Florence Welch In Antonio Berardi – VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

Estelle wasn’t the only British female powerhouse singer to hit the red carpet at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City last night for VH1’s Divas Celebrate Soul event.

Florence Welch was also in attendance wearing an Antonio Berardi Spring 2012 dress.

The floaty nude chiffon rise and fall dress with leather embroidered details was teamed with nude ankle-strap pumps.

She looks heavenly as always, but a colour pop via her shoes would’ve been welcome; perhaps some would argue that her gorgeous flame hair was enough.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Chrissy Teigen In Elisabetta Franchi - 2014 ESPY Awards

Chrissy Teigen In Elisabetta Franchi – 2014 ESPY Awards

Jennifer Hudson In Francesco Scognamiglio - VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

Jennifer Hudson In Francesco Scognamiglio – VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

23 Responses to Florence Welch In Antonio Berardi – VH1 Divas Celebrates Soul

1. Lora December 19, 2011 at 13:08 #

I love the dress and the shoes. But I think she needs to stop wearing her hair in a middle parting, it’s far too harsh and puts me off many of her outfits.

• dee December 19, 2011 at 14:17 #

you took the words right out of my mouth. I can not stand her hairstyle. The middle part does nothing for her. That being said also love the dress and shoes.

• AW December 19, 2011 at 14:18 #

I agree. It makes her look old.

The dress is heaven!

Also, the rings are so early 90′s ghetto girl.

• mol December 19, 2011 at 17:11 #

I don’t like the hair completely either, and I agree that the rings are out of place with this outfit.

• maria December 19, 2011 at 20:56 #

i totally agree. love everything but the hair style. The hair colour itself is gorgeous.

2. The Dame December 19, 2011 at 13:19 #

I adore her style! Gorgeous dress, would love something like this as a wedding dress!

3. Jess2 December 19, 2011 at 13:20 #

I am so so glad that Florence wore this dress, I absolutely loved it in on the runway and wanted someone like her to take in on the redcarpet!! I love it with her gorgeous hair! I don’t mind the nude pumps too much especially considering they aren’t chunky/heavy. I really love this look.

• Linda December 19, 2011 at 19:08 #

Me too. I’m really starting to take notice of her style, esp. as compared to her contemporaries. I saw her perform and chat on The VIew today and she’s got a lovely, sweet personality too.

4. Martin December 19, 2011 at 13:22 #

The dress is gorgeous and I don’t particularly have an issue with the nude pumps. What does irk me though is the hair – distinctly greasy and limp and lifeless to me. A bit of body and volume wouldn’t have gone astray. Otherwise though, this is a pretty good look.

5. Emi December 19, 2011 at 13:41 #

I agree about the shoes, FC, something colorful would have been better. I prefer her with bangs, this hairstyle ages her and it kinda harden her features.

6. JacobGH December 19, 2011 at 13:55 #

I think she looks gorgeous

7. Pati December 19, 2011 at 13:57 #

This look is typical Florence – very pretty indeed ( I even like the shoes) but forgettable…

8. noo December 19, 2011 at 13:57 #

Florence’s styling took the freshness away from the look! but her gothic style is still very nice :D

9. andrea December 19, 2011 at 14:10 #

She looks great! Love the pointy toe heel with the dress. She always brings the drama so its nice to see her in something more neutral and subdued.

10. Jess December 19, 2011 at 14:22 #

hmm I think her hair and lipstick add enough colour. I adored this dress when presented, actually prefer Florence’s styling to the runway. The pointy pumps add some edge and veer the ensemble away from overly ethereal or pretty

11. firien December 19, 2011 at 14:24 #

I’m so tired of Florence wearng nude. So many colours would look great on her… I understand that she’s trying to don light, airy looks, but it’s not only nude and blush that are suitable for this.

12. TeaAtTwo December 19, 2011 at 15:55 #

I want those runway shoes under my Christmas tree.

13. EmmaWoodhouse December 19, 2011 at 18:29 #

It’s not my style but it works for her very well here. Would’ve preferred more volume in the hair though.

14. bianca December 26, 2011 at 13:28 #

i love everything here but the pointy pumps, i don’t think that ANY dress would look good with pointy pumps.maybe some sexy sandals would have worked better

15. rosie January 19, 2012 at 03:55 #

i like the hair part. i think it give her an angelic, ethereal sort of vibe. it fits in very well with her image and music.