16.12.11

Paula Patton For Harper’s Bazaar Arabia December 2011

‘Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol’ star Paula Patton looks breath-taking on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar Arabia which was shot by John Russo and styled by Sally Matthews wearing a Mauzan abaya dress over a gold sequined Cavalli mini dress.

Where was Sally when Paula needed her for the MI4 promo tour?

The actress dons Yves Saint Laurent and Jason Wu for the rest of her editorial.

Here are some extract from her interview:

On her favourite designers: My favorite designers right now are probably Dolce & Gabbana first and foremost, I love the femininity of their clothes. They’ll go a bit retro but give you enough modern elements that make it new and free. I’m a big fan of Lanvin, and for evening gowns, Carolina Herrera and I love McQueen.

On how she keeps her famous physique intact: “Sometimes I do yoga, sometimes it’s kickboxing, sometimes it’s weight training, sometimes it’s pilates. Basically still trying to keep the muscles there, so that when the next role comes it won’t feel quite as difficult. I don’t want to have to go through that first month again.

Credit: Getty

Shailene Woodley's Prabal Gurung Combo Dress

Shailene Woodley’s Prabal Gurung Combo Dress

Noomi Rapace In Emilio Pucci - ‘Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows’ Stockholm Premiere

Noomi Rapace In Emilio Pucci – ‘Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows’ Stockholm Premiere

17 Responses to Paula Patton For Harper’s Bazaar Arabia December 2011

1. Rebecca Z December 16, 2011 at 16:32 #

She is really beautiful, but they have photoshopped (or used makeup) to remove all the fullness from her face. She looks gaunt. Boo!

• Sam December 16, 2011 at 16:49 #

Yes and that looks like they shopped her to look more Arabian. Nothing like herself.

Although her legs look amazing in the car picture.

• Zineb December 16, 2011 at 17:03 #

So if we follow your reasoning @ Sam, Arab women don’t have a full face ? The pictures might have been old, and at that time, she might have been skinnier. That’s all ! And by the way, she looks beautiful, and I agree with you FC, she should’ve hired this Sally to help her pick the right choices!

• Sam December 16, 2011 at 18:31 #

No, I meant her overall facial features, not the skinniness. Just compare her real nose to that in these photos. They definitely tried to make her more appealing to their readership, which is disgusting.

• Linda December 16, 2011 at 18:57 #

Lovely, but photoshopped into a different face.

• Zineb December 16, 2011 at 19:16 #

Why would they change her nose to make her more appealing to her readership? There isn’t a typical ” type ” of Arabian nose … lol
        Arab women don’t care about the origin of celebrities on the cover of their magazines. They don’t need to look arabian … Although I believe there isn’t a typical arabian face, there are red-haired, blonde, brunette and black arab women. There isn’t such thing as ” appealing to her readership ”
        Anyway, one thing for sure, she did miss to impress us with her looks during this MI tour

• Linda December 18, 2011 at 15:08 #

Sam, I agree with you. It’s naive to think magazine covers are not phototshopped to appeal to the target market, whether it’s making the model thinner, blonder, bustier, giving a fuller mouth, changing the skin tone or eye colour – this is done on virtually ever magazine cover shot and in virtually every ad campaign for any product. It’s a known fact. She does look more Arabian here than she does in real life and I doubt it’s coincidence that this is Harper’s Bazaar Arabia. She looks quite different. All one has to do is Google images of her to see the difference.

• gurlygurl December 16, 2011 at 20:15 #

Agreed! On the cover shot it’s particularly evident… I do believe that is bad photoshopping rather than make up used to shade as her cheeks look hollow… They’re actually appear sunken, like they have dents in them. It’s an unfortunate state of things that magazines this excessive editing is a good look. There r some great sites that actually expose how dodgy these photoshopping efforts are! Having said that I like the editorial. The colors they used are so good for her and the images are strong and modern. Her legs do look amazing in the car shot!!! I think they may be all hers too ;)

2. Melrose December 16, 2011 at 16:56 #

not a good pic. looks like a man.

3. Ade December 16, 2011 at 17:27 #

The unnecessary dodging and burning in these images are absolutely disheartening. They took a beautiful woman and turned her into….THAT. The styling is not that great either.

• dressaddict December 16, 2011 at 17:38 #

+1!

4. TeaAtTwo December 16, 2011 at 18:26 #

She should have gotten in touch with Herrera and McQueen to dress her for this shambles of a tour.

5. TeaAtTwo December 16, 2011 at 18:59 #

Glad that I saw this after her tour otherwise I would have been dis-appointed even more than I was.

6. Ritika December 16, 2011 at 20:07 #

The car picture is stunning, also looks like the best outfit, even though cant make out most of it. But how I hate those ankle boots with that grey sequinned dress. yikes.. it’s just terrible.

7. Hannah December 16, 2011 at 21:58 #

The photoshopping is tragic, she has such a beautiful glowing full face, so it is just terrible. However, I so wish that she had worn the Jason Wu gown whilst promoting Mission impossible, or at least taken a better photo of it, she would have looked divine in it!

8. Raquel December 17, 2011 at 15:55 #

Paula has lot some weight, but I saw her on the MI-4 tour and trust me, the fullness of her face is still there. This cover – heck, all those pictures are a shame. They completely transformed her face, using too much bronzer on her cheeks and too mihc Photoshop. They even made her jaw look like Jennifer Aniston’s, and transformed a beautiful woman with a full face into this. Sorry, awful.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 18, 2011 at 01:50 #

The last shot is beautiful. Better than she’s looked all tour!