadine December 21, 2011 at 13:00 #

The proportion here is a little wired, because from waist down her body part seems too long as if she’s standing on some extremely high platform shoes. Still it’s not fresh enough for me.

4. Jerusa December 21, 2011 at 13:00 #

I agree with you FC, she’s very far from boring, the girl can do ANYTHING and always looks flawless and beautiful! She changes her hair sytle and make up very often, you can’t say the same about other celebs *cough, cough Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie, Nicole Kidman* with the same hair style for more than 10 years!!

• Billie December 22, 2011 at 01:34 #

I agree, she changes her hair stayle very often.
      It is not “She’s definitely boring”. It is we feel bored of her.

5. Linda December 21, 2011 at 13:08 #

She does look lovely.

6. CreoleLady December 21, 2011 at 13:21 #

Well, at least it is not Saab, so that’s different. I rarely like her “quirky” looks because she invariably adds just one more thing or wears those horrible Daffs. She does look very nice, very Bingbing here.

7. Jones19 December 21, 2011 at 13:25 #

She looks nice but samey, that’s why I think people call her boring.

8. Quinn December 21, 2011 at 13:25 #

i agree with your last paragraph FC. i don’t get why people call her boring. and when it comes to her, somehow people always complain on how she present the look very different from runway. i actually love the fact that she always presents a look in her own way. (eventhough sometimes the runway version is better)

she look very pretty here! and i too can’t wait to see more of her in 2012!

9. Alina December 21, 2011 at 13:30 #

FLAWLESS !

10. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ December 21, 2011 at 13:45 #

I agree.. So far from boring! And this is a gorgeous dress!

11. D December 21, 2011 at 14:05 #

gorgeous

12. Raquel December 21, 2011 at 14:43 #

Gorgeous.

13. Moxie December 21, 2011 at 15:16 #

Fan Bingbing is far from boring. She is often mixing things up and coming up with outlandish outfits. This isn’t one of her more interesting looks, but I always look forward to seeing pictures of her on the red carpet.

14. Lori December 21, 2011 at 15:54 #

I absolutely love this. And I’m searching for off the shoulder dresses online right now inspired by this. AMAHZING.

15. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 21, 2011 at 16:02 #

I adore it on the runway. Im just not seeing the same dress here. Lovely hair and makeup.

16. spiky December 21, 2011 at 16:12 #

she’s so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from boring!only blind people said shes boring LOLLLLLL

17. Porsyen December 21, 2011 at 16:25 #

People if you think she’s boring i think you should get a minus glasses!SHE’S a true fashion icon!she’s so experimental and gorgeous she’s unlike the most boring alexa freakin chung who always wear the same style and hair *rolling eyes* love fan so much!

18. Vidhya December 21, 2011 at 17:11 #

i think the back in front was a brilliant idea.. it changes the way the gown sits on her.. and it is very flattering! Love the gown. Simple but far from plain!

19. Nat39 December 21, 2011 at 18:14 #

“Effortlessly pretty” – best way to describe it. Very lovely, pretty, romantic, that`s what she does best. Loving her hairstyle.

• Aline December 21, 2011 at 20:25 #

20. Tish December 21, 2011 at 18:19 #

FC, does FAn have a stylist or no? Something I wondered for a long time.

Also, I wonder if she actually buy the clothes or get them on loan.

She is far from boring, that I agree with.

• Fashion Critic December 21, 2011 at 18:22 #

yes I believe so

21. DanDan December 21, 2011 at 18:52 #

She has definitely been the most consistent on the red carpet this year she’s been effortlessly beautiful on almost all of her red carpet events throw in to the mix her quirky appearances and shea defo been amazing this year bring on 2012

22. Lola December 21, 2011 at 19:57 #

Her looks always look like she or someone put far too much effort into them… she also wears colours that are wrong for her complexion. She completely lacks umph… There is no visible substance about her- and yes she is very boring… No amount of expensive gowns or styling can hide it…

23. Jess2 December 22, 2011 at 03:06 #

I agree with you FC she is so versatile. She gets it wrong (imo) sometimes, as does everyone but she showcases amazing designers and pieces and tries new things, like wearing this Valentino back to front. I think she looks lovely here. I look forward to seeing her in 2012

• gurlygurl December 22, 2011 at 12:25 #

Agreed! I don’t really appreciate her quirky side but I love it when she’s a princess. She’s consistently graceful and charming…that’s not boring.

24. EmmaWoodhouse December 22, 2011 at 03:15 #

Could her style be any more amazing? As far as I’m concerned, Fan is one of the most stylish, classy, tasteful, awesome people out there! I LOVE this look and pretty much swooned when I saw it. Bring on 2012–especially Cannes! :D :D

25. zeo December 22, 2011 at 04:28 #

Absolutely breathtaking!

26. Sue Jin December 22, 2011 at 07:00 #

she can be bland at sometimes. Shes pretty and the gowns she chooses are gorgeous but there isn’t the oomph or x factor she needs to 150% pull if off the look. Theres nothing wrong with being pretty though.

Ido like this look. way better than her previous ones.

27. Lou December 22, 2011 at 12:18 #

I absolutely love this look… both on Fan and the model!!

28. cat December 22, 2011 at 13:16 #

so beautiful!

29. Lucía December 22, 2011 at 20:53 #

I don’t think she’s boring at all. Some people think that always looking perfect and boring is the same. Not at all!