Blake Lively In Gucci – Smores Charity Cupcake Launch At Sprinkles

Blake Lively was in very good spirits at Sprinkles bakery in New York City on Friday.

That’s because she helped create the ‘Smore’ cupcakes, which will be available at Sprinkles starting January, to help raise money for Oxfam’s Somalia famine disaster fund.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ star wore a Gucci Resort 2012 ensemble.

A gold leather pleated skirt was paired with a white satin sheer blouse with a gold floral accent.

From the ankles up, this is a cute look.

I don’t know what possessed her to add those green Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps; they don’t work for me at all.

Especially when we know what great shoes she has in her closet.

A sleek ponytail and natural makeup provided the finishing touches.

Yay or nay on the footwear choice?

Claire Danes In Reed Krakoff - The View

Claire Danes In Reed Krakoff – The View

Katie Holmes' Clare Viver Messenger Bag

Katie Holmes’ Clare Viver Messenger Bag

42 Responses to Blake Lively In Gucci – Smores Charity Cupcake Launch At Sprinkles

1. rachael December 21, 2011 at 17:16 #

huge nay… the second I saw this look I couldn’t help but think how fun it would have looked with a gorgeous gold/bronze strappy heel

• Ade December 21, 2011 at 17:25 #

+1 I’m just glad she dressed appropriately for the event because with Blake you just never know.

• eimear December 21, 2011 at 17:39 #

yeah definitiely, or a sleek patent black stilletto.. because its a busy look as it is…

• artemis December 21, 2011 at 21:29 #

Agreed! As FC mentioned, there are no excuses when someone has a shoe collection like hers..I can think of thousands shoes which would have been perfect with that outfit…

2. Rebecca Z December 21, 2011 at 17:19 #

The shoes don’t bother me at all–it is winter and its a daytime event. I think the dark green is a nice accent.

• Linda December 21, 2011 at 19:05 #

Me too. I think she looks cute and festive and the green is a nice accent too.

• Martin December 22, 2011 at 00:21 #

Agree. I think the shoes work really well with this emsemble. Best I’ve seen Blake look in a long while.

• Jess2 December 22, 2011 at 01:13 #

I agree, I really like how she is dressed (for once lol) and I think the green is a nicer choice than black. Being an Aussie I also like the idea of green and gold hehe.

3. maria December 21, 2011 at 17:24 #

no to the shoes, but i also find the entire outfit a bit too “on the nose” re the event. It’s like she wanted to match the store….

4. Francois B December 21, 2011 at 17:25 #

The look is so beautiful I don’t mind the shoes :)

• Elaine2 December 22, 2011 at 01:05 #

I liked it, too. Didn’t know those shoes were a dark green they look like black to me. I actually like the runway version with the jacket the best……..but this skirt is absolutely killer!

5. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 21, 2011 at 17:27 #

Agreed FC. Otherwise, pretty and ladylike for a change.

6. Nat December 21, 2011 at 17:29 #

Oh no, “Maniac” pumps!!!
    Oh no, green “Maniac” pumps!!!
    Oh no, green “Maniac” pumps with THIS look!!!
    *bangs head on the wall*

(I think you must have guessed that’s a “nay” from me).

From the ankles up, she looks totally adorable.

• Fashion Critic December 21, 2011 at 17:33 #

i think i got it :)

• EmmaWoodhouse December 22, 2011 at 03:09 #

LOL you said it so well! :D

7. justme December 21, 2011 at 17:30 #

The shoes are the least of her worries imo. That skirt looks like a cupcake wrapper and the gold floral accent screams Christmas decoration.
    And the worst part is that I think she did that on purpose :(

8. Emma December 21, 2011 at 17:53 #

It’s an OK look, except the shoes. But this outfit seems inappropriate for the “event” she’s promoting her cupcakes that will have proceeds going to Oxfam and she’s dressed herself in clothes that would provide clean water for thousands of people!

• Amy December 22, 2011 at 09:33 #

I agree.

• ahot December 23, 2011 at 14:45 #

So is she supposed to dress like a homeless person or what?
      Unless she would go there naked, i fail to see how it´s bad to actually do SOMETHING that will provide relief for the people in need.
      Even H&M´s 50 dollars dresses would be a sinn if i follow you because it´s a lot of money down there in case that you don´t know.
      Give the girl some break, she ain´t no Kardashian on a selfpromoting tour disguised in good deeds sheesh!

9. Slash December 21, 2011 at 17:57 #

I actually like the shoes. I think it’s cute and fun twist to match it with her nail polish :)
    I like her, she always has fun on the red carpet.

10. Thomas Monks December 21, 2011 at 18:10 #

bring back the Loubouitns

11. CTgirl December 21, 2011 at 18:15 #

It’s kind of boring without the jacket and the shoes are meh.

12. Sharade December 21, 2011 at 18:19 #

Really, what was she thinking?! The shoes ruin the whole look for me, such a shame…

13. Annayork December 21, 2011 at 18:20 #

She was trying to match her shoes to her nails.

14. Jennifer December 21, 2011 at 18:20 #

The green shoes matched her nail polish – I saw that when I saw her picture some where else. I love the look minus the shoes too FC.

Merry Christmas to you FC, and I am so ridiculously excited to see your top 10 – I wrote mine out after going through the Best of Cannes and the whole BDOTW list and only got it down to 12…

Dear Santa, please give us celebs who wear more interesting footwear in 2012. Sincerely, All the RCFA Readers and Bloggers

• Fashion Critic December 21, 2011 at 18:23 #

Amen…and a Merry Christmas to you too x

15. http://whatisthenewblack.blogspot.com/ December 21, 2011 at 18:30 #

Actually I don’t mind the shoes. I think this is a great look from head to toe. LOVE that gold color, super cute!

16. Emi December 21, 2011 at 18:34 #

Nay, with those shoes her outfit seems a uniform of a girl of a japan cartoon… I wonder why she chose those pumps, too, considering all the shoes she has, you’re very right, FC. I guess the reason is that she needs to ruin her outfits, one way or another.

17. Sabrina December 21, 2011 at 18:35 #

She looks overdressed to me.

18. Luis December 21, 2011 at 19:19 #

Yay, she tries to look like a cupcake! ;)

• Jones19 December 22, 2011 at 00:38 #

I think she was trying to dress like a cupcake too and I actually like it :D

19. Hannah December 21, 2011 at 19:22 #

I loe the look, which is so rare for me. I don’t hate the shoes too, too much, becuase given that she’s wearing a gold pleated leather skirt (bonus points for festivity) it could have become very tacky very fast, but there are a million more choices she coudl ahve made, with, as you said, that amazing shoe closet of hers. Her hair is also pretty tragic, but I guess that’s a given with Blake most of the time.
    I know that Blake loves baking, from a blgo post I read on Bakerella, which is really refreshing, so the cupcake, I imagine, will be yummy”

20. Aline December 21, 2011 at 20:29 #

This look is way more of a Serena Van der Woodsen look than a Blake look. It seems that she came right off from the GGs set. But anyway, I actually love it. Especially the golden skirt.

21. Ben December 21, 2011 at 21:34 #

I actually LOVE the green pumps, the compliment the green nail polish without being too matchy-matchy. To Be honest, I’m just thankful she didn’t add tights or a blazer to this look, so colour me ipressed!

22. TeaAtTwo December 21, 2011 at 22:05 #

I like this look, she points for not looking trashy or try hard. The shoes are could be less heavy but I like the choice of colour, the green of shoes and nails tie nicely in the colours of Gucci AW12.

23. gurlygurl December 21, 2011 at 23:39 #

The dark pumps work on the model with the dark jacket on Blake it’s not the best choice but ankles up she looks adorable.

24. EmmaWoodhouse December 22, 2011 at 03:10 #

Except for the shoes, I think this a cute look for Blake–the skirt is adorable and it’s not desperate or tacky at all! Bravo!

25. bewie December 22, 2011 at 07:18 #

i don’t like the look for so many reasons. too much fold and she looks like a teacher here

but thumbs up for the good cause

26. bascent December 22, 2011 at 14:52 #

nay…maybe something nude would have been better!

27. Carolina Roq December 22, 2011 at 15:17 #

So sweet!

28. Vee December 22, 2011 at 17:28 #

disagree…i think the shoes are appropriate

29. Lucía December 22, 2011 at 20:55 #

Well, I think they could have been better, but they don’t bother me to much, I still think it’s a good look