Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Elle Fanning or Fan Bingbing

Back in June, Elle Fanning wore this Marc Jacobs Spring 2012 dress to the 2011 Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards.

Her beautiful aqua-blue floral embroidered dress was teamed with coral Chanel peep-toes.

The makeup-free teen opted to wear her hair back in a simple low bun.

Fan Bingbing wore the same dress in pink last week to the press conference of her new movie, ‘My Way’.

The Asian beauty matched her lip colour to her dress and added a red waistband.

Had she opted to wear the dress with better shoes, she would’ve been my winner, but, as Elle was head-to-toe perfect, she wins for me.

If you can’t make up your mind, click on the image above to see more pictures of these ladies wearing their Marc Jacobs dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nicole Richie's Winter Kate Tilapia Blouse

Nicole Richie’s Winter Kate Tilapia Blouse

Paula Patton In Emilio Pucci - ‘Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol’ New York Premiere

Paula Patton In Emilio Pucci – ‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol’ New York Premiere

13 Responses to Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Elle Fanning or Fan Bingbing

1. Linda December 20, 2011 at 10:04 #

I prefer Elle’s more asymetrical hemline and her coral shoe combo. I don’t really like the dress on Fan, especially the shoes.

2. Martin December 20, 2011 at 10:32 #

I’m kind of torn here – I am attracted to the more conventional silhouette (cinched waist, straight hemline) on Fan Bingbing but those shoes are just horrid. Elle, however, seems to be swimming in the dress a little and her hemline appears messy to me, even though her shoes are better. Fan got more right than Elle, so Fan it is.

• Nat December 20, 2011 at 11:05 #

That’s exactly what I think, too.

I hate Fan’s shoes (the day when these hideous superplatform pumps will go out of style will be a happy day for the fashion world) but I like the fit much better on her.
      Plus, even if that colour is beautiful on Elle, the dress looks too messy, with the asymmetrical hemline and all.
      So Fan it is.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blogger) December 20, 2011 at 13:44 #

• Carolina December 20, 2011 at 14:52 #

+3. I also like the pink on Fan Fan. Elle looks washed out and swimming in her dress. However – as an aside – I feel as if Fan has been phoning it in lately. She doesn’t look happy or something.

• Tessa December 21, 2011 at 15:46 #

Isn’t the hemline supposed to be messy as it is on the model? I just love that colour on Elle.

3. The Dame December 20, 2011 at 11:49 #

Elle Fanning, I hate pink and that pink is particularly garish and the clunky Louboutins ruin it for me also. Elle’s dress is classy.

4. The Dame December 20, 2011 at 11:49 #

ps: altho Elle could were some make up, she looks exactly how I did at 7yrs old.

5. Catherine December 20, 2011 at 14:02 #

Elle..it’s pretty and perfect on her..and i prefer her shoes!

6. DC December 20, 2011 at 15:40 #

I picked Elle for sentimental reasons. She is dressed “appropriately for her age”. No makeup, shoes like you will see on girls her age. So thumbs up to her stylist for making her look like normal kid

• Raquel December 21, 2011 at 15:37 #

Agreed, though I miss a belt to give the dress some definition at the waist.

7. Nat39 December 20, 2011 at 18:43 #

Fan wins for me as I much prefer the pink on her, the softer more relaxed hairstyle with such a delicate dress, the waist-defining belt.
    Elle`s dress is too big for her, should`ve been adjusted/shortened for her size, the colour washes her out, and her hair shoud`ve been softer.
    Dislike the shoes on both.

8. jani December 29, 2011 at 14:45 #

I vote for Fan. She over all looks more sophisticated and chic.

-Jani