Paula Patton had a surprisingly underwhelming promo tour for ‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol’, but she looked gorgeous at the New York premiere last night.

She wore an Emilio Pucci Spring 2012 dress.

This sexy multi-coloured patchwork-designed long-sleeve embellished mini dress accented with pink feathers is much more like it.

If only she kept up this standard during the majority of the tour, things would’ve been more exciting.

Whilst I like the dress, it does look a tad tight on the bust, but these types of dresses always are.

Purple Christian Louboutin ‘Bambou’ suede pumps completed her look.

To have perfected this look I wish she’d ironed out her hair or worn it back.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Elle Fanning or Fan Bingbing

Who Wore Marc Jacobs Better? Elle Fanning or Fan Bingbing

Rooney Mara In Rodarte for Opening Ceremony - Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Rooney Mara In Rodarte for Opening Ceremony – Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

15 Responses to Paula Patton In Emilio Pucci – ‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol’ New York Premiere

1. Linda December 20, 2011 at 10:06 #

I agree, the dress is too tight on the bust, which is a little off-putting. However, the shoes are not black and overall it’s a nice look that would have been better with hair back and a little less blusher.

2. Martin December 20, 2011 at 10:24 #

I’m seeing faded Las Vegas showgirl here, both on the model on the runway and on Paula. The feathered detail is neither here nor there. If you’re going to do it, go all out or don’t even bother. The squeezed bust just adds to the tacky vibe. If this promotional tour goes on as long as Salma’s for Puss In Boots, perhaps we might get a super-solid look or two eventually. Fingers crossed.

• Nat39 December 20, 2011 at 17:58 #

Def. a tacky vibe`s going on big time with the boobage esp. considering that she chose to showcase legs at the same time – it`s either boobs or legs, not both at the same time, something`s gotta give.
      The way she`s standing awkwardly brings the look further down.

3. Nat December 20, 2011 at 10:58 #

Had she worn black heels with this dress I think I would have committed suicide.
    So YEAH! for the purple shoes!
    The rest of the look is ok, but nothing great.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blogger) December 20, 2011 at 13:42 #

+1. Certainly better. Looks a hair skimpy…would have preferred a little looser and longer.

• Hannah December 20, 2011 at 18:14 #

Her hair always looks really greasy at the top and uber curly towards the bottom, which is a little bizarre to me, like one of thsoe scary barbie head dolls that you, by you I mean a four year old, do the makeup on and the hair. Her shoes (and that’s all) have been great this promo tour.

4. Katie December 20, 2011 at 11:10 #

I just love how she smiles in every pic. So over sexyface!

• Linda December 20, 2011 at 13:23 #

Yes, me too. A smile goes a long way.

• Alina December 20, 2011 at 14:16 #

Me 3. I looove her smile.

5. Ade December 20, 2011 at 11:19 #

I see dancing with the stars costume.

6. CTgirl December 20, 2011 at 11:46 #

Dear Paula,

Your stylist is out to get you. The proof is in the outfits you keep wearing on the red carpet. You have the potential to be so much better than this. Just remember, we are here to help you break away from the destructive relationship with your stylist. Call us . . .

7. Carolina December 20, 2011 at 14:47 #

Part of the problem here is her stance. She looks awkward, and that detracts from her overall appearance. Perhaps she’s not yet feeling comfortable on the red carpet? Otherwise – yes, up a size, turn down the volume on the hair half a notch, add something-something a bit edgy. She’d look amazing in something more classic.

8. Rebecca Z December 20, 2011 at 15:08 #

Agree that it is a little overdone, but she looks sensational. And she is having fun which is a welcome change from the bored or over dramatic pout that so many of these folks display. Love the shoes.

• Jess2 December 22, 2011 at 01:36 #

+1, completely agree

9. Rosie December 24, 2011 at 19:42 #

This is the one dress out of all the Spring 2012 collections I wish had been saved for Leighton Meester and seeing Paula in it has broken my fashionista heart, oh God!
    While she does look great, Leighton would’ve given her edgy take on it, ugh I’m annoyed!