Rooney Mara In Donna Karan – The Late Show With David Letterman

Before Rooney Mara headed over to the Ziegfeld Theater for the premiere of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, the actress dropped by ‘The Late Show With David Letterman’ to promote her new movie.

She also talked about her football background, getting drunk before her audition and how much she was paid for the movie (apparently not a lot).

Rooney is the second person after Coco Rocha to wear a look from the Pre-Fall 2012 collections, as she donned a Donna Karan jumpsuit.

Her strapless jumpsuit with a white bustier top and black wide-legged pants was teamed with the same Christian Louboutin Mary Jane heels she wore to the premiere.

Blunt bangs and barely there makeup completed her look on this occasion.

Credit: Style.com

Bridget Moynahan In Lela Rose - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Bridget Moynahan In Lela Rose – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Kurt Geiger Half Price Sale Now On

Kurt Geiger Half Price Sale Now On

21 Responses to Rooney Mara In Donna Karan – The Late Show With David Letterman

1. Nat39 December 15, 2011 at 20:31 #

It`s nice but feels a bit oversimplified/bare – brighter lips or a major statement accessory (like earrings on the model) would`ve been a nice touch.

2. Heather December 15, 2011 at 21:01 #

Shame about her posture.

• CB December 15, 2011 at 22:05 #

I agree! It really took this look from confident and powerful to weak and unsure. I’m sure she’s still getting used to all the attention and spotlight, but she’s an actress… ACT like you have the grace and confidence for a 10 minute interview!

• TeaAtTwo December 15, 2011 at 23:13 #

I agree about her posture when she walked out but when seated she look better and was rather charming. So vulgar of letterman to ask about her pay.

• Jones19 December 16, 2011 at 13:59 #

Agreed, her posture really puts me off but I do like this outfit.

3. Mol December 15, 2011 at 22:19 #

I love how simple and stark it all was – the outfit, makeup, hair worked for me, I wouldn’t have added a thing.

• TeaAtTwo December 15, 2011 at 23:14 #

+1 – minimalist elegance.

• Alina December 16, 2011 at 13:22 #

4. NH December 15, 2011 at 22:56 #

omg i just watched her interview 10 mins ago and here you post it…and i was honestly thinking if FC is going to reveal what she is wearing AHHH!!!!..
    what a coincidence

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2011 at 23:36 #

Ha…that is a coincidence

5. gurlygurl December 15, 2011 at 23:14 #

I realllly love this jumpsuit. It’s simplicity is beautiful. I don’t think these wide legged bottoms are ideal for Rooneys stature but it’s not a complete fail. I do agree with CB’s though… it feels a liltte insecure. I also would have liked to have seen a little color on her lips.

6. Raquel December 15, 2011 at 23:47 #

I wish she would wear even small studs. The lack of jewelry really annoys me.

7. CTgirl December 15, 2011 at 23:58 #

The posture makes me feel like my grandmother since I want to pull her shoulders back. As to the wide legged pants, a person needs to have really long legs and/or be really short waisted. Ms. Mara is neither and she should avoid this style. In general I think that she dresses in such an interesting and sophisticated way for someone her age. This outfit doesn’t really work. Next time . . .

8. Grace December 16, 2011 at 00:54 #

LOL, FC. I love you so much, but you just committed one of my only pet peeves. It’s regimen, not regime. I normally would never correct anyone, but this always gets under my skin.

Regime- a mode or system of rule or government, a prevailing power
    Regimen- a regulated course, as of diet, exercise, or manner of living, intended to preserve or restore health or to attain some result.

A beauty regime sounds like she has her own little army of hair and make-up dictators. It makes me giggle.

Anyway, I love her look. I like that she always keeps it different and edgy (no bandage dresses here), but never goes too over the top or desperately avant-garde.

9. EmmaWoodhouse December 16, 2011 at 01:46 #

Back to bangs! I know it’s for the role but I really dislike them. Plus, not a fan of the jumpsuit…I don’t like them in general but would love to see some jewelry with whatever she wears, just like Raquel said.

10. Tahj December 16, 2011 at 05:24 #

I love this. But I’m a sucker for black/white combinations when it’s done with simplicity.

11. Jess2 December 16, 2011 at 08:54 #

Seeing the jumpsuit on the model and I am absolutely in love but watching Rooney and I feel a bit underwhelmed, mainly because of her posture I think. I am a fan of simplicity so the lack of accessories does not really bother me here but I would have loved to have seen a bold lip colour to make her face pop. Overall, not bad (except for the posture) but not great.

12. J December 16, 2011 at 15:52 #

The hair and posture ruin it.

13. Leo December 16, 2011 at 16:57 #

I’ve found a new stye chrush. I think Rooney Mara may be my favourite promo tour girl of the year. She came late into the game but I’m loving her choices. They fit her, they fit the movie she’s promoting. Looking fierce all around.

14. Verena Hafner - musings of a fashion stylist December 17, 2011 at 23:53 #

The fit was off. Probably something to do with her posture. Not the best choice for a sit-down interview in my opinion.