Rooney Mara In Rodarte for Opening Ceremony – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Following Rooney Mara’s appearance on ‘The Today Show’ yesterday morning, she also made a guest appearance on ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’.

The young actress wore a Rodarte for Opening Ceremony Fall 2011 dress.

Her Scandinavian-inspired two-tone A-line cold-shoulder dress has a ercu high-neck yoke.

Prada ankle-strap wedges and soft makeup including light pink lips completed her look.

I love that she swept her bangs on this occasion, as it has instantly softened her face.

Her stylist is on fire at the moment. I love the romanticism for this Edwardian-meets-Lolita dress.

You can buy Rooney’s Rodarte for Opening Ceremony dress is mustard from farfetch.com and her Prada wedges from Saks.com.

Credit: Refinery29 & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Miranda Kerr In Wes Gordon, Ruth Wilson In Balenciaga, Zachery Levi in Reiss & Armie Hammer In Ermenegildo Zegna

Best Dressed Of The Week – Miranda Kerr In Wes Gordon, Ruth Wilson In Balenciaga, Zachery Levi in Reiss & Armie Hammer In Ermenegildo Zegna

Sonam Kapoor In Victoria Beckham - ‘Superstar Santa’ Launch

Sonam Kapoor In Victoria Beckham – ‘Superstar Santa’ Launch

24 Responses to Rooney Mara In Rodarte for Opening Ceremony – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

1. Martin December 20, 2011 at 10:41 #

Adorable – the perfect blend of sweet and severe.

2. CreoleLady December 20, 2011 at 10:51 #

I just can’t warm up to this young woman’s red carpet style. I don’t think Rooney has the presence, sass, attitude, that certain something that transforms a look from something she wore into something she is. Maybe she will someday. She bores me now. Makes me wonder how she will be in the movie. Also, I do not care for the nonstop black or white or black/white combos.

• J December 20, 2011 at 13:03 #

I agree. Not digging her style at all. She also needs to do something with those weird bangs.

• Amy December 20, 2011 at 14:27 #

+1.

• Shaina December 21, 2011 at 16:10 #

Agree completely.

3. Nat December 20, 2011 at 10:55 #

What I like about her promo tour is that with a few looks she already became very “recognazible”. Each look is homogenic with the other; actually, if you think about it, you could put together all of her last 5 or 6 looks and make a collection out of them.

On the other hand, this same thing can easily become a bad thing, in terms of repetitiveness. The line between “that’s her trademark look, great!” and “this is so deja vu, boring!” is thin.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blogger) December 20, 2011 at 13:37 #

+1 and she is starting to straddle it.

• maria December 20, 2011 at 20:31 #

i totally agree. this dress would have been perfect with the mustard colour. So you have still a construction that fits your style but you vary the colour a bit.

4. robbie December 20, 2011 at 11:08 #

not liking this. she has a few high notes but its all the same boring a$$ black or white.

5. Emi December 20, 2011 at 12:14 #

I don’t like the high neck, it reminds me of sporty clothes, for some reason. The shoes are too heavy and I don’t like the barely there make up.

6. Henrique December 20, 2011 at 12:42 #

Boring as usual but finally she’s smiling

7. Linda December 20, 2011 at 13:02 #

black/white combo again
    boring

8. Alina December 20, 2011 at 13:53 #

Not liking it.

9. laura December 20, 2011 at 14:00 #

edgy pilgrim just isn’t doing it for me this time.

10. AW December 20, 2011 at 14:33 #

Highly overrated this girl. Big no on the dress.

11. Carolina December 20, 2011 at 14:42 #

This is not a good look. Without the top part, the dress is very nice, if not tremendously exciting – nicely cut, interesting bodice. However, adding the faux turtleneck piece is just weird.

As Emi said, it looks sporty. This in itself isn’t a bad thing. Rooney would look fantastic in some 60s retro looks – can you see her in an op-art mini, or something more Petula Clarkish? She’d be adorable!

• Nat39 December 20, 2011 at 18:21 #

The high-neck yoke does feel awkward and out of place with the rest of the dress – it`s something that probably would`ve been described as a case of “stuck together” clothes on a fashion police website somewhere. And while her hair and makeup seem to be working with the overall look, they do not flatter her face whatsoever. Not a good look for her, agree.

12. Mol December 20, 2011 at 15:08 #

I love her, she always looks unique, but agree with everyone that it is time to go beyond the becoming too predictable black and white looks.

13. Hannah December 20, 2011 at 18:16 #

I wish she had worn the msutard, but I guess she is going for black and white right now, so I am impressed by how interesting her stylist is making black. When I first saw the dress I thought of Elle Fanning and Kirsten Dunst, but it works on Ronney too, except the shoes are tragic.

14. Vee December 20, 2011 at 20:05 #

no thank you

15. Verena Hafner - musings of a fashion stylist December 20, 2011 at 22:39 #

I love that you can sense that her stylist really collaborates with her on her looks. She has a say. She cultivates an images and she cultivates it well and she won’t wear any ol’ dress just because it’s pretty. That’s somewhat pretentious but I love that she’s identifiable.

16. Raquel December 21, 2011 at 15:16 #

Really, the like of jewelry KILLS ME. Small studs don’t hurt!

17. Raquel December 21, 2011 at 15:31 #

Lack of jewelry. LACK.

18. Jess2 December 22, 2011 at 01:48 #

I really like the dress, it is so cute but it would have been so cool if she had worn the mustard version of the dress. In considering the earlier post on Rooney’s style evolution this was a very predictable colour choice for her and I would love to see her progress further and incoporate some different colours now that she has progressed from the blush colour palette. Really love her smile