Charlize Theron In Stella McCartney – ‘Young Adult’ LA Premiere

Charlize Theron smoothed out her wavy locks for a sleek, straight hairdo on the red carpet for the LA premiere for ‘Young Adult’.

The blonde beauty wore a Stella McCartney Spring 2012 dress.

Now, many of you have struggled to like a single Stella McCartney Spring 2012 look on the red carpet, so how does Charlize ‘I can do no wrong on the red carpet’ Theron fair in this navy-and-white asymmetrical dress with mesh panels and embroidered details.

I think that if even Charlize can’t pull this off then there is no hope for anyone else.

Apart from the fact that the dress appears to be a tad too tight, this would’ve worked better for me if it was just one colour. This colour combo is jarring, to say the least, and incredibly unflattering around the bust.

The good news is she didn’t let us down in the footwear department as she donned a pair of sexy bondage-style Manolo Blahniks.

Charlize has plenty of time to redeem herself, as it was announced yesterday that she’s been nominated for the Best Actress Golden Globe for her role in ‘Young Adult’.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

37 thoughts on “Charlize Theron In Stella McCartney – ‘Young Adult’ LA Premiere

1. Martin

Unfortunate, very unfortunate. These dresses all looked fabulous on the models on the runway but they are falling spectacularly flat on the red carpet. Where to begin on this? A multitude of sins – too tight, poorly-fitting in the bust, the navy panel in the middle is way too tight and too long. I don’t even think that going one size up could have salvaged this look. The SSS (Stella Spring/Summer) curse strikes again.

1. Kiran

Completely agree plus I think the way the baroque pattern sits on the bust just looks awkward. So far Gwyneth has done this collection the most justice IMO.

2. Molly

What a wreck. I don’t even like the shoes. Nobody with as strong a “do no wrong” streak as Charlize does so without a good eye of their own, no matter how great the stylist. So I wonder what she is thinking about this. I don’t see any chance it would look good from any angle in the mirror.

3. gurlygurl

From runway to red carpet this look is a fail. I’m very surprised anyone is trying to wear this collection. Like you said, if Charlize in all her Amazonian beauty cannot make this work heaven forbid any other woman should try. Back to the drawing board Stella…this all feels very amatuer.

4. Hannah

The fit is awful but the styling is brilliant. I don’t completely hate this look, but I think that is because Charlize, terrible fit and all, looks amazing in everything apart from the Dior Oscar gown. I can actually nto wait until awards season Charlize, she has almost flawless choice in gowns.

5. franca

Some looks just need a stick figure with no shape or curves, in other words the dress must wear you. Just like Stella’s jumpsuit, horrendous!

6. D

i dont think the wavie pattern around the bust should be fitted exactly on top of the boobs… but its just a wiered design :( still so in love with CT!

7. Jess2

Devastating!! considering Charlize’s excellent start to the week this dress makes me sad. You are right FC if Charlize can’t pull this off, ain’t nobody gonna pull it off! I love love love the shot of her shoes!! outstanding yet again

1. Rebecca Z

I agree, and she wears the dress better than most. But there’s something wrong with the way these dresses are made.

8. Emi

Even if I’m a fan of Stella, I admit this collection is difficult to pull off. Said that, she didn’t because of the terrible fit of the dress, which is too tight, and because of the hemline. I think she should have kept the runway shape of the hem lengthening the dress just 10 cm, because her hem reminds me the dress of Fred Flintstone’s wife…
    I quite like the shoes, but not with this dress.

9. Leti

The only way I would have liked this off the runway is if the sheer part was simply lined or made with black opaque fabric, and the proportions were left the same as on the runway. I don’t like how they fiddled with the proportions of this dress! But, as noted above, the styling is otherwise perfect.

1. TeaAtTwo

I’m not impressed with Stella’s SS12 blazers and neither the suit in the hideous print half the collection is in.

10. Tahj

I really can’t stand the mesh part, but on the other hand Charlize is so beautiful that she still manages to look stunning and classy even if the dress is questionable.

11. Katharine

Stella McCartney has perpetrated some of the worst red carpet dresses of the year. If a dress is hideously unflattering on Charlize Theron, of all people, it is irredeemably bad. Worst dress of the week, and strong contender for worst of the year.

12. Verena Hafner - musings of a fashion stylist

It’s funny. I’ve seen photos of her in this dress before but haven’t looked too closely. So I thought she looked good. But seeing the fit now, it’s actually quite awful. I even dislike the shoes. Not because they’re ugly, they aren’t, but because the mesh is too soft and you can see her toe bulging out. Ew.

13. Joy

Ouch! This has gotta hurt! I have to agree that Stella can kill ya with her looks sometimes. Definitely not a good look. And those shoes, pretty but look sort of bizarre and hard to stand or walk in. I’m sure she will do better next out.

14. Parvati

I actually like this look. Sure, the dress is quite tight compared to how it was presented on the runway, but I think she looks beautiful, anyway. I also love her hair and her shoes.