Jessie J In Falguni and Shane & Mark Fast – VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

Jessie J was the third British singer to hit the red carpet for VH1’s Divas Celebrate Soul event at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City last night.

The singer is well known for her fashion-forward red carpet and performance looks, so we shouldn’t be surprised she opted for this daring Falguni & Shane Spring 2012 gown.

Her extended gown version has all the gold embroidered and embellished details, but with an added black flounced hemline.

Unlike the model, Jessie didn’t go commando, opting for a bikini-style top and high-waist blank panties.

I’m glad she toned down the makeup and allowed the dress to do all the talking on this occasion.

For her solo performance Jessie J wore a Mark Fast Spring 2011 dress.

The black knit dress with rainbow fringed details included fringes sleeves to make a greater impact as a performance pieces.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

16 thoughts on “Jessie J In Falguni and Shane & Mark Fast – VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

1. AW

Love the F & S piece although I wish her undergarments were less intrusive.

The Mark Fast looks like ever other design from MF that i’ve seen. I get that it’s the aesthetic however it’s boring by now.

2. Ade

I knew that hit she had at the Glamour women of he year awards was a one time thing. I hate the red carpet dress alot

1. Hannah

Completely. Her style is utterly tragic. The hem on the first dress is also so completely cheap looking, not that the dress would have been ok had it not been, but still.

3. Linda

Not as bad as Jennifer Hudson in the red Blonds stage outfit. The red carpet dress aside, her performance outfit is at least original and has some personality and isn’t designed merely to make the wearer look like a playboy bunny.

4. maria

if you pick a dress like the F&S one, you should at least be brave enough to go commando in it or wear as little underwear as possible. What else is the point. Not sure why the bottom was added. Horrible.

5. Felicia

1st look: looks better on the runway! It’s all wrong on her!
    2nd look: bad! Looks like something she grabbed at the last minute

6. Jess2

Mmmmmm I think this is a miss. I like both dresses on the runway especially the Mark Fast but I think they have lost all their appeal with Jessie’s alterations.

7. Shaina

I don’t like either one. I love her music, but not her style. She just cannot pull off this type of clothing in my opinion.