Jessie J In Falguni and Shane & Mark Fast – VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

Jessie J was the third British singer to hit the red carpet for VH1’s Divas Celebrate Soul event at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City last night.

The singer is well known for her fashion-forward red carpet and performance looks, so we shouldn’t be surprised she opted for this daring Falguni & Shane Spring 2012 gown.

Her extended gown version has all the gold embroidered and embellished details, but with an added black flounced hemline.

Unlike the model, Jessie didn’t go commando, opting for a bikini-style top and high-waist blank panties.

I’m glad she toned down the makeup and allowed the dress to do all the talking on this occasion.

For her solo performance Jessie J wore a Mark Fast Spring 2011 dress.

The black knit dress with rainbow fringed details included fringes sleeves to make a greater impact as a performance pieces.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Steal Her Style: Miranda Kerr’s Urban Prep

Steal Her Style: Miranda Kerr’s Urban Prep

Ashlee Simpson Preen Kimono-Collar Stretch-Crepe Dress

Ashlee Simpson Preen Kimono-Collar Stretch-Crepe Dress

16 Responses to Jessie J In Falguni and Shane & Mark Fast – VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

1. Alina December 19, 2011 at 15:09 #

First look is great for her.

2. robbie December 19, 2011 at 15:20 #

from the neck up in the first look its great, neck down train wreck. the performance outfit looks bad.

3. AW December 19, 2011 at 15:32 #

Love the F & S piece although I wish her undergarments were less intrusive.

The Mark Fast looks like ever other design from MF that i’ve seen. I get that it’s the aesthetic however it’s boring by now.

4. Ade December 19, 2011 at 15:38 #

I knew that hit she had at the Glamour women of he year awards was a one time thing. I hate the red carpet dress alot

5. Pati December 19, 2011 at 15:49 #

I like the first look a lot, but I wish she didn´t add the bottom frill…

6. TeaAtTwo December 19, 2011 at 16:03 #

What’s up with patterns around the crotch trend? Fergie and Roomi have been other culprits.

7. EmmaWoodhouse December 19, 2011 at 16:27 #

Tacky, tacky, tacky. Ulyana Seergenko is my style all the way–I am not a fan of this.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 19, 2011 at 16:30 #

Vulgar and vile, even for a performer.

• Hannah December 19, 2011 at 17:18 #

Completely. Her style is utterly tragic. The hem on the first dress is also so completely cheap looking, not that the dress would have been ok had it not been, but still.

9. Rebecca Z December 19, 2011 at 16:38 #

I think she looks cute, and manages to pull these off very well.

10. Linda December 19, 2011 at 19:04 #

Not as bad as Jennifer Hudson in the red Blonds stage outfit. The red carpet dress aside, her performance outfit is at least original and has some personality and isn’t designed merely to make the wearer look like a playboy bunny.

11. maria December 19, 2011 at 21:00 #

if you pick a dress like the F&S one, you should at least be brave enough to go commando in it or wear as little underwear as possible. What else is the point. Not sure why the bottom was added. Horrible.

12. Giuseppi Giraffe December 20, 2011 at 00:30 #

okay, i seriously don’t remember the last time i saw jessie j that my first thought wasn’t “Gross!”

i don’t know how she manages to find the trashiest looks on any runway and then make them look especially slutty when she’s wearing them. remember that horrible baby blue jumpsuit?
    (http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/10/20/who-wore-mark-fast-better-nicki-minaj-or-jessie-j/)
    blech!

13. Felicia December 20, 2011 at 10:22 #

1st look: looks better on the runway! It’s all wrong on her!
    2nd look: bad! Looks like something she grabbed at the last minute

14. Jess2 December 20, 2011 at 11:51 #

Mmmmmm I think this is a miss. I like both dresses on the runway especially the Mark Fast but I think they have lost all their appeal with Jessie’s alterations.

15. Shaina December 21, 2011 at 16:21 #

I don’t like either one. I love her music, but not her style. She just cannot pull off this type of clothing in my opinion.