Scarlett Johansson In Proenza Schouler – ‘The Late Show with David Letterman’

Scarlett Johansson made a guest appearance on ‘The Late Show with David Letterman’ on Monday.

The actress, who’s blonde-bombshell crown has been taken from her by Amber Heard, wore a Proenza Schouler Spring 2012 dress.

Her look consisted of a black-and-white crocodile-print bustier which was teamed with a vibrant turquoise wrap skirt.

My first thought was why?

Why did she tuck the top into the skirt? The runway styling is much more appealing, don’t you think?

Still sporting the same 40s do from the premiere, Scarlett teamed her ensemble with white Christian Louboutin Mary Jane peep-toes, diamond-drop earrings, statement rings, and a gold bangle.

Credit: Style.com & CBS

Rooney Mara In Prabal Gurung - ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ New York Premiere

Rooney Mara In Prabal Gurung – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ New York Premiere

Kate Mara In Christian Dior - ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ New York Premiere

Kate Mara In Christian Dior – ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ New York Premiere

25 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Proenza Schouler – ‘The Late Show with David Letterman’

1. Martin December 15, 2011 at 12:09 #

Truly mystifing. One of my absolute favourite looks from Proenza S/S 2012, defiled. I am completely puzzled as to why she tucked the top in to the skirt, given that it makes her look so much bigger than she actually is. She needs to stop wearing looks that cut her off at the waist (like her stomach-baring Dolce ensemble from earlier this week) – this would have been immeasurely better had the top sat on the top of her hips as it does on Ginta on the runway. There is no balance whatsoever between the two elements here and Scarlett is much, much poorer for it.

2. Jones19 December 15, 2011 at 12:25 #

The top being tucked in creates a bulge in her midsection which is not flattering. This completely ruins the outfit for me.

3. Lara December 15, 2011 at 12:29 #

It was not a bad idea to tuck it in, it’s just that she looks a bit thick around the middle, which I’m sure she isn’t actually.

4. Jacqu December 15, 2011 at 12:32 #

The runway styling is more appealing and would be more flattering for her. The way the skirt stretches across her abdomen is a shame because we know she has a rocking body.

5. A December 15, 2011 at 12:36 #

I think she looks rather nice. The turquoise colour is great with her skin tone, and the top is really interesting. Shoes are fairly mingin’ though.

6. Emi December 15, 2011 at 12:40 #

Why? My thought, too. The runway styling is more appealing,and she should have kept it, because the top tucked into the skirt is unflattering on her.

7. CreoleLady December 15, 2011 at 12:56 #

A BB King song popped into my head: ” the thrill is gone, ….”

• D December 15, 2011 at 15:18 #

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) December 15, 2011 at 13:06 #

Im with you FC. Why oh Why???
    She looks short waisted and like she has a bit of tummy. The look with nude pumps is way to0 summery. So much better on the runway, anchored with a black shoe.

• The Dame December 15, 2011 at 13:42 #

Honey, MOST of us have a bit of a tummy, it shouldnt be covered up, covering up what comes naturally makes it seem unnatural when we see it. I like that she doesnt cover her body up.

• anemone December 16, 2011 at 09:52 #

I agree! She looks gorgeous and noone could take blond bombshell away from her! I prefer the top tucked in and I think she looks exaxtly like one of the Hollywood sirens from the forties,

• Valeria December 15, 2011 at 14:30 #

Agree on the tummy! But looking at her arms as well I think she is back to her delicious self after a small fling with skinny b…h image. I don’t mind she tucked it in, actually

• dee December 15, 2011 at 15:12 #

9. Lei December 15, 2011 at 13:38 #

The runway styling is so much more flattering! God knows what possessed her to tuck it in!
    Bored of that hairstyle already!

10. The Dame December 15, 2011 at 13:41 #

Ok, where did her boobs go??

11. Jen December 15, 2011 at 13:46 #

Her stylist hates her. There’s really no other option. Never have I seen someone so beautiful look so .. not.

12. Alina December 15, 2011 at 14:28 #

Bad.

13. Linda December 15, 2011 at 15:11 #

Not sure about tucking the top in, but still she looks lovely. I love the colour combination and the hair and esp. the smile.

14. justme December 15, 2011 at 16:05 #

I actually like Scarlett’s styling better. The problem is that it doesn’t flatter her figure.

15. EmmaWoodhouse December 15, 2011 at 17:29 #

I don’t like this look to start with, and although i get where Scarlett was going with it the execution was very bad. :(

16. Cate December 15, 2011 at 18:08 #

I’d like to see her in a simple look.. That dress (wonderful, but not on her or in a wrong size) + those shoes + hair in that way.. I don’t know..

17. CTgirl December 16, 2011 at 00:19 #

Lately Miss Scarlett has been looking like a grade B 1940′s pinup girl. This is stunningly bad. She manages to look overdone, dumpy, and disheveled all in one look. Yikes.

18. Tahj December 16, 2011 at 05:26 #

She’s looking dumpy lately. And she’s got quite a belly, should have worn something more flattering.

19. GGG December 16, 2011 at 22:43 #

Egads…. Horrible outfit. White shoes?!? But her make-up and hair are flawless…

20. Verena Hafner - musings of a fashion stylist December 18, 2011 at 00:03 #

Tucked in or not, I think this is just not the right silhouette for her. This should have been good on Claire Danes!