20.12.11 Premiere

Katie Holmes joined husband Tom Cruise for the first time during this ‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol’ promo tour.

Remember when he used to drag her everywhere?

For the New York premiere she wore a navy polka-dot dress from her Holmes & Yang creation.

Whilst the dress isn’t too bad, it is tres boring for a young woman like Katie.

Factor in the tights and the Lanvin satin pumps and I’m glad she stayed at home for this tour.

Hair and makeup wise, she’s flawless.

Credit: Fame Pictures & Getty

Sandra Bullock's Christian Louboutin Bibi Platform Pumps

Sandra Bullock’s Christian Louboutin Bibi Platform Pumps

Virtual Gift Cards From Net-A-Porter, theOutnet & Mr Porter

Virtual Gift Cards From Net-A-Porter, theOutnet & Mr Porter

23 Responses to Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – ‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol’ New York Premiere

1. Fiona December 20, 2011 at 12:25 #

There always seem to be too many elements in the looks from the Holmes & Yang range. Flounces, sheer yoke, puff sleeves, polka dots …. they don’t go together very well and the dress does not seem very well cut. I think she made a little more effort than normal, but it is still rather underwhelming for me.

2. Mahima December 20, 2011 at 12:27 #

I think without the tights and a pop of colour from her shoes would have made this look come alive.

3. Ade December 20, 2011 at 12:29 #

Gretchen Wieners has a better chance of making “fetch” happen than Katie trying to make her “Holmes and Yang” happen. It’s like stale bread and I want nothing to do with it. The face does look flaw free so I’ll give her that.

• ahot December 20, 2011 at 19:57 #

lol @ stale bread. So true!

• maria December 20, 2011 at 20:35 #

so true. to think she is so beautiful and rich and has access to the best designers and she chooses to wear her own frumpy designs?
      The fault is of the sycophants who apparently made her believe that she has real talent.

4. LOLA December 20, 2011 at 12:36 #

She’s so boring!
    I want to put her in some Versace!!

• Jess2 December 22, 2011 at 02:16 #

+1 – so boring!

5. Martin December 20, 2011 at 12:43 #

Given that this is her first appearance on the red carpet with Tom on this promotional tour, you’d think that Katie would opt for something a little more interesting and more impactful than this sorry excuse for a red carpet look. The dress itself is lovely, but much more suited to an office function or low-key cocktail party. I understand her desire to wear something from her own label but why not something with a little colour or a little drama or a little, um, anything? She’s making a late run for the snooziest red carpet look of the year with this ensemble.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blogger) December 20, 2011 at 13:28 #

+1 completely. It’s almost a detriment. Tom can use all the good press he can muster.

• Alina December 20, 2011 at 13:48 #

• Hannah December 20, 2011 at 18:08 #

Entirely what I was thinking. The dress itself is dull, but she, IMO, is makign it duller. It immediately reminded me of a dress Kate Bosworth wore recently, which I think wsa Valentino, but she looked so much more itneresting than this.
      You can also completely see her bra through it.

6. Barbs December 20, 2011 at 14:21 #

The styling is all wrong, she looks like an old lady :s

7. Elaine2 December 20, 2011 at 16:41 #

LOL, great comment about how it’s good she hasn’t been out much. This dress is a complete flop. That necklace, ewwwwwwwww.

I read somewhere that she talks to Victoria Beckham for fashion advice. I seriously doubt VB would suggest this! LOL.

• ahot December 20, 2011 at 20:02 #

The only time she wowed was when she was VB´s bestie! Then the fame got to her head & she thought she could “design “too. smh, just a hotmess

• Fashion Critic December 20, 2011 at 20:03 #

agreed.

She needs to hang out with VB more. Those were Katie’s best days

• Elaine2 December 21, 2011 at 01:04 #

Considering Katie Holme’s income level, you would think she could do much better than this. I mean, c’mon – I could do better than this and I don’t have millions at my disposal. I completely agree with Ahot that Katie Holmes is a hot mess. Her fashion sense is absolutely TRAGIC.

8. Jones19 December 20, 2011 at 17:41 #

I love her makeup and hair, those are the only good things about this look.

9. karen December 20, 2011 at 18:23 #

Even though this look is far better than her usual get ups, its still so boring to me. The only good thing about this look is that she doesn’t look like she’s trying too hard like the other times. I never understood why so many people call her a fashion icon. Baffles me everytime.

10. molly December 20, 2011 at 21:19 #

This would have been super cute if she lost the tights and if the dress actually fit. I love her hair and makeup though.

• gurlygurl December 20, 2011 at 22:56 #

Agreed, the dress is simple but cute. It’s the fit and accessories that are a disaster.

11. Valeria December 21, 2011 at 01:40 #

I hate sheer yokes, but sometimes they work (Ralph Lauren on Camila Belle recently). Te dress just seems having poor cut (problem of Zara and H&M but should not be for high-end clothing!) and it’s too much of a good thing-apricot blush-to my liking. Let’s just agree she has poor taste

12. carol December 21, 2011 at 16:18 #

I cant stand the horrible way she poses for the photographers,those legs,,arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

by the way the dress does nothing for her.

13. Jen December 23, 2011 at 00:32 #

I’ve seen this dress have more colour in other shots, but I hate satin shoes, and the extra sheer yoke is really not my taste either. I do like she sheer dotted teal, thought